The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Repair and Service Help (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f804/)
-   -   Reverse Sensor light STAYS ON!!!! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f804/reverse-sensor-light-stays-509851/)

Greg3 6/8/12 04:16 PM

Reverse Sensor light STAYS ON!!!!

OK, Love, Love, Love my new '13 Mustang GT! Well, I have it now 8 days and the Reverse Sensor IS ON Light - Stays on my dash information display. Take it out of reverse, put it into 1st and 2nd and so on, and the Reverse Sensor IS ON light is still there. Whatever I set the display for , the light stays on even though I am going forward at 70 mile per hour.

Any help or suggestions. Anybody ever have this problem. I guess on Monday I will call The Dealer where I just paid over $40,000.00 for the car and see what the heck is going on.
Thank YOU.

ScottH 6/8/12 05:26 PM

It does that to let you know there is a fault in the system.

kcoTiger 6/8/12 09:30 PM

It's probably a simple fix...not every new car is perfectly flawless, in fact almost every new car has issues. This isn't a big deal. It could be a lot worse.

Twin Turbo 6/9/12 01:50 AM

Possibly related to this recall:

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...gear-problems/

Jellowood 6/9/12 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Greg3 (Post 6370727)
OK, Love, Love, Love my new '13 Mustang GT! Well, I have it now 8 days and the Reverse Sensor IS ON Light - Stays on my dash information display. Take it out of reverse, put it into 1st and 2nd and so on, and the Reverse Sensor IS ON light is still there. Whatever I set the display for , the light stays on even though I am going forward at 70 mile per hour.

Any help or suggestions. Anybody ever have this problem. I guess on Monday I will call The Dealer where I just paid over $40,000.00 for the car and see what the heck is going on.
Thank YOU.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6371024)

I'm assuming since you mentioned 1st and 2nd gear you have a manual? In this cause it wouldn't relate to the recall, but either way have the dealer fix it.

cinque35 6/9/12 07:59 AM

yep warranty.. time to visit the dealer

had my '10 for almost 3 yrs without a single problem, my '13 was back after 2 weeks cause the pinion seal was leaking axle fluid all over my driveway

wanted33 6/10/12 11:24 AM

[QUOTE=cinque35;6371142]yep warranty.. time to visit the dealer

had my '10 for almost 3 yrs without a single problem, my '13 was back after 2 weeks cause the pinion seal was leaking axle fluid all over my driveway

I agree, warranty time. Sal, I thought it was just me. Our '10 was great, but our '13 is off to the shop. The pony projector on the passenger side has crapped out, and the passenger door handle has to be pulled twice at times after being unlocked. Nothing earth shaking, but a little aggravating.

The Wifey was wondering if the employee that did this door was one of the fired dope smoking Chrysler folks.:rofl2:

Greg3 6/18/12 10:25 AM

Thanks everyone, Thanks for the suggestions and I guess it could be worse. Just 8 days from delivery though, kind of makes your heart sink a little. So much time researching, picking options, ordering and then THE WAITING, and your first problem you have to take time off work to bring the car in. Whatever, I should count my blessings.
Oh, I got my first self inflicted scratch yesterday. Went to wipe off some water marks with a brand new Autogeek microtowel right after car wash and I literally heard the sound the scratch made on my front passenger fender. Black GT and you can see the white scratch on the black paint. Lesson learned again. Yes I am very sick over this one.

Watch them car wash guys!! They put yellow duct tape on the sides of my rear spoiler before it went into the auto wash and when they wiped down the car outside and took off the tape all the adhesive remained on the paint. I didn't let them touch it. I went to Autozone and bought Turtle Wax adhesive and sticker remover for autos (safe on car paint) and now I have swirl marks on these sites where I removed the adhesive. Black is some tough color!!!QUOTE=wanted33;6372078]

Originally Posted by cinque35 (Post 6371142)
yep warranty.. time to visit the dealer

I agree, warranty time. Sal, I thought it was just me. Our '10 was great, but our '13 is off to the shop. The pony projector on the passenger side has crapped out, and the passenger door handle has to be pulled twice at times after being unlocked. Nothing earth shaking, but a little aggravating.

The Wifey was wondering if the employee that did this door was one of the fired dope smoking Chrysler folks.:rofl2: