Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

P219b code

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/22, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P219b code

Hello Im looking for some advice on the wife’s 302 engine code p219b. I have changed all 4 o2 sensors, both rear cats and now the injectors since they were leaking. I have taken it to ford and they said it is a intermittent problem which is why I did the injectors. Help please
Old 9/11/22, 09:04 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Wifesboss302
Hello Im looking for some advice on the wife’s 302 engine code p219b. I have changed all 4 o2 sensors, both rear cats and now the injectors since they were leaking. I have taken it to ford and they said it is a intermittent problem which is why I did the injectors. Help please
Hello,
How about the Story of the Car.
Did you Buy it New?
Is It Stock?
Miles On Car?
Did Problem Come out of the Blue?
What other Issues Have you Had?
Just Need Some Back Story to Help!

We May Get Lucky and another Boss Owner Has Had a Similar Issue. We Shall See!
A Quick Web Search Brought this up! Have you Checked any Or All of These?

What are the Possible Causes of the Code P219B Ford?

• Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors
  • Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
  • Leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) canister purge valve
  • Exhaust or intake air system leaks
  • Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
  • Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system is leaking or the valve is stuck open
  • Ignition system
  • Incorrectly seated engine oil dipstick, tube or oil fill cap
KC

Old 9/12/22, 07:38 AM

Here is the story I know. The wife and I are the 7th owner of the car is out of Florida and we live in arizona. The previous owner said there was some injectors problems which he had replaced because of the check engine light coming on. We brought it and put on a 1000 miles on it and then the check engine light came on. Put my little $50 scan tool on it. It showed a 430b code and a 429b code too. Took it too the shop and they said all of the o2 sensor were bad plus the cats were bad too, They also wanted to change the spark plugs and coil packs for good measure. So we did all that. 300 hundred miles go by and the check engine light came back on, they found the driver side back cat was bad so they replaced it and then said it needed to be looked at by a better shop since it was throwing the 219b code. So we took it to a ford dealership and they replaced the fuel injectors since they were leaking but it was not a guarantee fix.They also checked all the fuel pressures all were good. 30 miles down the road the check engine light came on again and back to the cheap scan tool 219b code again. So tonight I will check for exhaust leaks tonight when I get home. That’s the history it that I know of it. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
Old 9/12/22, 07:39 AM

All stock expect replacement parts and 77k on the odometer.
Old 9/12/22, 09:43 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Originally Posted by Wifesboss302
All stock expect replacement parts and 77k on the odometer.
Sent You Pm.
The Cat Being That Bad and The Car From Florida the Land of Tuners I would Bet it was Highly Modified at One Point and Put Back to Stock. That is Just My Guess Since I can't Look for Evidence of it Being Taken Apart at One Point. Could Have Been Lots of Hands in It. Sure Seems Like a Lot of Owner Changes perhaps They Had Issues as Well and Simply Passed it on! I had a Similar Problem on My Harley F-150 Supercharged and it was an Exhaust Leak you Could Only Hear at Certain Times . It was Between Headpipe and Manifold in My Case! It would always throw a Code Right before the Bi annual Smog Check of Course.

Kc