The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Radio keeps switching over to AM station. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/radio-keeps-switching-over-am-station-546177/)

woody24 9/24/18 08:27 AM

Radio keeps switching over to AM station.

Has anyone updated their Sync software to Version 3 yet? After doing do, after a handful of times shutting off the car, the radio be all static when I turn the car back on due to it being on AM.

At first I thought that maybe I must have hit a button by accident, but has now happened enough that I know it's not me, and I know the battery isn't being disconnected.

But then just last week, I was playing with the setting in the radio and had it check for a software update. It started downloading one, and updated. Software version still says 3.0, but now instead of going to an AM station, it goes to an FM one instead of staying on the Sirius station I was listening to.

So if you've updated to V3.0, have you noticed this? I've contacted Ford. Waiting for them to tell me the standard, "reset your system" answer.

wanted33 9/26/18 02:56 PM

I haven't updated mine Dustin. I have been cautious because of a screwy update on the older system in our '13. What a goat roping that was. I wish I could help with an answer, but I do not know what's up. I do know now that you've tipped me off I'll not be updating the '18 until I hear back from you on what the SYNC people say. Good luck, and keep us updated..

woody24 9/26/18 08:34 PM

Ford customer service was no help and gave me the exact answer I was expecting. They asked for a lot of info though. VIN #, how many miles were on the car, who I was, who the owner of the car was, the zip code of where I'm from, and my email address. All this from a simple "hey, I think you're Sync update may be doing some funky stuff" comment on Twitter.

They came back and said there are no active recalls for me vehicle, to which I replied that I wouldn't think there would be for an issue like this. Just a bug fix. Then they finally told me the standard, "Try resetting your radio to the factory settings."

I haven't done that yet. Maybe the install bugged out at some point and that's all it was? I haven't come across anyone else asking the same thing yet, but since I had to manually update via USB drive, I'm betting a small percentage has done so.

Bert 9/27/18 07:38 AM

which AM radio station is it?

I think it is a government plot, mind control, propaganda . . . :-)

SpectreH 9/27/18 09:22 AM

Sync in my '13 only works like it is supposed to on those times I wish it didn't.

When I get in my car alone, I plug my phone in, start the car, and it reverts to LINE IN 90+% of the time.

Now, when my wife is with me, who usually does not want to hear what I listen to, I'll plug the phone in, start the car, and it will start playing from USB, like it should, every single time.

wanted33 9/27/18 10:59 AM

Dustin, when you say Ford Customer service was that actually the SYNC people, or are they one in the same now. I haven't called them for several years, and don't know how it's handled now.

woody24 9/27/18 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by wanted33 (Post 7035559)
Dustin, when you say Ford Customer service was that actually the SYNC people, or are they one in the same now. I haven't called them for several years, and don't know how it's handled now.

It's whoever's on the other end of the @FordService twitter account. General Ford Customer service, not specific to SYNC. But don't know if SYNC has their own CS people.

wanted33 9/28/18 11:48 AM

SYNC had their own customer service the last time I called, but that was several years ago. If you haven't already set up an account at https://owner.ford.com/sign-in.html?logoutRequest=true. Go to "SYNC Owners Support" where they have a live chat thingy set up. You should be able to get some help there.

Xar 10/5/18 10:07 AM

I'm real surprised that you are having issues? Granted I've only used sync 3 with my 18 (came with ver 3.0) - I had ok experiences with my 13 gt sync, but sync 3 (ver 3.0) is absolutely amazing, the only thing that is buggy for me is sometimes the volume circle doesn't appear when I turn the volume up for a phone call, but that's a minor issue... Everything else with the stock 3.0 version of my sync 3 is perfect... Maybe a system reset? Maybe undo the battery for 10 min and then see if that also resets it? Reviews on the net shows sync 3 v 3.0 is actually one of the better vehicle infotainment systems out there, I absolutely love it far more than what my wife has in her 2017 Nissan Murano...

woody24 10/6/18 08:33 AM

I did a factory reset, and so far no issues with the radio automatically switching over to another preset list.

That may have been the issue. I do remember when I updated the software from vs 2.x to 3, that it said I'd have to resync my phone and reprogram my radio stations. After v3 installed, everything stayed the way I had it. Phone was still connected, and radio stations were still the same. After doing the master reset, I had to reprogram everything all over again.

So it may have just been a little hiccup during the install of v3.

woody24 10/7/18 07:55 AM

Never mind. The Master Reset didn't fix it. Radio switched to the FM presets yesterday after leaving it on Sirius.

No idea why it does it or how. And it only goes backwards one spot, because all I have to do is hit my Media button once and it goes forward to the Sirius preset #1 that I was previously on.