Notices
2015 - 2020 Discuss the Current Generation

My 2017 is leaking!

Old 12/22/17, 10:50 PM
  #21  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford is winning at failing

The good thing, my bank is giving me ANOTHER loan to payoff my current loan. I'll have to trade my '17 in, and start over...Im not the go backwards type girl; if i leave as it stands, I'll never buy Ford again.
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 12/27/17, 08:18 AM
  #22  
Cobra R Member
 
Bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 25, 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,814
Received 115 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by 1brownhotty View Post
The good thing, my bank is giving me ANOTHER loan to payoff my current loan. I'll have to trade my '17 in, and start over...Im not the go backwards type girl; if i leave as it stands, I'll never buy Ford again.
Wait, are you saying that you are going to trade in the car because of this issue? That seems like a very expensive solution to a fairly minor problem.

It sounds to me like it is condensation, not really a "leak" but in need of some kind of drainage so it doesn't end up on your feet.
Bert is offline  
Old 12/27/17, 05:58 PM
  #23  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,474
Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
dump the zero
getta hero
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/28/17, 07:37 AM
  #24  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,347
Received 294 Likes on 264 Posts
I feel like Ive been lucky with my '13, but I had a good friend who sold every Ford product he owned because of sorry service at the dealership. He is a mechanic, but he got tired of fixing warranty items himself.
SpectreH is offline  
Old 12/30/17, 11:50 PM
  #25  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bert

I do NOT want to trade my car, BUT for the life if me, I cant imagine Im paying this much for a car and cant run AC with windiws down.
To you guys out there, if this were your wifes car, (NOT the EX-wife &#128521 how would you feel about this??
AND yes, trading my Mustang for the Camaro isn't such a bad idea. I know that's like the ultimate betrayal...😐
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Wait, are you saying that you are going to trade in the car because of this issue? That seems like a very expensive solution to a fairly minor problem.

It sounds to me like it is condensation, not really a "leak" but in need of some kind of drainage so it doesn't end up on your feet.
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 12/30/17, 11:54 PM
  #26  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im losing

Gravydog,
Right now Ford is the zero and Chevrolet just might be my hero....we shall see.

Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
dump the zero
getta hero
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 12/30/17, 11:59 PM
  #27  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3rd time charm

This is my 3rd brand new Ford with the same dealership. I have not had any problems with Windows down while AC was running. I guess your friend believed like Im starting to believe (F)ixed (O)r (R)paired (D)aily. ESPECIALLY since he had to fix them or had to sell.

Originally Posted by SpectreH View Post
I feel like Ive been lucky with my '13, but I had a good friend who sold every Ford product he owned because of sorry service at the dealership. He is a mechanic, but he got tired of fixing warranty items himself.
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 12/31/17, 12:02 AM
  #28  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Helpful

LOL...yeah i thought the same thing...
Originally Posted by JeffreyDJ View Post
That was incredibly "helpful."
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 12/31/17, 12:04 AM
  #29  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,474
Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by 1brownhotty
This is my 3rd brand new Ford with the same dealership. I have not had any problems with Windows down while AC was running. I guess your friend believed like Im starting to believe (F)ixed (O)r (R)paired (D)aily. ESPECIALLY since he had to fix them or had to sell.
Not every vehicle is going to be perfect,
I haven't had 1 issue with my 2006.
Even the paint still has the like-new mirror finish...
but seeing cars new than mine with a bunch of problems just grinds my gears!
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 6/27/18, 04:41 PM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: June 27, 2018
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 California Special in Dallas, same issue.
kballard72 is offline  
Old 6/27/18, 07:57 PM
  #31  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cali Special

QUOTE=kballard72;7031703]2017 California Special in Dallas, same issue.[/QUOTE]
Do you have the convertible??? I looked at the CS and it's beautiful! Have you taken it in? And what have they said? Im still dealing with my ppl. (Sames Ford Bastrop, Tx)
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 6/27/18, 07:59 PM
  #32  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
Not every vehicle is going to be perfect,
I haven't had 1 issue with my 2006.
Even the paint still has the like-new mirror finish...
but seeing cars new than mine with a bunch of problems just grinds my gears!
you are correct, not all new cars are perfect, BUT you would expect some type of solution.
I haven't received one.
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 6/27/18, 10:02 PM
  #33  
Member
 
Join Date: June 27, 2018
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's in the shop today

Mine is a vert. I think I am going to call it condensation because they are talking about taking the dash out tomorroe.. I'd rather not run AC with windows or Top down than a bunch of rattles introduced..
kballard72 is offline  
Old 6/27/18, 11:03 PM
  #34  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suggestions anyone?

Months ago....ABOUT 9 now, they told me they took off the dash...2 months ago i was told, they DID NOT remove my dash, AFTER keeping it 2 days. (Even got me a rental)....
"condensation leak is normal" ...NOT on the INSIDE!!!! ...Im kicking my own *** ever since getting this car...
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 6/28/18, 02:53 AM
  #35  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,474
Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
Not every vehicle is going to be perfect,
I haven't had 1 issue with my 2006.
Even the paint still has the like-new mirror finish...
but seeing cars new than mine with a bunch of problems just grinds my gears!
^ i was gonna agree & say this too, but this is my old post lol
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 6/28/18, 08:12 AM
  #36  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
^ i was gonna agree & say this too, but this is my old post lol
lol...its ok. ..im not holding my breath for That perfect car
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 6/28/18, 11:08 AM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: June 27, 2018
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealership found the issue

Heater box defect, it's not draining correctly and is basically filling up with condensation.

Autonation Ford in Frisco if you want to direct your techs to cross collaborate and talk to the techs up here that researched my car thoroughly.
kballard72 is offline  
Old 6/28/18, 11:20 AM
  #38  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,474
Received 314 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by 1brownhotty
lol...its ok. ..im not holding my breath for That perfect car
They are all the same,
they change things instead of improving what they already have
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 7/18/18, 04:07 PM
  #39  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: October 17, 2017
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kballard72 View Post
Heater box defect, it's not draining correctly and is basically filling up with condensation.

Autonation Ford in Frisco if you want to direct your techs to cross collaborate and talk to the techs up here that researched my car thoroughly.
found the issue??? Get out!!
1brownhotty is offline  
Old 7/18/18, 04:31 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: June 27, 2018
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep

Evap/heater box was not draining correctly, they replaced it, no issue since.
kballard72 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.