The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Pulled the trigger yesterday (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/pulled-trigger-yesterday-530515/)

ScottsGT 5/21/14 08:29 AM

Pulled the trigger yesterday

Placed my order using the X Plan.
DIB Premium GT (400A)
spoiler delete
3:55 rear gears
Standard trans
Spare tire

Now the wait begins....

Boomer 5/21/14 08:56 AM

Nice.
Can't wait to see all the delivery threads :)

IndustryLeech 5/21/14 09:03 AM

Is the X-plan pricing up on the X-plan website already?

SONICBOOST 5/21/14 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 6805755)
Nice. Can't wait to see all the delivery threads :)

True that.

MRGTX 5/21/14 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ScottsGT (Post 6805753)
DIB Premium GT (400A)
spoiler delete
Standard trans
Spare tire

Now the wait begins....

:metal:

Awesome.

Would you mind sharing your price? Since you used X-Plan, it's not like we can critique your negotiation skills. :D

Mustang Freak 5/21/14 09:33 AM

Congrats!!!

MyStang2010GB 5/21/14 09:51 AM

Congrats. DIB looks great on the new body style

pminri 5/21/14 09:57 AM

Congrats. Hang in there. Most of us had to go through the wait.

ScottsGT 5/21/14 05:15 PM

It came to $35,395. I was told that if there are any incentives, they will be added at the time of pickup.

chronos 5/22/14 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsGT (Post 6805753)
DIB Premium GT (400A)
spoiler delete
Standard trans
Spare tire

Now the wait begins....

What is a spoiler delete? I haven't seen any pictures of this body with a spoiler. It has a spoiler lip built into the trunk lid. :dunno:

rodriguez256 5/23/14 01:02 AM

So far we've seen two different spoilers.

rodriguez256 5/23/14 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by chronos (Post 6806435)
What is a spoiler delete? I haven't seen any pictures of this body with a spoiler. It has a spoiler lip built into the trunk lid. :dunno:

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/images/ne...ng_gt_rear.jpg

Boomer 5/23/14 07:43 AM

The other one is a blade spoiler that only goes on the trunk lid.
It doesn't extend over to the fender like this one.

chronos 5/23/14 09:19 AM

I had not seen those till now. I guess I'm with you on the delete. I could take those or leave them. This body doesn't really need a spoiler. When they are that small it makes little difference. Not like the 05-09 where the spoilers were really noticeable.

ScottsGT 5/23/14 09:41 AM

I did the delete because 1) it's a sexy back end already. (Yes, I'm still talking about the car) 2) easier to add aftermarket later if something better looking comes out that catches my eye.

Boomer 5/23/14 09:47 AM

Yeah it does look great without the spoiler.
The lip up to and over the decklid is pretty well defined on it's own.

xlover 5/23/14 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 6806571)
Yeah it does look great without the spoiler. The lip up to and over the decklid is pretty well defined on it's own.

I think we are going to see much higher spoiler delete take rate on the s550. Car is perfectly balanced visually without it.

ScottsGT 5/23/14 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep! Just like my '66 in the garage. When I built it I thought of a Mayer tall spoilered trunk lid. But stock was sexy!
Attachment 192977

IndustryLeech 5/23/14 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsGT (Post 6806626)
Yep! Just like my '66 in the garage. When I built it I thought of a Mayer tall spoilered trunk lid. But stock was sexy!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ps3c6d8d86.jpg

Sweet Jebus, that is a stunner my friend! Congrats!

chronos 5/23/14 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsGT (Post 6806626)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ps3c6d8d86.jpg

That's a handsome looking car. No spoiler needed!

captainmark 5/24/14 06:29 AM

I think I will order the same car - premium gt manual - however, the 373 rear end is standard for the gt, why did you opt for the 355? In test driving the earlier year v-6's with the manual, I found the gears to be too tall for spirited driving. Thanks. I may go with the x plan after talking to my local dealer as well. Seems like a good idea. Incidentally, we get the GM family discounts on GM's, and sometimes it's well worth it, sometimes not depending on the brand. Still like the Mustang over the Camaro.

The 2015 GT is a lot of car for $36k.

xlover 5/24/14 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by captainmark (Post 6806874)
I think I will order the same car - premium gt manual - however, the 373 rear end is standard for the gt, why did you opt for the 355?

3.31 is standard for manual GTs, 3.73 only comes with the performance package

3.15 is std for autos

captainmark 5/24/14 05:16 PM

Performance package seems like a good deal, why not get it? It is a performance car, after all.

Von Bek 5/24/14 07:47 PM

Performance package has staggered wheels. It's my only reservation. Otherwise it's an awesome deal.

ScottsGT 5/25/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by captainmark (Post 6807022)
Performance package seems like a good deal, why not get it? It is a performance car, after all.

1). It would have pushed my monthly payment into the "can't afford it" price.

2) I drive my car everywhere. I don't want to be out in the middle of BFE and have a flat tire and no spare available for the car. And hit a pothole in a low profile tire, and that can of fix a flat is only good to trade for a ride into town.

3) I hate black wheels.

captainmark 5/26/14 09:01 AM

I don't like black wheels, either. It would cover up the brake dust, however.

I had the staggered wheels on a 300zx tt and you couldn't rotate the tires. I only had to put a new battery and rear tires on that car the 3 years I owned it, though.

Good luck with your purchase!

chronos 5/26/14 09:10 AM

Wow....finally found a couple of people that hate Black Wheels like I do. I see them on everything now and I totally detest them. Sorry to those that like them, but I need some contrast like the silver provides.

flynavy 5/26/14 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by chronos (Post 6807567)
Wow....finally found a couple of people that hate Black Wheels like I do. I see them on everything now and I totally detest them. Sorry to those that like them, but I need some contrast like the silver provides.

Totally agreed. The craze of "hey let me throw black wheels on my car and it automatically looks mean" is baffling to me.

puma1552 5/26/14 09:39 AM

Black wheels look like dogsh!t IMO. Not sure why people think driving around on something that looks like a spare tire and which you can see zero details of the rim looks good, but I digress.

Glad to see most of the Mustang crowd isn't into that crap, hopefully Ford gets the message.

Blackbird. 5/26/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by chronos (Post 6807567)

As someone who likes the look of black wheels on some colors, namely silver, that's exactly what it provides... Contrast.

And I'm sorry puma I really don't see how most black wheels look like spare steelies. I mean, really? That's stretching it.

On that note the specific black wheels Ford offers does not fit the car. But as always to each their own.

Shelby Mama 5/26/14 04:55 PM

I'm also in the "I hate black rims club." Give me some chrome any day!

IndustryLeech 5/26/14 05:05 PM

+1 for black wheel hate.

I never understood this trend.

88lx50 5/26/14 05:53 PM

I like black rims. We all have our own opinions and can do as we wish. If I get tired of them I can powder coat them a different color. Ain't this country great?

Mustang Freak 5/26/14 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 88lx50 (Post 6807703)
I like black rims. We all have our own opinions and can do as we wish. If I get tired of them I can powder coat them a different color. Ain't this country great?

Yes it is great! People like the halos, lowered, custom rims, and on and on! They're all Mustangs and that's what really matters! :rockon:

puma1552 5/26/14 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Blackbird. (Post 6807664)

And I'm sorry puma I really don't see how most black wheels look like spare steelies. I mean, really? That's stretching it.

how do they look like anything else?

88lx50 5/26/14 07:20 PM

Puma - I would never buy a Mustang with an automatic transmission. But I won't knock you for owning one. The one thing that is great about most Mustang owners is they like to make the cars their own. Some things might not be my cup of tea. But I think it is great that people order and mod their cars how they see fit.

Mustang Freak 5/26/14 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by puma1552 (Post 6807721)
how do they look like anything else?

Theses don't look like spare steelies to me?!? :dunno:
Attachment 159340

Blackbird. 5/26/14 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6807766)

Exactly

laserred38 5/27/14 12:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Neither did these or these...

SONICBOOST 5/27/14 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 88lx50 (Post 6807703)

Indeed. A big like for me with black rims is the maintenance. When I had my chrome rims I would be out there polishing and always getting off water marks or what not. With the black rims I just wipe and go. I still like chrome rims but with what I think is minor OCD I'll take a good set of darker wheels :-) :-)

88lx50 5/27/14 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6807869)
Indeed. A big like for me with black rims is the maintenance. When I had my chrome rims I would be out there polishing and always getting off water marks or what not. With the black rims I just wipe and go. I still like chrome rims but with what I think is minor OCD I'll take a good set of darker wheels :-) :-)

I got gloss black and the maintenance is ridiculous. If I breathe on them the wrong way they scratch. Next time I might go with semi-gloss. They look great though. I have to try the power ball to polish and wax them.

2011 Kona Blue 5/27/14 10:05 AM

This has nothing to do with the topic but I gotta give love to black wheels. I'm not a fan of a black car with black wheels but the black wheels adds contrast on a car painted Orange, yellow, silver, white, red, maroon, purple, etc. To say black wheels look like dog $hit or a spare tire wheels is silly and is freaking crazy. Black wheels are far easier to maintain when cleaning and chrome is a pain in the a$$ to keep clean between the water spots, road grime and brake dust.

captainmark 5/27/14 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsGT (Post 6807328)
1). It would have pushed my monthly payment into the "can't afford it" price.

2) I drive my car everywhere. I don't want to be out in the middle of BFE and have a flat tire and no spare available for the car. And hit a pothole in a low profile tire, and that can of fix a flat is only good to trade for a ride into town.

3) I hate black wheels.

Scott,

How much is the x pricing ordered with the performance package, less spare, in orange? I think I'll give the dealer a chance to match it - if not I'll join the club for the x pricing. Any other issues with the performance package? Is ride quality as good? Thanks again. Newbie mustang apprentice here. Only other mustang owned was a 1970 302 automatic and that was a fun car!

puma1552 5/27/14 08:50 PM

Attachment 159340

from 50 feet they do. one of the ugliest factory v8 stang wheels imo. id take tribars over those

Mustang Freak 5/27/14 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by puma1552 (Post 6808162)
from 50 feet they do. one of the ugliest factory v8 stang wheels imo. id take tribars over those

Really?!? :screwy: We will just agree to disagree then not a big deal! :-)
Attachment 159378

MyStang2010GB 5/28/14 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by puma1552 (Post 6808162)

One of the best factory black wheels.....and ONLY because of the machined lip.

MRGTX 5/28/14 06:16 AM

So you guys in "colder" climates...are you really preparing to take delivery of your 2015s in September/October, only to have winter come along right after?

Why not wait until spring?

laserred38 5/28/14 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6808247)
One of the best factory black wheels.....and ONLY because of the machined lip.

I honestly wish they were silver or gray with machined lip lol

ScottsGT 5/28/14 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by captainmark (Post 6807927)
Scott,

How much is the x pricing ordered with the performance package, less spare, in orange? I think I'll give the dealer a chance to match it - if not I'll join the club for the x pricing. Any other issues with the performance package? Is ride quality as good? Thanks again. Newbie mustang apprentice here. Only other mustang owned was a 1970 302 automatic and that was a fun car!

Not really sure since I had my package made up and priced out at MSRP before I went there. I didn't try to add as much as I could to max out my payment I could afford.
Also, I don't think anyone can answer your ride quality question on a car that is not being produced yet. Any answer you get now will be speculation. Pricing guidelines are everywhere on the web, just look around.
As far as joining the MCA for a PIN number, you are supposed to be a member for at least 60 days before you can use the PIN. I was at something like day 45 or 50 when I got my PIN. It's up to the dealership to look at your MCA member card to verify the 60 days. I was not asked, and even if I was, it will be well beyond 60 days when it finally arrives and all the final pricing is settled. When you order you get the X plan price, but it there are any Ford incentives that qualify, they will add them on at the time of financing.

SONICBOOST 5/28/14 10:42 AM

If the demand for the mustang is high and since it's going global, I wonder how Ford will keep up with the demand?

pminri 5/28/14 06:28 PM

I have access to x-plan pricing through their X-plan website and would be happy to help anyone who can't access it but I checked and there is nothing for the 2015 on the site yet.

Plim 5/29/14 10:34 PM

I work for a supplier and have X-plan. All fords I have bought, started of with X-plan pricing. And only one car was actually purchased on the actual xplan price. All others ended up being lower. The xplan car I bought, the only thing I needed to provide was the PIN. They never checked my employment, or asked me for a membership or anything.
I could have just gone in there with a pin I received from a friend.

pminri 5/30/14 05:06 AM

I think that may be dealer dependent. My dealer did check. I actually logged on his computer to my companies website to get the pin at time of signing papers.

Garbone 6/1/14 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Shelby Mama (Post 6807683)
I'm also in the "I hate black rims club." Give me some chrome any day!

My salesman...yes the 2015 is ordered...listened to me "hate" on black rims, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I gotta guy..."

Anyway, mine will be powdered coated after I see it, but before I pick it up.
I am thinking anthracite, or a bright metallic silver...Hmmm

MyStang2010GB 6/2/14 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 6808260)
So you guys in "colder" climates...are you really preparing to take delivery of your 2015s in September/October, only to have winter come along right after?

Why not wait until spring?

Because Mustang!!!

Mustang Freak 6/4/14 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB (Post 6810538)
Because Mustang!!!

Correct!!! :nice:

89Trooper 8/9/14 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by 88lx50 (Post 6807729)
I would never buy a Mustang with an automatic transmission.

If you had a bad back you would. I am only 42 and in the past I have had unbearable pain shooting down my left sciatic nerve due to a bulging disk. After two back surgeries it has not returned (knock on wood). As much as I would love to have a manual, the last thing I want to do is aggravate it by having to push that clutch pedal.

I pulled the trigger, too:

Ingot Silver GT Premium
401A Equipment Group
50 Years Apperance Package
Enhanced Security Package
Automatic w/3.55 gears
Spare Wheel and Tire
Adaptive Cruise Control
Voice-Activated NAV

Just over $40K with the X-Plan.

The paddle-shifters make the automatic ok. :)

ScottsGT 8/9/14 07:47 AM

2 back surgeries? Ouch! I went through a double laminectomy 15 years ago. Had severe sciatica pains down my leg too. Weekend before the surgery I was shooting a friends wedding and eating two 7.5 Lortabs and chasing them with Scotch. Two weeks after, put the Lortab down and never looked back. Until I used bad body mechanics a year later and had a vertebrae find itself in the wrong position....
But now I have a bad left knee I keep hyper extending while working around the house. I'm not letting that stop me! I found out working a light hydraulic clutch pedal is actually therapeutic for me!