The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Front Splash Guards (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/front-splash-guards-534407/)

05SatinGT 12/10/14 04:56 PM

Front Splash Guards

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys -

After about a year my '05 Stang was beginning to show a bit of Sandblasting on the front facing surface of the rear wheel arch. So I added splash guards and it stopped the issue.
Fast forward to my 2015 and as I was driving I could hear the road debris hitting the side of the car. The wheel arches on the 2015 are more pronounced and the soft compound on the PP tires pick up everything so this time I wasn't going to wait for the nicks to start to show.
Ford doesn't make a splash guard for the 2015 yet so I ordered a set off Ebay for the previous gen and retrofit them. They mount the same using the existing holes for the fasteners for the inner fender liner. The holes didn't line up so I just drilled new holes in the splash guards to fit. Also had to buy longer fasteners at the auto store. Here are the pics.

laserred38 12/10/14 05:32 PM

Nice job! Looks just fine!

stam616 12/10/14 07:06 PM

Very nice!

SD CALSPCL 12/10/14 08:09 PM

Looks good. I was thinking the same thing. Jaeger Brothers has a universal splash guard that may fit. It doesn't require any drilling or removal of parts. It slips over the fender lip. I used these on my 2011 and they fit well. I am going to order a set and see what happens.

I also noticed we do not have a fender lip on the rear, so fitting anything to them may not be an option. For people who live in Detroit, with it's crappy weather and lousy streets, I wonder what designers are thinking sometimes.

stam616 12/10/14 08:23 PM

IMO you need splash guards, because I notice cars without them always have that stripe of it going em the wheel well up the side of the door and moe crap behind the rear wheels

05SatinGT 12/10/14 08:42 PM

Yes, the rear bumper has seemingly no way to mount anything. I had molded splash guards from Ford on my '05 -- I hope they come out with something for the 2015.

laserred38 12/10/14 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL (Post 6877178)
Looks good. I was thinking the same thing. Jaeger Brothers has a universal splash guard that may fit. It doesn't require any drilling or removal of parts. It slips over the fender lip. I used these on my 2011 and they fit well. I am going to order a set and see what happens. I also noticed we do not have a fender lip on the rear, so fitting anything to them may not be an option. For people who live in Detroit, with it's crappy weather and lousy streets, I wonder what designers are thinking sometimes.

I have the Jaeger Bros on my 14 too. Good fit but I wish the finish was a little nicer for a plain cut piece of ABS. Especially for $45...

RIBS 12/12/14 05:58 PM

Park the car till the aftermarket comes through! I have a Ford pair on the back, and aftermarket on the front of my 13'...

m05fastbackGT 12/12/14 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6877210)
I have the Jaeger Bros on my 14 too. Good fit but I wish the finish was a little nicer for a plain cut piece of ABS. Especially for $45...

Hey there Patrick ! I also have the Jaeger Bros on my 06 as well.. I totally agree they fit great and also don't require any drilling.. However just like you said, the finish and overall quality for the price could be a heck of a lot better :)

laserred38 12/12/14 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 6877754)
Hey there Patrick ! I also have the Jaeger Bros on my 06 as well.. I totally agree they fit great and also don't require any drilling.. However just like you said, the finish and overall quality for the price could be a heck of a lot better :)

Yep I have access to unlimited ABS plastic at the shop I used to work at. I could've made these myself for free lol

m05fastbackGT 12/12/14 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6877768)
Yep I have access to unlimited ABS plastic at the shop I used to work at. I could've made these myself for free lol

Heck ! in that case, make a set for me :jester:

laserred38 12/12/14 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 6877777)
Heck ! in that case, make a set for me :jester:

You already have yours haha

m05fastbackGT 12/12/14 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6877778)
You already have yours haha

But they're starting to wear out, as I've had them nearly 10 years now :jester: