Repair & Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

My 2017 is leaking!

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/17, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2017 is leaking!

So i havent even made first car note yet, and ive noticed a leak on my 2017.
On more than one occasion, several in fact, water has leaked on my right foot, from above.. NOW in my cars defense, my air was on and my windows down.
When i took honey (my cars name) back to the dealer (for the 3rd time) they cant find anything wrong. The 4th trip, they said condensation was building and causing a "sweat" and i shouldn't drive with windows down and air on......What the....?
THIS IS NOT NORMAL. HELP.

Brnhotty
Old 10/17/17, 01:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I drive my '13 convertible with the top and windows down and the air on almost all the time. I've never had a condensation problem drip on my foot or floor.
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (10/19/17)
Old 10/17/17, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I drive my '13 convertible with the top and windows down and the air on almost all the time. I've never had a condensation problem drip on my foot or floor.
I am a girl, and some things i dont know. I do know what abnormal is.....any advice as to what I should do?? Thank you soooo much for replying!
Old 10/17/17, 04:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
I'm a guy and I don't know everything either. My first guess would be a restriction in the drain line in the evaporator that drains under the car.
Old 10/17/17, 06:58 PM

At a loss

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I'm a guy and I don't know everything either. My first guess would be a restriction in the drain line in the evaporator that drains under the car.
I know, i have to write a letter to someone now...I have to do my homework and find to who. I get the feeling this isnt going to go so well.....
Old 10/18/17, 02:12 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Just make sure that ANY problem/concern you have about your new car is noted in writing by your dealership. This car is under a factory warranty and should be covered in full. Best of luck to you and shame on the dealership. If they don’t stand behind you go to another certified dealership and never do business with them again. Also mention that your large family and circle of friends (even if you don’t the dealership doesn’t know any better) will no longer be bringing them their business this might bring a resolve. Best of luck to you!
Old 10/18/17, 04:39 AM

Mustang

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Just make sure that ANY problem/concern you have about your new car is noted in writing by your dealership. This car is under a factory warranty and should be covered in full. Best of luck to you and shame on the dealership. If they don €™t stand behind you go to another certified dealership and never do business with them again. Also mention that your large family and circle of friends (even if you don €™t the dealership doesn €™t know any better) will no longer be bringing them their business this might bring a resolve. Best of luck to you!
Mustang Freak thank you so much! I just cant believe they dismissed me like nothing is wrong. AND they were able to reproduce that same water drip. BUT nothing is wrong.

No longer a Sames Ford Bastrop Tx. fan!
Old 10/19/17, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I agree that you should consider another dealership if one is close. Many dealers have the propensity to say nothing is wrong. But, water coming from under the dash tells me something is wrong. Good luck, and don't give up. They are hoping you will.

And, welcome to the forum.
Old 10/19/17, 08:48 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Depending on when your Mustang was manufactured, 2015+ have an AC evaporator that sometimes leaks slowly and eventually your AC may blow warm air. May not be this issue, but certainly worth having a different dealer investigate.
Old 10/30/17, 07:59 PM

Investigation

Im taking it Thursday....the sucky part, is its now 2 months old, and ive been reporting the leak since day 1.(starting the first week i had it) Thank you for the advice.
Old 10/30/17, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
keep us updated please
I will for sure. They did tell me they wld drive another 2017 to try and duplicate the issue...qe shall see LOL
Old 10/30/17, 08:05 PM

Not giving up

Originally Posted by wanted33
I agree that you should consider another dealership if one is close. Many dealers have the propensity to say nothing is wrong. But, water coming from under the dash tells me something is wrong. Good luck, and don't give up. They are hoping you will.

And, welcome to the forum.

i did tell them if they dont call me, i will be calling them. Its just crappy, i spend this kind of money..and my car isnt up to standard...but there's nothing wrong...
Old 10/30/17, 08:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I just saw your thread. First question, where do you live? Is it really humid? Next question, are you sure the AC is NOT in recirc. This will not allow fresh air into the system, it keeps recirculating the inside air.

I have had condensation form on vent outlets in high humidity areas with the air being recirculated.

You may also have a friend ride with you, and when the water begins to drip, pull over and have him/her try and see where it is coming from, take a photo if you can. It never hurts to have a second set of eyes on the problem.
Old 11/30/17, 10:33 AM

Im in texas...and it does get humid! Lol....and they still haven't found the leak....im just so disappointed.
thought maybe it was the drip pan or something missing....
Old 12/7/17, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had this issue in multiple cars. If the outside air is humid, and you're driving with the windows/top down and the AC on, you will cause condensation on the AC ducts. I have an '87 Camaro and I've had the center vents condense. I drive with the windows down, but that car isn't driven enough to keep the freon cycled, so I will sometimes run the AC with the windows down. Condensation will build up at all vents.

It's normal!

Just read this article and it'll make sense.
http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/...or-air-quality

Last edited by scottmoyer; 12/7/17 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12/7/17, 07:25 PM

Nooooo Scott

Ive had several cars, and ive always lived in Texas. Driving with my Windows down and my air on is nothing new. This leak is.
The dealership is still checking and calling the hotline to see what if anything they have found.
Also, they did drive a same yr and also found a similar issue.....Im hoping for better news!
Old 12/7/17, 08:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
One last suggestion. Have they checked the cabin filter housing? Possibly taking water/moisture in from the outside, not sealed at the factory, puddling, and dripping into the car. Just a thought. Good luck. I hope you get this sorted out.
Old 12/13/17, 02:34 PM

MY RESPONSE FROM FORD GM

Hi Ms........

Recently you left a message , and I tried to call and left a message on your voice mail.

I researched your issue, and reviewed your file with Ford.

Ford's current design is to use the AC in a window up position. ( See below )

If you would like to bring your car in and leave it with us we would be happy to review the vehicle and make

sure it is currently operating as it was designed.

You have been a valued customer, and we will do everything we can to see that there is no warranty repairs needed.

Contact Date: Dec 04 2017 11:57:50
Old 12/21/17, 11:05 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That was incredibly "helpful."
Old 12/22/17, 10:50 PM

Ford is winning at failing

The good thing, my bank is giving me ANOTHER loan to payoff my current loan. I'll have to trade my '17 in, and start over...Im not the go backwards type girl; if i leave as it stands, I'll never buy Ford again.