Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Rear Brake Squeal/Squeak (BBP) 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/11, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Brake Squeal/Squeak (BBP) 5.0

So I just left the dealer and all is well now. They replaced my rear pads due to a very annoying squeak that developed at about 500 miles (1,4xx now). It would make noise while driving until I hit the brakes and got pretty **** loud.

Anyway for anyone interested in the rear pad part # for the Brembo GT's it's CR3Z-2200-A. FordParts.com doesn't list the part # (just says 2200) and it's shown as a Guinuine Ford Part vs. a Motorcraft part. MSRP is about $144 vs. $66 for the factory GT or Base.

Hopefully there will be no squeal after break in on this set!
Old 8/8/11, 10:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've got the same thing. However you have to attribute this to the type of pad. I know on the v6 performance package Ford specifically states they use Performance Friction pads. I'm assuming it's the same compound used on the brembo GT's. Performance pads simply make noise.

I'll probably swap mine out for a Hawk or Carbotech pad.
Old 8/8/11, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

This wasn't the squeal when coming to a stop this was a sound that radiated off the cars next to me while passing and was audible when inside the car with the windows up. It was very annoying and it went away when you applied the brakes.
Old 12/15/11, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Noise came back . . . it's almost like an intermittent tic or click that sounds metal on metal and only from the right rear. When I press the brake just slightly or pull the e-brake it goes right away. Gets a little louder too when I start to accelerate.

Dealer said they were going to try to braze the pads a little this time to see if that would make it go away, cars already in storage though so nothing till next year.

Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts?
Old 12/15/11, 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Noise was probably gone for about 500-1,000 miles after the first pad change and has been back now for about 1,000. I've tried to re bed the brakes at least a couple times with no real change.
Old 12/16/11, 12:39 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 99mstng
Noise came back . . . it's almost like an intermittent tic or click that sounds metal on metal and only from the right rear. When I press the brake just slightly or pull the e-brake it goes right away. Gets a little louder too when I start to accelerate.

Dealer said they were going to try to braze the pads a little this time to see if that would make it go away, cars already in storage though so nothing till next year.
Noise was probably gone for about 500-1,000 miles after the first pad change and has been back now for about 1,000. I've tried to re bed the brakes at least a couple times with no real change.
Hi 99mstng,

I’d like to escalate this for you when you bring it back out. When the time comes, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can help.

Deysha
Old 12/17/11, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks, Deysha. I'll let you know . . . gonna be a few months
Old 12/19/11, 09:20 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks, Deysha. I'll let you know . . . gonna be a few months
Ok, no problem!

Deysha