2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

What the hell is FORD thinking???????????

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/13, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn

That and people also tend to forget that the later Fox bodies were designed around a Euro look.
Yeah, I think people either forget or dismiss that the original Stang did have a significant strand of Euro in its DNA, a level that has waxed and waned over the years and across models but never disappearing.

The original Foxstang was perhaps the most Euro followed closely by the '65. I would put the 2015 a few hundred miles west of the Mid-Atlantic ridge, i.e., more American in character but hardly provincial -- pretty much like the '65.

Like its WWII namesake, the P-51 Mustang with it's Brit motor and designed for Brit needs here in N.A., this blending of genes proved to be it's greatest strength of both. That the 2015 reemphasizes this well-balanced cosmopolitan aspect, again, only bodes well in my mind.
Old 12/23/13, 05:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Garbone
Might that be a two door Fusion???
Lol right?? It's funny, it started with everyone hoping it didn't look like a fusion and now that it does, we'll start calling it euro styling like it's something new and not a complete copy and past.
Old 12/23/13, 06:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by steven46746
Lol right?? It's funny, it started with everyone hoping it didn't look like a fusion and now that it does, we'll start calling it euro styling like it's something new and not a complete copy and past.
The only people that would seriously confuse a Fusion with a '15 Mustang ate paint chips when they were kids. I own a Fusion and it doesn't look like a Mustang at all. C'mon son...
Old 12/23/13, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I saw the new Mustang when it was at Venice. The pics don't do the car justice at all. Really has a premium look to the car, for those of you who don't like it that is fine. Just understand you are in a major minority, most of the people at the unveiling in Venice just adored the car. I saw it from about 50 ft. away and it was pretty impressive. I also think a lot of the people who say they don't like the car will end up buying it in a few years from now. It would be interesting to see a thread on this...a thread in which the naysayers get to eat crow.

Im seeing this on the bimmer forums as well regarding the new F30/32 M cars, but mainly not from the looks but the migration from that glorious V8 to a TT I6 and the way it sounds. Love the new M4 but from the videos I watched the car sounded like ***.

Dave

Last edited by Dave07997S; 12/23/13 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12/23/13, 06:36 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by tbi0904
The only people that would seriously confuse a Fusion with a '15 Mustang ate paint chips when they were kids. I own a Fusion and it doesn't look like a Mustang at all. C'mon son...
Mmmmmm...paint chips!!!
Old 12/23/13, 07:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That or have a glue stick taped to their nose!
Old 12/23/13, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh wow thanks so much for the out loud laughing your comment created in my home!!!

HILARIOUS!
Old 12/23/13, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys, why are people still debating if the car looks nice or not. There is no right or wrong answer. Its all subjective and to each their own. Buy the freaking car if one loves it. Don't buy the car if you hate it or dislike it. Fusion, not fusion, euro , not euro, what ever. We now know what the 2015 looks like , so keep your current model or get the new one. Either way, it doesnt make a craps difference. Ford will loose customers, Ford will gain customers, the sun shall rise and the sun shall set. F it,
Old 12/23/13, 10:59 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Guys, why are people still debating if the car looks nice or not. There is no right or wrong answer. Its all subjective and to each their own. Buy the freaking car if one loves it. Don't buy the car if you hate it or dislike it. Fusion, not fusion, euro , not euro, what ever. We now know what the 2015 looks like , so keep your current model or get the new one. Either way, it doesnt make a craps difference. Ford will loose customers, Ford will gain customers, the sun shall rise and the sun shall set. F it,
*ahem* "lose" customers.

My job here is done
Old 12/24/13, 06:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Why does everyone ignore the torque numbers? The 4.6 is a strong motor! With some simple mods you can get more out of the eight than a six or four.

Originally Posted by David Young
I wonder how the 2010 and below GT people feel now, not only a 6 cylinder spanking them but now a 4 cylinder

Last edited by SpeedCostsMoney; 12/24/13 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12/24/13, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang
Oh wow thanks so much for the out loud laughing your comment created in my home!!!

HILARIOUS!
Thanks. It was one of my favorite lines from Tommy Boy.
Old 12/30/13, 11:06 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe Ford is thinking that people are tired of seeing the heavy bloated looking S197's.
Old 12/31/13, 05:55 AM

I guess some of you are to young and some are to old to remember when they replaced the Fox body with the new body. People said it was to big, to heavy, to ugly, they found anything to complain about. Well,What happened???? It is now considered what a Mustang is. Of course there are some that will never give up their Fox body's but they sure don't bad mouth the 197's.
We have only seen pictures of the 2015's but the people that seen them in person say they look great and way better then a photograph can show.
I personally will wait until I see one in person before making up my mind weather to trade in the most beautiful, Stunning Mustang in the whole wide world."""MINE"""
Name:  Blackout7X9stang.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  61.5 KB
Ronnie
Old 12/31/13, 06:17 AM

They came out eith that austin martin look(much like the fusion) because it's they're first internationally available mustang and if they got thst look they'll be selling like hottcakes in other countrys, atleast they didn't ruin it to bad they could have done alot worse like made it a 4 door(joking) but anyways check out that new performance i hears 500hp at the flywheel and 300-400lb weight savings(if you throw out the interier, front k member, lighter rims, and carbon hood your prob under 50lbs under stock fox body weight!! And for those auto fans the paddle shifters are badass i drove a lamborghini in vegas and those paddle shifters are sweet, hopfully theyll keep all the performance with the next gen eith a better american look, and they better not put all this safty crap like the freaking automatic breaks and all that crap!!!
Old 12/31/13, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedCostsMoney
Why does everyone ignore the torque numbers? The 4.6 is a strong motor! With some simple mods you can get more out of the eight than a six or four.
Indeed, it has a nice torque curve! Rock on, fellow 2010 GT owner!
Old 12/31/13, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Indeed, it has a nice torque curve! Rock on, fellow 2010 GT owner!
I could be wrong but it seems like the 4.6 was a little tough to squeeze power out of. But I've seen some aggressive 2 valve engines so I'll say it's my ignorance of the 3 valve engines. Are there many 400+ Hp or high 300 low 400 lb-ft 4.6s around?

I never had much of a problem with the engine just didn't seem as much of a heavy hitter.
Old 12/31/13, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
I could be wrong but it seems like the 4.6 was a little tough to squeeze power out of. But I've seen some aggressive 2 valve engines so I'll say it's my ignorance of the 3 valve engines. Are there many 400+ Hp or high 300 low 400 lb-ft 4.6s around?
Superchargers are wonderous Between Whipple and Roush (most ppular, in my opinion), they are out there. The limiting factor is the bottom end strength. Going north of 450-475rwhp starts to get dicey, as you might expect.

I actually was referring to the stock 325ft-lb peak and torque curve, which was originally being compared with the stock amounts for the current 3.7 and the future 2.3 turbo. For a daily driver around town, that makes a difference in the seat-of-the-pants feel (280 vs 325 is a noticeable amount. Of course, these days, it is a relatively "weak" because of the 5.0L's peak.

However, I do find it interesting that the revised 5.0L engine has parts with a focus on managing the midrange torque curve. Having never driven a 5.0L, I won't have a basis for comparison between the '11-'14 engines and the new one. I expect to feel a big difference from my 2010 GT though!

If that 2.3 is strong, boost will no doubts make a difference, just as it does for the 3.7 or the 4.6.
Old 12/31/13, 09:00 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can already see/hesr aftermarket turboʻs being installed on the ecoboost just ripping some v8 motors apart. Theres alot of potential there
Old 12/31/13, 10:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbeeney6
They came out eith that austin martin look(much like the fusion) because it's they're first internationally available mustang and if they got thst look they'll be selling like hottcakes in other countrys, atleast they didn't ruin it to bad they could have done alot worse like made it a 4 door(joking) but anyways check out that new performance i hears 500hp at the flywheel and 300-400lb weight savings(if you throw out the interier, front k member, lighter rims, and carbon hood your prob under 50lbs under stock fox body weight!! And for those auto fans the paddle shifters are badass i drove a lamborghini in vegas and those paddle shifters are sweet, hopfully theyll keep all the performance with the next gen eith a better american look, and they better not put all this safty crap like the freaking automatic breaks and all that crap!!!
Punctuation, heard of it?
Old 12/31/13, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Superchargers are wonderous Between Whipple and Roush (most ppular, in my opinion), they are out there. The limiting factor is the bottom end strength. Going north of 450-475rwhp starts to get dicey, as you might expect. I actually was referring to the stock 325ft-lb peak and torque curve, which was originally being compared with the stock amounts for the current 3.7 and the future 2.3 turbo. For a daily driver around town, that makes a difference in the seat-of-the-pants feel (280 vs 325 is a noticeable amount. Of course, these days, it is a relatively "weak" because of the 5.0L's peak. However, I do find it interesting that the revised 5.0L engine has parts with a focus on managing the midrange torque curve. Having never driven a 5.0L, I won't have a basis for comparison between the '11-'14 engines and the new one. I expect to feel a big difference from my 2010 GT though! If that 2.3 is strong, boost will no doubts make a difference, just as it does for the 3.7 or the 4.6.
I never assume superchargers as I don't particularly care for them. I care more about pure engine. Anything with a supercharger makes easy power.

I'm more interested in bore and stroke or camshafts, head flow and such.

I've driven a 2010 and 2011+ and the 2010 felt good in the car. Easily enough street power. Maybe not the best on paper.

I am excited to drive the Eco boost 4 though. I think it will surprise people. I'm not against FI it's just typically not my bag. But I do like boost when I've driven it. Though I remain more NA enthusiast.

Quick Reply: What the hell is FORD thinking???????????