Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

No Oil!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/11, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cd4537
cdynaco,

I actually thought about trying to make sense to you, but I decided to erase what I typed.
Thanks for your input.
I can understand how you feel. As a previous owner of an Rx-8 I had my engine replaced once and my transmission repaired 5 times (all under warranty) before I sold the frickin' thing. If I could have lemon lawed out of it, I would have... but I bought it brand USED with 7k miles on it.

Over 4 years it was in the shop at least 70 days total, but each time I got it back... I loved driving it, loved the car.

You have to ask yourself... do I love this car? Did I really want to buy it? If so, stick with it. The new engine will grow on you, and this feeling will go away.
Old 9/27/11, 12:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah get in it, a peel some rubber!
Old 9/27/11, 12:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
[COLOR=black]
And remember - YOU're the OWNER that didn't check his oil in the first place.

You are oh so right.
Old 9/27/11, 12:44 PM
GT Member

Trying to guilt-trip the OP into keeping his car isn't going to work. If anything, I'd feel alienated by the rhetoric used here in the last few posts.
Old 9/27/11, 01:00 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Musker
Trying to guilt-trip the OP into keeping his car isn't going to work. If anything, I'd feel alienated by the rhetoric used here in the last few posts.

I'm not trying to guilt trip anybody into anything.

But for a grown man - who made the mistake himself - to border on superstition or whatever whacko girly reasoning is going on - is sheer stupidity.

And it hurts our brand.

If I was on the Board, I'd ban him from buying a Ford product for life so as to protect the shareholders from morons that don't lift the hood to check fluids, lean on the warranty (wrongly IMO), and then whine like a lil baby after the company paid for the whole thing.

Old 9/27/11, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

^your nuts. Quit being an ***. It's not required for him to check oil at 2300. Should he have, sure. But this is something that ford did wrong. Ford fixed it (BEAUSE FORD MADE A MISTAKE)

All this name calling is ridiculous. Get off your high horse and shut up.

As far as keeping it, I know what you mean. After getting in a wreck or something like this it doesn't feel the same. Go drive it, go around a corner, and then go fast. Get some tunes on, and I think you'll fall in love all over again.
I've driven all 3 muscle cars, and nothing is as good as a mustang.
Old 9/27/11, 01:41 PM

Guess I'm not used to buying BRAND NEW cars that you have to monitor the oil in at 2k miles. And I'm hurting your brand? You pretty much made my decision. I contacted an attorney here in NY. 4 or more attempts to fix the same problem, or 30+ days out of service. He says it's a slam dunk. I'll take my money and buy a different brand. Thanks.
Old 9/27/11, 01:44 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2011GT/CS
^your nuts. Quit being an ***. It's not required for him to check oil at 2300. Should he have, sure. But this is something that ford did wrong. Ford fixed it (BEAUSE FORD MADE A MISTAKE)

All this name calling is ridiculous. Get off your high horse and shut up.
Not a chance wise guy. I am free to express my opinion in this country, and this moron - or any other - that doesn't pay attention to critical fluids deserves to pay the bill themselves - not other customers or shareholders. Who do you think pays for that warranty repair?

Petty spoiled American little boys that refuse to man up for their stupidity deserve to pay - if nothing else so as to learn to be a man.
Old 9/27/11, 01:45 PM
Post *****

Guess I'm not used to buying BRAND NEW cars that you have to monitor the oil in at 2k miles. And I'm hurting your brand? You pretty much made my decision. I contacted an attorney here in NY. 4 or more attempts to fix the same problem, or 30+ days out of service. He says it's a slam dunk. I'll take my money and buy a different brand. Thanks.
I hope Ford fights you tooth and nail. Good riddance. Thief.

I've saved this thread to file.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/27/11 at 01:53 PM.
Old 9/27/11, 02:44 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
A slam dunk? Since it's been fixed, is there something else wrong with it? Or in your mind, is the car just tainted now? The dealership putting in a new engine is no different than the factory putting in a new engine. From what I've read, it seems like you got 2,000 extra miles out of your engine.
Old 9/27/11, 02:46 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
A slam dunk? Since it's been fixed, is there something else wrong with it? Or in your mind, is the car just tainted now? The dealership putting in a new engine is no different than the factory putting in a new engine. From what I've read, it seems like you got 2,000 extra miles out of your engine.
Shhh! Ppl think that dealerships are the devil!
Old 9/27/11, 02:46 PM
GT Member

I hope Ford fights you tooth and nail. Good riddance. Thief.

I've saved this thread to file.

Last edited by Musker; 9/27/11 at 02:48 PM.
Old 9/27/11, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Not a chance wise guy. I am free to express my opinion in this country, and this moron - or any other - that doesn't pay attention to critical fluids deserves to pay the bill themselves - not other customers or shareholders. Who do you think pays for that warranty repair?

Petty spoiled American little boys that refuse to man up for their stupidity deserve to pay - if nothing else so as to learn to be a man.
So, let's say Ford didn't put enough differential fluid in, and his entire rear end was destroyed. Is that his fault because he didn't check it? NOPE!
Idk about him not liking his car now, but the oil thing is 100% fords fault.
Old 9/27/11, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I'm wrong to think this way

So I have around 12K miles on my car. If the motor craps out and Ford says, "we are going to give you a new engine." I will be like because I would technically have a zero mile car. Almost like getting a brand new car. I'm wrong to think this way? Is there is something I'm missing here?
Old 9/27/11, 03:59 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I understand what the op is saying but the car is fixed. They won't buy it back straight up. They may take it as trade for a new one. The second you start talking attorneys, the dealer will probably stop talking to you. And I doubt if your lawyer is as good as ford's lawyers are. You probably won't get an even swap either. Plead your case to Ford but don't expect to get the better end of the deal.
Old 9/27/11, 04:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember, you signed a contract that requires arbitration. You won't go to court. You will pay all attorney's fees. Ford will have attorney's that will rip your guy apart. You are supposed to check the oil monthly. Per the manual. You didn't. That will play well in Ford's favor.

Remember, arbitration can also see Ford asking the arbitrator that in light of recent events, YOU be required to pay THEM for the engine. And the arbitrator just might do that. The lawyer you have contacted gets paid either way and he/she is paid by YOU. The arbitrator *might* give you an allowance for lost use of the vehicle. But I guarantee you will still come out on the losing end of this deal.

I had to have my transmission replaced at 2500 miles. BFD. The car runs just as good as it did before. You must be one of those "sensitive" guys if this is crunching your chips this badly. You have a perfectly fine working vehicle but your "feelings" are making you seek to get your money back?

ROFLMAO! Good luck with that.

Last edited by VTXFrank; 9/27/11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 9/27/11, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

The OPs only hope will be the Lemon Law for the state he lives in.

Being that his car was in the shop for 45-days could be enough, but Ford may show that they were not at fault due to a shipping error, and that they had decided to repair the vehicle long prior to the long delay. Add that to the fact that he received a loaner car free of charge. This qualifies for a good-faith effort on the Ford dealership and Ford Motor Co.
Old 9/27/11, 05:37 PM
Post *****

a) And I'm hurting your brand?
b) You pretty much made my decision. I contacted an attorney here in NY.
a) I said "our" brand - as to Mustang and Ford and TMS enthusiasts. And worse, its slugs like you that don't carry their weight that are a huge drag on our economy on so many levels.
b) You are again showing you are an emotional mess. Wanting to return your Mustang for no solid reasoning.
"I'm telling mommy on you! Then I'm calling my lawyer on Ford!"

Maybe you should try some testosterone supplements - because that estrogen you're taking ain't cuttin' it.

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
a) Remember, arbitration can also see Ford asking the arbitrator that in light of recent events, YOU be required to pay THEM for the engine. And the arbitrator just might do that. The lawyer you have contacted gets paid either way and he/she is paid by YOU. The arbitrator *might* give you an allowance for lost use of the vehicle. But I guarantee you will still come out on the losing end of this deal.

b) I had to have my transmission replaced at 2500 miles. BFD.

c) The car runs just as good as it did before. You must be one of those "sensitive" guys if this is crunching your chips this badly. You have a perfectly fine working vehicle but your "feelings" are making you seek to get your money back?

ROFLMAO! Good luck with that.
a) Of course his lawyer won't tell him that. I expect he's gonna eat up a big pile of money and wish he would have left things alone - and told his Dealer & Ford "thank you".

b) Similar for me - back in the day driving home off the lot the pilot bearing froze and I was stuck in traffic at night and had to wait for a tow. They fixed it fairly promptly and I went on to live and love that car for 15 years.

c) You know I was supportive of the guy at the beginning of the thread - even though I didn't get not checking the fluids yourself. I mean what the hell kind of man buys a Mustang - the new monster 5.0 - and doesn't lift the dang hood??? And pour over it and touch it and check it out??? Did he buy it just to brag 400+HP to his knitting class?

Why didn't he just buy a dang Prius??

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/27/11 at 05:43 PM.
Old 9/27/11, 05:59 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
No need for name calling guys. So knock it the **** off!

Now my $.02. The OP got a new engine and that's that. There's nothing wrong with that and in my opinion that is all Ford had to do. Also. Check your fluids. If you can't do that then take it to someone that can. Maybe it's time for full service gas stations for those that don't ever check their own oil.

I think Ford has made it right. They could have balked and said youshould check your oil but they didn't. They gave the OP a new engine and that should be that. Anymore is just emotions getting in the way.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/27/11 at 07:33 PM.
Old 9/27/11, 06:19 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OP you have a new engine. Enjoy your car and make up on lost time.. It's life, **** happens man..

Quick Reply: No Oil!!!!