Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Oil usage and cold engine valve noise

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/11 | 09:07 PM
V6 Member

Oil usage and cold engine valve noise

I have 3300 miles on my new 2011 CS/GT. At 1200 miles I added 1 quart of oil, another quart at 2200 miles and after taking the car to the Huntsville Car Show on Saturday it looks like it might need half a quart again. I checked the oil the night I picked it up and it was fine.

Also when the engine is cold it has what sounds like is a valve tick. After tempeture comes up it stops.

Anyone else experieced this amount of oil usage?

There also seems to be a popping in the front end when the car's weight is unloaded such as in a take off or a low speed turn.
Old 5/13/11 | 07:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by redhorse
I have 3300 miles on my new 2011 CS/GT. At 1200 miles I added 1 quart of oil, another quart at 2200 miles and after taking the car to the Huntsville Car Show on Saturday it looks like it might need half a quart again. I checked the oil the night I picked it up and it was fine.

Also when the engine is cold it has what sounds like is a valve tick. After tempeture comes up it stops.

Anyone else experieced this amount of oil usage?

There also seems to be a popping in the front end when the car's weight is unloaded such as in a take off or a low speed turn.
Hi redhorse,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I recommend you bring it in to your Ford dealership as soon as possible. Then, message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info to see how I can help.

Deysha