The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   Cat delete questions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/cat-delete-questions-545581/)

Theacebase 5/7/18 01:26 PM

Cat delete questions

so i have a 2016 mustang gt s550 and mbrp cat back exhaust with an H pipe and i have questions about the cats.
1. If i delete my cats will i need a tune because i have a sct tuner and it has a kooks 1-7/8 inch option but thats it and im wondering if i use that option would it be like having those headers if i had a cat delete.
2. Will it really smell that bad if i where to delete my cats?
3. Would it sound weird or ugly if i just delete the pasanger cat and would i still need a tune?
4. Could i just take it to a shop and have the cats deleted and the sensors hanging around or something or would i need those because i heard they will make my car run rich without it so im guessing the tune would help and this takes me back to my first question.

SpectreH 5/7/18 01:48 PM

1,4: If you delete the cats, you will need a tune.
2: No cats means the exhuast will smell like any old school muscle car.
3:I can not see why under any circumstances that you would delete the cats on one side only.

Bert 5/7/18 01:52 PM

Be aware that it is against federal law to remove the cats, and this is enforced by the "environmental police" who don't have the same limitations as normal police, LOL

Check your local inspection system first; if you have any kind of emissions inspection, removing the cats will probably cause you all kinds of problems that will make you wish you had not done it.

wanted33 5/12/18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7029504)
Be aware that it is against federal law to remove the cats, and this is enforced by the "environmental police" who don't have the same limitations as normal police, LOL

Check your local inspection system first; if you have any kind of emissions inspection, removing the cats will probably cause you all kinds of problems that will make you wish you had not done it.

Exactly Bert. In North Carolina they wouldn't even inspect the car. Then it's no state license tag for you.

m05fastbackGT 5/15/18 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Theacebase (Post 7029502)
so i have a 2016 mustang gt s550 and mbrp cat back exhaust with an H pipe and i have questions about the cats.
1. If i delete my cats will i need a tune because i have a sct tuner and it has a kooks 1-7/8 inch option but thats it and im wondering if i use that option would it be like having those headers if i had a cat delete.
2. Will it really smell that bad if i where to delete my cats?
3. Would it sound weird or ugly if i just delete the pasanger cat and would i still need a tune?
4. Could i just take it to a shop and have the cats deleted and the sensors hanging around or something or would i need those because i heard they will make my car run rich without it so im guessing the tune would help and this takes me back to my first question.

Also, keep in mind that a shop will NOT remove/delete any emission control device, especially your car's factory cats, as doing so is a violation of federal law and can cost up to 10k in fines!

wanted33 5/19/18 04:39 PM

My guess is he ain't coming back.

2k7gtcs 5/19/18 05:32 PM

Stupid trees

5.M0NSTER 5/19/18 08:51 PM

Yeah, who needs breathable air anyway? #notmychildren :screwy:

wanted33 5/20/18 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER (Post 7029963)
Yeah, who needs breathable air anyway? #notmychildren :screwy:

True Monster, breathing is overrated anyway. Especially if you've stood behind Rocky. :rofl3: :poke:

Love ya brother Rocky, mean it. :hugitout:

m05fastbackGT 5/20/18 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by wanted33 (Post 7029996)
True Monster, breathing is overrated anyway. Especially if you've stood behind Rocky. :rofl3: :poke:

Love ya brother Rocky, mean it. :hugitout:

Hey Jim, look at me. "No cats" cough, cough. So make sure you have a gas mask on whenever you stand behind me :rofl2:

Love ya too, brother :cheers: