The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2023 MUSTANG (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/)
-   -   2015 Photoshop/Rendering Thread (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f806/2015-photoshop-rendering-thread-477400/)

Twin Turbo 10/3/10 11:48 AM

Love it.....keep it coming :)

I hope J Mays is reading this thread.........it's not too late, Sir ;)

Brewman 10/3/10 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by burningman (Post 5956055)

Don't stop now it is looking really good!:jester:

black_bullitt 10/3/10 12:19 PM

I really like where this is going.
What tools/programs are you using to create this type of sketch?

burningman 10/3/10 12:32 PM

thank you

Just photoshop and a Wacom tablet

Moosetang 10/3/10 01:04 PM

Some quibbles aside I'd like to see more:nice:

black_bullitt 10/3/10 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by burningman (Post 5956091)
thank you

Just photoshop and a Wacom tablet

Cool deal... I may need to pick up a Wacom (finally). This is the style of sketching I've been interested in for years it seems... well, this and the airbrushing renderings you see from time to time, like the stuff Chip Foose does. I'm pretty fair with a pencil/pen, but want to expand my skill set.

burningman 10/3/10 05:16 PM

ok heres a quick side view..I have yet to really noodle out the nose so this one is just a stand in for now.

http://www.unstablecombustion.com/mi...side_view1.jpg

Moosetang 10/3/10 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by burningman (Post 5956155)
ok heres a quick side view..I have yet to really noodle out the nose so this one is just a stand in for now.

http://www.unstablecombustion.com/mi...side_view1.jpg

The little kink in the window frame should either be part of the "hip" or just left out, it's a little too busy right now.

stangfoeva 10/3/10 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetang (Post 5956219)
The little kink in the window frame should either be part of the "hip" or just left out, it's a little too busy right now.

agreed

Twin Turbo 10/4/10 12:42 PM

Kink aside.......that's awesome :cool:

Really looking forward to this one, Doug :banana:

Brewman 10/5/10 04:09 AM

Well you can't look at that and not think MUSTANG!:jester:

That means the ANTI RETRO Movement is SCREAMING:doh:

I don't know how you can design anything that has a true DNA to it with out having aspects that could be considered retro by someone.

I think this looks great and it is all MUSTANG. Keep it up.

Brewman 10/5/10 04:11 AM

By the way! the Proportions are perfect.

Automagically 10/5/10 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Brewman (Post 5956793)
Well you can't look at that and not think MUSTANG!:jester:

That means the ANTI RETRO Movement is SCREAMING:doh:

I don't know how you can design anything that has a true DNA to it with out having aspects that could be considered retro by someone.

I think this looks great and it is all MUSTANG. Keep it up.

I don't think the Mustang has to loose the retro but it is time to move it forward. I think introducing a fastback design will hit the spot for being able to blend old with new but more new than old. If they keep using the success of these current models, I don't think they can go wrong in my eyes.
I guess it depends on how you look at things. As the Fox bodies were not really an homage to anything moving on into the later SN95's that still tried to blend a new platform with the old cues of the Mustang. Not really retro but not going away from heritage cues.
I think Ford did the right thing building the S197, it was the right time and the right mindset. Let's hope they keep the car as unique as it has always been.
I know many are worried about going toward the Genesis/370 but I don't think it's a bad thing when done right. I would assume that Ford would not do the crazy tear drop shapes with hard edged lines. I also think that the 370 is a great representation of the heritage of the Z while stepping into the future. I foresee this turning out well.

Twin Turbo 10/5/10 12:00 PM

Has this car's time come? When it was launched I think it was just a little too modern for some. It pushed the retro theme forwards to almost a modern looking car. I still think some features grate (the rear lights wrapping over the trunk lid, the Lambo-doors, the lack of a shark nose). BUT, just taking the overall silhouette.......I think it's acceptable for a next-gen Mustang.

http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/u...giugiaro-1.jpg

Moosetang 10/5/10 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 5956992)
Has this car's time come? When it was launched I think it was just a little too modern for some. It pushed the retro theme forwards to almost a modern looking car. I still think some features grate (the rear lights wrapping over the trunk lid, the Lambo-doors, the lack of a shark nose). BUT, just taking the overall silhouette.......I think it's acceptable for a next-gen Mustang.

Always was a fan of that concept. If they go in that direction while avoiding the pitfalls, I'd be on board.

Twin Turbo 10/5/10 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetang (Post 5957004)
Always was a fan of that concept. If they go in that direction while avoiding the pitfalls, I'd be on board.

Squint, and Doug's rendering, above, isn't a million miles away :)

Brewman 10/5/10 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Automagically (Post 5956927)
I don't think the Mustang has to loose the retro but it is time to move it forward. I think introducing a fastback design will hit the spot for being able to blend old with new but more new than old. If they keep using the success of these current models, I don't think they can go wrong in my eyes.
I guess it depends on how you look at things. As the Fox bodies were not really an homage to anything moving on into the later SN95's that still tried to blend a new platform with the old cues of the Mustang. Not really retro but not going away from heritage cues.
I think Ford did the right thing building the S197, it was the right time and the right mindset. Let's hope they keep the car as unique as it has always been.
I know many are worried about going toward the Genesis/370 but I don't think it's a bad thing when done right. I would assume that Ford would not do the crazy tear drop shapes with hard edged lines. I also think that the 370 is a great representation of the heritage of the Z while stepping into the future. I foresee this turning out well.

I think you just agreed with me. All I was saying was that if you are true to the Heritage of the anything and carry classic/historic styling cue into the design then in some manner it can't help but be retro. However I have seen more than once in these threads someone yelling NO MORE RETRO.

so what do they what?????? a Probe? Another Fox body???? a 2 door fusion with Mustang stamped on it? :doh:
Maybe What needs to happen is we need to throw out the Term RETRO.

Brewman 10/5/10 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 5956992)

Go back a page I was making the same point.

stangfoeva 10/5/10 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetang (Post 5957004)

This.

Pitfalls IMO being:
tail lights
lower part of the front fascia
interior (obviously lol)

Brewman 10/5/10 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5957108)
This.

Pitfalls IMO being:
tail lights
lower part of the front fascia
interior (obviously lol)

You mean you didn't like the horse hair seats and the Piston rod shifter?? Come ON!