Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/13, 05:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless Entry

Hello All,

2013 GT/Premium-MT

Maybe you can help with my simple, but kind of annoying situation.

My Keyless/Entry Key Fob is supposed to turn on the interior Dome lights (page 79 Owners Manual) when I press any button on the KeyFob (especially open door button, obviously) to illuminate the interior upon approaching the vehicle. It never has done this since owning my Gt.

The interior Dome Lights do turn on when a door is physically opened though which it's also supposed to do, obviously, but not with the the buttons on the Key Fob!!

Even though I have read the manual multiple times, I just never noticed this until now and went back to the manual to confirm my suspicions.

Can you please check you key Fob operation of the interior dome light when you have a chance and get back to me so I can relax that it not just my car and is probably of design (even thought the manual states otherwise) and relax or call Ford Service. Yeah, those little things irritate my OCD.
All my other cars turn on the lights with the key fob being pressed, including my 13 year old car.
Thanks guys.
Old 4/14/13, 04:16 PM

I have a 2013 GT. Just check my dome lights come on when I hit unlock on the keyless.
Old 4/14/13, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is that maybe a 'setting' of the dome light switch itself?
Old 4/14/13, 09:55 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for you replies. I will bring my GT in for service to look at. I am sure it's a simple matter as you suggest with the settings maybe. It's just that dome lights do turn on when the door is physically opened and then dim out and the On/Off dimmer control by the headlight switch of course is in the ON/Full bright position.
Again, I am sure I will look stupid when I bring it in to Ford, but I have to have it fixed or the settings adjusted which it never worked since I took delivery.
I only noticed it now, because I guess it not such a big deal where you would notice and I had other things to worry about, like clutch grinding and lock out, burned out fog lamp (which was a pinched and frayed wire from the factory), Paint peeling from under the kick plates (what's up with that), etc. I never once even stepped on a kick plate so I guess their quality control is not up there yet, but has improved ten fold over the years.

Good night all and thanks again,
Old 4/17/13, 09:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg3
Thanks for you replies. I will bring my GT in for service to look at. I am sure it's a simple matter as you suggest with the settings maybe. It's just that dome lights do turn on when the door is physically opened and then dim out and the On/Off dimmer control by the headlight switch of course is in the ON/Full bright position.
Again, I am sure I will look stupid when I bring it in to Ford, but I have to have it fixed or the settings adjusted which it never worked since I took delivery.
I only noticed it now, because I guess it not such a big deal where you would notice and I had other things to worry about, like clutch grinding and lock out, burned out fog lamp (which was a pinched and frayed wire from the factory), Paint peeling from under the kick plates (what's up with that), etc. I never once even stepped on a kick plate so I guess their quality control is not up there yet, but has improved ten fold over the years.

Good night all and thanks again,
Hello Greg3,

Were you able to bring it in and get this resolved? If not, please make an appointment as soon as possible. Then, let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha