The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Mustang speedometer MPH vs KM/h (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/mustang-speedometer-mph-vs-km-h-541909/)

ajax30 6/27/16 06:30 AM

Mustang speedometer MPH vs KM/h

Hey all, first post here. I am actually living in the UAE and have a question about the speedometer..

I am looking at getting my first mustang (GT Premium) here but our spec is slightly different to the US spec. There are however a lot of US spec cars available here but most have accident history.

I went to look at a dealer that imports cars into the UAE via another country and resells them, all brand new with the middle east spec (called GCC spec). I noticed that some of his cars though had the speedometer displaying MPH instead of KM/H, which is what is used here.

Is the speedometer display on the main dial customisable to show km/h instead of mph or is that fixed? I have seen a US spec car here with km/h displayed in it so I am guessing it is a setting that can be changed? if it cant be changed it might force me to look at another dealer who is way more expensive..

Thanks for your replies in advance!

Glenn 6/27/16 07:04 AM

Welcome to TMS

1 Alibi 2 6/29/16 09:31 AM

Welcome to the site.
Going to guess that if the speedo is digital, it should be user changeable.
( the odometer in my GF's 2011 Edge can be changed from MI to KM )
I would contact Ford or do the .6 conversion in your head.
I drove a US spec car in Spain for 3 years and had no issues.

dgc333 6/29/16 05:43 PM

US spec cars have an analog speedometer the main numbers around the dial are mph. The equivalent km/hr values are displayed closer to the center of the dial in a smaller font size and less prominent color, you can read both at the same time.

dwcisme 2/12/17 10:31 AM

KM's

This might be too late for you, but might help other people. If you need a metric speedometer, Canadian spec cars have the primary speed in KM's. Now that the Mustang is available in Europe, those cars should all have metric guage displays too.

SD CALSPCL 2/17/17 08:17 PM

For those that have a need, here is link to a HUD. It plugs into OBD II socket, so you get direct readings, and it will allow changes to KPH, as well as Celcius for the other readings. I installed one, and found it worked well, as described. Very easy install. Plug and play. It has a remote that allows you to change the readings on the fly. I left it in MPH and RPMs'. I ended up returning it as I found it very bright at night and in a rural state with no other lighting, it is a distraction. Here is link in case anyone is interested:

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/87916?promo=search

sampthomas1982 9/8/19 05:39 PM

I just bought a 2019 GT premium and it does display both metric and standard in the middle with metric being primary on top and larger.. The analog numbers ( in a circle are all metric and no standard speeds are displayed. I cannot find any setting to change from metric to standard. ( only to remove standard from the split in the center of the circle. ( Am I missing something stupid here? ) Can the dealer flash new software as these are all digital? ( I tried calling several dealers and none could answer me as they were all " busy". Any help this group give me would ne awesome!

Thanks!

Harborcars 12/26/19 01:58 PM

Km to MPH ?

Wondering if you ever got an answer to your question about changing speedo from Metric to Standard? Looking to purchase a 2018 Premium GT Convertible from Canada, but would need to get the main readings on the speedo to show MPH, not Km. Hard to believe that's not a basic changeover, but can't figure out how to do it. ??

Thanks.

Originally Posted by sampthomas1982 (Post 7044075)
I just bought a 2019 GT premium and it does display both metric and standard in the middle with metric being primary on top and larger.. The analog numbers ( in a circle are all metric and no standard speeds are displayed. I cannot find any setting to change from metric to standard. ( only to remove standard from the split in the center of the circle. ( Am I missing something stupid here? ) Can the dealer flash new software as these are all digital? ( I tried calling several dealers and none could answer me as they were all " busy". Any help this group give me would ne awesome!

Thanks!