2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang pricing questions?

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/13, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cbf102770
I know you're not close but exactly where are you located?
Hey Chris, I'm about an hour northwest of Philadelphia. Its not too long of a drive. A forum member came from North Carolina to get his 2011 5.0 from me back in 2011 He loved the drive home. Let me know.
Old 2/27/13, 06:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Might be giving you a visit for a '15 Jeff. Do you guys have a sales tax for exportation ! Can you sell cars to Canadians !

Paul from VanBortel in N-Y can no longer sell us cars, due to some weird Ford allocation policies.
Hey bud, good questions. I did sell two Mustangs to different guys over in Europe (Germany and Switzerland). There was NO tax for them in this state, since they weren't registering it here. They just wired me the money for the car and the doc fee I charge to pay for the fedex'ing of the MSO and buyers order I mailed to them to get signed. If you were to trailer it home, I would say it may be the same way (a cargo company came and picked it up on a rollback and took it to the docks). If you were to drive it home, then I would need insurance and other things. I'll have to do some research.

I wonder why Paul can't sell out of country anymore?
Old 2/27/13, 02:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, good questions. I did sell two Mustangs to different guys over in Europe (Germany and Switzerland). There was NO tax for them in this state, since they weren't registering it here. They just wired me the money for the car and the doc fee I charge to pay for the fedex'ing of the MSO and buyers order I mailed to them to get signed. If you were to trailer it home, I would say it may be the same way (a cargo company came and picked it up on a rollback and took it to the docks). If you were to drive it home, then I would need insurance and other things. I'll have to do some research.

Jeff, what i did last time is i drove to Van Bortel Ford, dropped the rental car off at the airport, got the Mustang and drove off with it.

Everything went smooth sailing, no glitches whatsoever.

How far would you be from Pocono ! I'm asking cuz i use to go to the NASCAR race in Pocono every year.

Here is the answer i got from him last time we spoke.

Dan,

Good to hear from you. Unfortunately, as of late, Ford has strongly urged US dealers not to sell across the border. They can’t forbid us from doing it but we have decided because of the small amount of business we do in Canada versus the down side of lost allocation or other “punishment” that we may incur that we are no longer going to sell to Canadians.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Paul

Old 2/27/13, 04:48 PM
V6 Member

Hey Chris, I'm about an hour northwest of Philadelphia. Its not too long of a drive. A forum member came from North Carolina to get his 2011 5.0 from me back in 2011 He loved the drive home. Let me know.
Yeah thats not far at all considering I grew up in southern WV, and have made that drive more than I care to think about. Just a quick blast up 95 lol!. Ill have to check what the $$ hit would be on buying there and paying the taxes here. I know some states make you pay sales tax there then have to turn around and pay another sales tax here when registering. SC has some crazy regulations on Ad Valorem tax. For the longest time they even enforced it in neighboring cities that cross state lines. But if there is a way to get around paying a double sales tax I just might be down for a trip to Philly.
Old 2/27/13, 05:08 PM
V6 Member

My other issue is trying to hold off long enough to see the 15 before I snag a 14 Base GT with recaros and track pack lol...that ruby red is tempting me to jump.
Old 2/27/13, 06:33 PM
GT Member

I hope they just inflate the cost of the first Mustang times ten. The price of the first Mustang started at $2,368...so why not make the price of the new 2015 start at $23,680? The MSRP of the 2014 starts at $22,200, so if they do decide to do so it would only be a price increase of $1,480. Just my 2 cents...
Old 2/27/13, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

+1!!
Old 2/27/13, 10:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeff, Brian here. We, too, no longer sell new vehicles to Canadians anymore and we're just 110 miles to the border. Our zone & region informed us that selling over the border doesn't go toward turn & earn (sales snapshot) so selling to a Canadian means that sales loses you future allocation to replace that unit. Not a horrible deal on a mainstream item, but on a specialty vehicle or something with tight allocation, that is brutal. We were almost shut down from receiving ANY future SVT Raptors recently because a broker (posing as a local US business owner buying for himself) bought a pair of Raptors from us (vowing to license here in WA state), then instead he promptly sent them to Canada where they were titled Canadian instead of US. We didn't see it coming and it nearly cost us receiving any more. Ford is really cracking down on selling over the border, so beware!!!
Old 2/28/13, 03:00 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Jeff, Brian here. We, too, no longer sell new vehicles to Canadians anymore and we're just 110 miles to the border. Our zone & region informed us that selling over the border doesn't go toward turn & earn (sales snapshot) so selling to a Canadian means that sales loses you future allocation to replace that unit. Not a horrible deal on a mainstream item, but on a specialty vehicle or something with tight allocation, that is brutal. We were almost shut down from receiving ANY future SVT Raptors recently because a broker (posing as a local US business owner buying for himself) bought a pair of Raptors from us (vowing to license here in WA state), then instead he promptly sent them to Canada where they were titled Canadian instead of US. We didn't see it coming and it nearly cost us receiving any more. Ford is really cracking down on selling over the border, so beware!!!
Would this have the same effect if you were selling a car under Retail Order Verifcation? I presume in that instance you wouldn't be using an existing allocation, thus at least preserving the previous year's sales figures.

Last edited by PTRocks; 2/28/13 at 03:02 AM.
Old 2/28/13, 12:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Jeff, what i did last time is i drove to Van Bortel Ford, dropped the rental car off at the airport, got the Mustang and drove off with it.

Everything went smooth sailing, no glitches whatsoever.

How far would you be from Pocono ! I'm asking cuz i use to go to the NASCAR race in Pocono every year.

Here is the answer i got from him last time we spoke.

Dan,

Good to hear from you. Unfortunately, as of late, Ford has strongly urged US dealers not to sell across the border. They can’t forbid us from doing it but we have decided because of the small amount of business we do in Canada versus the down side of lost allocation or other “punishment” that we may incur that we are no longer going to sell to Canadians.

Sorry I couldn’t help.

Paul

Hey Dan, that is very interesting. I'll have to ask my Ford Zone Rep next time she stops in for monthly wholesale. If she doesn't have a problem with it, then we're golden.

About my distance? I'm about 2.5 hours south of Pocono. Just down the PA Turnpike
Old 2/28/13, 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by cbf102770
Yeah thats not far at all considering I grew up in southern WV, and have made that drive more than I care to think about. Just a quick blast up 95 lol!. Ill have to check what the $$ hit would be on buying there and paying the taxes here. I know some states make you pay sales tax there then have to turn around and pay another sales tax here when registering. SC has some crazy regulations on Ad Valorem tax. For the longest time they even enforced it in neighboring cities that cross state lines. But if there is a way to get around paying a double sales tax I just might be down for a trip to Philly.
Hey bud, there is no issues with double tax. You leave here paying ONLY your state sales tax. I can collect sales tax for any state in the country and do the tags as well. You leave my store with a transit tag on the car and in a few weeks later you get your new tags overnighted to you to put on the car. There is a extra charge for us to do the tags (its a company in NY that usually charges $125) but for that small amount, you have ZERO hassles with your state DMV and won't have to go to a fasttag place to pay tax. Its easy (and that's the name of the company who does it for us). Come on up buddy!!
Old 2/28/13, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very interesting Brian. Since we're not close to any Canadian border, we don't get any info about it. I know the 2 cars I sent to Europe I did using Retail Order Verification and it didn't hurt us. And no one from Ford called me to "slap my hand" for doing it. I'll keep doing it if someone calls, but will keep an eye open for things from Ford. Thanks buddy
Old 2/28/13, 12:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Would this have the same effect if you were selling a car under Retail Order Verifcation? I presume in that instance you wouldn't be using an existing allocation, thus at least preserving the previous year's sales figures.
Hey Chris, see my above post. I sold 2 GTs in 2011 and 2012. The 1st was Retail Order Verification and didn't cost me any allocation. The 2nd one was the next year and I used a regular allocation. None of the reps made a big deal about it. Probably since they were sold overseas vs over the border. If you want a car, just hit me up when the time is good for you. I'm not far from the NY or Baltimore docks and I'm sure we can get something done.
Old 2/28/13, 04:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Dan, that is very interesting. I'll have to ask my Ford Zone Rep next time she stops in for monthly wholesale. If she doesn't have a problem with it, then we're golden.

About my distance? I'm about 2.5 hours south of Pocono. Just down the PA Turnpike
Thx for the reply Jeff, keep me in the loop.
Old 3/2/13, 06:01 PM
V6 Member

Jeff G. (05fordgt)

2 follow up questions.

1. Would a membership in American Quarter Horse Association stack the $500 rebate with the X-plan pricing of Mustang Club? Or with X-plan pricing are NO further incentives allowed?

2. Also by accepting X-plan pricing would you be able to take special financing from Ford Credit as well? Do they "stack"? In other words if you accepted X-plan pricing and Ford was offering a 0.9% financing for 60 months, would you be able to choose both or again does X-plan pricing negate this?

Again thanks for all the information and tips. I wish more straight dealers/salespeople were out there like you. Much appreciated.
Old 3/3/13, 09:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Jeff,

I always knew you sold cars but never knew you were this close, kinda. I'm on Long Island. Maybe we can set something up if I like the 2015. I currently have a 12 with real low mileage. Is it worth it to buy out of state since there's that extta tag fee since i'm ordering one, probably at X-plan. Unless there's better..

-Anthony
Old 3/4/13, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Free Agent
Jeff G. (05fordgt)

2 follow up questions.

1. Would a membership in American Quarter Horse Association stack the $500 rebate with the X-plan pricing of Mustang Club? Or with X-plan pricing are NO further incentives allowed?

2. Also by accepting X-plan pricing would you be able to take special financing from Ford Credit as well? Do they "stack"? In other words if you accepted X-plan pricing and Ford was offering a 0.9% financing for 60 months, would you be able to choose both or again does X-plan pricing negate this?

Again thanks for all the information and tips. I wish more straight dealers/salespeople were out there like you. Much appreciated.
Yes, the X-plan can be stacked with any currently available rebate or financing program.
Old 3/4/13, 11:55 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
We didn't see it coming and it nearly cost us receiving any more. Ford is really cracking down on selling over the border, so beware!!!
Funny how the shoe is on the other foot this time.

Back when the Thunderbird came back, I remember dealers and people coming to border cities here and buying them up and bringing them down to the states.

Ford did the same thing back then. If it was found down there, it would count against their allocation for the year after. Since they only got a handful or less of them...basically they wouldn't get any the year after.

If the price wasn't a bajillion dollars higher, maybe people wouldn't cross border shop!
Starting price of a GT500 here is $61,700 + 13% sales tax! (basically 70k)
without ANY options. Yeah...not hard to figure out where to go.
Old 3/4/13, 03:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

interesting read :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...-shopping.html

Last edited by montreal ponies; 3/4/13 at 03:35 PM.
Old 3/5/13, 10:03 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd also really like to see the INVOICE cost of both sides. Compare those too.

It's getting really old because the prices of the vehicles constantly go up, yet the exchange rate has stayed low for years now. Their excuse at the time was 'its so fluid we can't keep changing the prices as the exchange rate goes up/down'.
It would really suck too if you bought an expensive vehicle for $xx,xxx.xx and that price skyrockets because of the exchange rate.

But bet your **** if the exchange rate changed in the opposite direction, they'd change their tune to justify the cost of the vehicle going up.

It'll only change in 1 direction.
When people stop buying all together, that will be the only way things will change.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang pricing questions?