2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/11, 07:33 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Minicobra
Jinx, nice photoshop work :-) car looks great. Looks like you need to put a seam for the hood to open though, otherwise it's going to be pretty hard to change the oil.

Can't wait to see your rendition on the rear area. So are you using puppet warp and liquify tools to create these cars, or some kind of plug in?
Lots of Photo sampling via google, liquify, warp, airbrush, freehand, and filters. No plug-ins. I use it a lot, but still very amateur. I'm pissed that my select tool won't deselect with a right click anymore. I must of mess it up somehow. That slows me down now. If you know how to fix it, im ears. lol.

Keypoint in making concepts like these, is that I usually use a "skeleton" hi-res car pic. It usually doesnt influence the finally shape too much, but it makes it easier and faster to make a new design by having the viewpoint and proportions close to right. The skeleton car used in this pic was this:

Old 3/11/11, 12:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interesting
Old 3/11/11, 08:27 PM

Very original... I see nothing SN95 about it. It's the Giugiaro Mustang concept with a few things changed.

Old 3/12/11, 11:55 AM
V6 Member

Like I said the headlight shape front fender corner and grille was the only thing sampled and used in the design. It was the things I like most about the Giugiaro.

However I did not like:

-The whole rear
-The corvette roof line
-The back-leaning side windows
-Shallow body lines in the side of the car
-Plus the whole car looks too much like a dream concept, then an real production car.

I used an idea that I thought worked.
But it more than just a Giugiaro hacked. If that was the case, I would take less time.
Old 3/18/11, 09:16 PM
GT Member

Forget it.
Old 3/22/11, 11:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jinx
I used to do lots of Camaro photoshop work on some of the GM sites and was a moderator on one of the 5th gen Camaro sites. My Z28 concept got popular and made a few blogs.

Well I like to try a swing at the next gen Mustang. I realize that it not going to be everyone cup of tea, but I designed it with Ford path in mind and moving forward but still keeping mustang styling cues.

Points in mind:

-Smaller car. Infiniti G35 sized (smaller lighter car with still keep backseats common to the mustang.)
-IRS
-Ecoboost friendly, with 5.0 as an option
-Ford Kinect Design influence
-SN95-New Edge design cue revival
-More aerodynamic look (hopefully actually more aerodynamic for fuel mileage reasons)
-stronger 1969/1970 styling cues (hood, stronger quarter hump, grille)

JINX whats up!! I used to be on that Camaro site as well your pictures were always top! Arcangel was my name Hell it was Arcangel on here previous too but my email changed etc etc so I resigned up
Old 3/23/11, 01:30 AM
Cobra R Member

i respect your work....but hope it doesn't look like this....from just beyond the front end it looks like a nissan Z...and that front end looks overdone and out of place...
Old 3/24/11, 06:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by xlover
love it except the horn on the hood i think smooth would be a bit better IMHO but otherwise awesome, where do i put my deposit?
DEAD ON. Loose the Rhino Horn.
Old 3/24/11, 06:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jinx
Lots of Photo sampling via google, liquify, warp, airbrush, freehand, and filters. No plug-ins. I use it a lot, but still very amateur. I'm pissed that my select tool won't deselect with a right click anymore. I must of mess it up somehow. That slows me down now. If you know how to fix it, im ears. lol.

Keypoint in making concepts like these, is that I usually use a "skeleton" hi-res car pic. It usually doesnt influence the finally shape too much, but it makes it easier and faster to make a new design by having the viewpoint and proportions close to right. The skeleton car used in this pic was this:

Ya know I was going to say the back end looked a little Z'ish.
Old 3/24/11, 09:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Like others have said, a lot of good and some not so much, but good effort.
Old 3/24/11, 04:21 PM
Bullitt Member

JINX -I remember your work on the Camaro5 website (and had commented Chevy should've hired you to build it).....as a matter of fact, your 'shop was the only Camaro I would've bought!!! I definitely like your work here.....hope you have some more up your sleeve. And let's see that in Sterling Grey !!!

Last edited by sharpie; 3/24/11 at 04:24 PM.
Old 3/24/11, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

That is mean! Nice work.
Old 4/3/11, 11:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I would like to see a photoshoped version of the original 1965 Mustang notchback roof and a little taller grill. In other words, I would like to see modern interpretation of the original Mustang with more rounded edges.
Old 4/6/11, 05:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO an it might just be be but do I see 2010 ca ... cam..camaro characteristics in a Mustang?!?! Maybe Its just me but the boat rear end an exaggerated front end remind me of that hunk (c word ) that's as common nowadays as a civic an about as pretty too
Old 4/6/11, 06:01 AM
GT Member

Some are talking about pictures of the rear. I don't see any pictures of the rear.
Old 4/6/11, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I meant more the rear quarter sections sorry.
Old 4/7/11, 12:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Hmmm ! I would like to see a photoshop of a 2010 Camaro with a 65 Mustang notchback roof and a 65 Mustang grill.
Old 4/7/11, 02:02 AM

Those cars look nice, but I hope Ford doesn't make them like that.

Those models feel very much like "concept car." In my opinion, concept cars all look awesome, until you're actually driving it/seeing it on the road. The Camaro looks nice, but it looks cartoonish, like it shouldn't be a real car.

I also hope Ford doesn't go lighter. I had a New Edge, it felt eh. The first time I saw a SN my jaw dropped. So big, wide, and mean looking. I know some people argue that reducing weight would increase performance.. but seriously, how much more performance than the 5.0 now do you need? Even with the current weight, the 5.0 is beasting it with the power. Just my preference.
Old 4/7/11, 04:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Those cars look nice, but I hope Ford doesn't make them like that.

Those models feel very much like "concept car." In my opinion, concept cars all look awesome, until you're actually driving it/seeing it on the road. The Camaro looks nice, but it looks cartoonish, like it shouldn't be a real car.

I also hope Ford doesn't go lighter. I had a New Edge, it felt eh. The first time I saw a SN my jaw dropped. So big, wide, and mean looking. I know some people argue that reducing weight would increase performance.. but seriously, how much more performance than the 5.0 now do you need? Even with the current weight, the 5.0 is beasting it with the power. Just my preference.
Umm, the SN is the new edge style? If youre talkin bout 05+ models i believe thats s197