Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Missing Mustang Laguna Seca Parts

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/13, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing Mustang Laguna Seca Parts

I'm not sure what to do next as my dealer has been very unresponsive on getting me parts included in my new Laguna Seca Mustang. So I am posting here.

I purchased a 2013 SBY Boss 302 LS from them on 12/11/2012. I was told when picked the car up that the splitter, transmission scoop, and brake cooling ducts would be sent to my home shortly. I’ve inquired several times since until I was told that they were mistakenly not ordered with the car (this should be automatic) I was told they would take an additional 3-4 months for delivery!! That's 4-5 months after delivery of the car and I'm not sure I believe them given how they've treated me thus far and the fact that they won't confirm the order.

I called around and these parts are available from several vendors. I also asked my sales manager to send the order details which he has not done. The General Manager is never available and has not returned my email.

2013 Mustang Order Guide:
Included in Equipment Group, Laguna Seca
• 19"x9"(f) 19"x10"(r) Painted/Machined-aluminum wheels with R compound
tires (Dry weather/Summer only)
• Pedestal spoiler
• Rear-seat delete
• Rear cross car X-brace
• Recaro® cloth sport seats with embroidered Boss® logo
• Front brake cooling ducts (installation required)
• Transmission cooler scoop (installation required)
• Front air splitter (customer installation required)
• 3.73 rear-axle with TORSEN® helical differential
• Unique rear springs, stabilizer bar and damper tuning
Old 1/13/13, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Call ford customer service. The stuff is probably back ordered from ford. I wouldn't have agreed to that though.
Old 1/13/13, 12:11 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I recall someone in the forums selling these parts. Check out the market place.
Old 1/13/13, 12:21 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have Ford customer service reps on the site too. You could try contacting them as well.
Old 1/13/13, 02:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I recall someone in the forums selling these parts. Check out the market place.
You're telling him to repurchase these parts separately when they were all ready paid for and not provided to him? Alright...

Contact Ford's customer relations department during their business hours.

1-800-392-3673

Monday-Friday: 8am-8pm EST
Saturday: 8:30am-5:00pm EST

Last edited by TwistedKarma; 1/13/13 at 04:14 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 03:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I say someone at the dealer took those parts out of the trunk.......
Old 1/13/13, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by TwistedKarma

You're telling him to repurchase these parts separately when they were all ready paid for and not provided to him? You're an idiot.

Contact Ford's customer relations department during their business hours.

1-800-392-3673

Monday-Friday: 8am-8pm EST
Saturday: 8:30am-5:00pm EST
No, Egon. I'm simply giving him an option in case his dealership doesn't come through for him. It seems to be leaning that way...I know it's hard to believe that a dealership doesn't come through. Haha

Btw, The only thing idiotic is your etiquette and the fact that any monkey can look up the help line. Don't insult the OPs intelligence. I'm sure he's called this number. His money can be amended later. He needs the parts ASAP Egon!

Think logically and learn some manners in the forum or don't even post.

Noobs. I swear.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/13/13 at 05:27 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Settle down boys. we have Ford Customer representatives that monitor and will respond and resolve the problem even if the current dealer can't get a handle on the issue or the parts in this case.
Old 1/13/13, 03:49 PM
GT Member

No, Egon. I'm simply giving him an option in case his dealership doesn't come through for him. It seems to be leaning that way...I know it's hard to believe that a dealership doesn't come through. Haha

Btw, The only thing idiotic is your etiquette and the fact that any monkey can look up the help line. Don't insult the OPs intelligence. I'm sure he's called this number. His money can be amended later. He needs the parts ASAP Egon!

Think logically and learn some manners in the forum or don't even post. Better yet, why dont YOU call 1-800-YOU-SUCK.

Noobs. I swear.
If he was able to look up the number on his own and know to call it, then he wouldn't have posted here. His best route is to call Customer Relations, not repurchase the parts.

Last edited by TwistedKarma; 1/13/13 at 04:14 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 03:59 PM

Reported.

This forum is place to share ideas for Mustang enthusiasts alike. We discuss all aspects of the hobby, get second opinions, and try to keep this site safe and free of insult and harassment while doing so. Remember that no one should be ridiculed for their taste, preference, or opinion in the community.

For you, I'd recommend a Honda forum. There, you will be able to colorfully express yourself to like minded individuals of your caliber and obvious skill set.

That is all.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/13/13 at 04:03 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 04:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by milestogo
I'm not sure what to do next as my dealer has been very unresponsive on getting me parts included in my new Laguna Seca Mustang. So I am posting here.
This is the first line of the OP's original post. You are telling him he should repurchase the parts from members here. That is an idiotic suggestion being as he has already paid for them and the Ford dealership he bought the car from is the one to blame. I gave him the number to Ford's Customer Relations department, along with hours of operation. That is information he can use. You should have just not posted.

Edit: I'm going to remove the harsh word I used (LOL...) toward you. I apologize, your suggestion to repurchase the parts (two of which the dealer should of installed) was brilliant and I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first. Why not pay twice and have to install your own parts that are suppose to come installed from the dealer.

Last edited by TwistedKarma; 1/13/13 at 04:13 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 04:36 PM

Logically speaking: if a dealer keeps giving him a song and dance and hasn't produced the parts, and a significant amount of time has passed, then we can safely conclude that the dealer will most likely NOT follow through.

Calling the help line and various phone numbers only delays the process even more. Remember that his objective is to have the parts "in hand", on his car, and enjoying them.

Meanwhile he's putting wear and tear on his car waiting for parts that "may or may not show up." This isn't any car. This is a Boss 302 LS! Personally, I'd try and source the parts ASAP. (Member or website)

Get the parts ASAP so that they remain consistent with the cars usage and mileage. Consider how long he has waited factored in with the cars usage before you arrive at your premature conclusion. Consider variables to the problem. i would instead use energy and my finger tips to call numbers that will reconcile my original funds. You can get money back but you can not reverse wear and tear on your car.

Those brake cooling ducts and scoop would be beneficial to get on the car ASAP.

From your handle, it seems you're quite aware of "Karma." You need to familiarize yourself with "CYA" so she doesn't come around on you again.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/13/13 at 04:37 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 04:48 PM
GT Member

Logically speaking: if a dealer keeps giving him a song and dance and hasn't produced the parts, and a significant amount of time has passed, then we can safely conclude that the dealer will most likely NOT follow through.

Calling the help line and various phone numbers only delays the process even more. Remember that his objective is to have the parts "in hand", on his car, and enjoying them.

Meanwhile he's putting wear and tear on his car waiting for parts that "may or may not show up." This isn't any car. This is a Boss 302 LS! Personally, I'd try and source the parts ASAP. (Member or website)

Get the parts ASAP so that they remain consistent with the cars usage and mileage. Consider how long he has waited factored in with the cars usage before you arrive at your premature conclusion. Consider variables to the problem. i would instead use energy and my finger tips to call numbers that will reconcile my original funds. You can get money back but you can not reverse wear and tear on your car.

Those brake cooling ducts and scoop would be beneficial to get on the car ASAP.

From your handle, it seems you're quite aware of "Karma." You need to familiarize yourself with "CYA" so she doesn't come around on you again.
I'm not responding anymore and, just so you are aware, I feel less intelligent after reading this ramble you just posted. Sorry you took offense to the word I used, next time I'll think of a better word to use that sounds less harsh but retains the same meaning. Have a good evening!
Old 1/13/13, 04:50 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 1/13/13, 04:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 07S197
Don't lock his thread because of us, just remove all of our post. Maybe leave mine, with the number and hours to Ford's customer relations, since that is going to be his best option.
Old 1/13/13, 05:03 PM

[QUOTE="TwistedKarma;6529958"]

next time I'll think of a better word to use that sounds less harsh but retains the same meaning.

That will take you more time to come up with than the OP waiting on his parts to arrive.

Have a wonderful night!

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/13/13 at 05:27 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 07S197
I agree.

Rewind: I simply gave an option to the OP and was called an idiot for it. I was truly trying to help. No one deserves to be insulted for their opinion. I don't take lightly to being degraded and put down just as the next person wouldn't.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/13/13 at 05:07 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 06:13 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Closed.