Notices
Warranty and Service Issue

Bubbling Hood Damage Control Update

Old 4/24/15, 03:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubbling Hood Damage Control Update

Okay, in previous threads, I had said Ford Canada and my dealer have left me completely empty handed on fixing my hood. In my case, I need a new hood. After much correspondence and persistence, my service manager stepped up and took my case as far as he could. Between the manager and his Ford rep, they made an offer to replace and paint a new hood. Now, the price for a new hood at paint shops here is $1800 cdn..... Crazy. To paint the hood is about $750 cdn without blending it into the fenders... Thats an extra $400 cdn. So far I would have to pay $1374 cdn. Not sure if the $1374 is with blended paint job or not. I have to clear that up yet. The body shop Ford uses gave me the estimate blended, so my share could be less. Still waiting for a call back from the manager on real numbers. High numbers still.
Old 4/24/15, 06:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
These threads make me sad. Hope it works out bro.
Old 4/24/15, 06:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio View Post
These threads make me sad. Hope it works out bro.
Thanks. It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm happy that there is some damage control from Ford in my case on this hood corrosion issue even after Fords warranties have expired. Still a big chunk of change to put out for something that is not my fault. The reality is, if I leave it, the cost is so much more to fix on my own.
Old 4/24/15, 06:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 4/24/15, 06:53 PM

Ford - really? Really? I've been buying fords for 20 years with no problems. Now my 2008 Mustang GT CS has a big paint bubble on the hood near the scoop. Out of warranty of course. Even though I only have 50 k miles on it. $800 bucks to fix (and then it will come back) $2200 for a new hood painted (and gat will be aluminu, too). No help from the dealer or customer service. Just waiting for the day I go in to buy my new big axx Expedition and tell the dealer "oops sorry dude- you wouldn't fix up my baby - I'm gonna buy a Suburban instead." Bad business Ford. Bad business....
Old 4/24/15, 07:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Sharkdaddy22 View Post
Ford - really? Really? I've been buying fords for 20 years with no problems. Now my 2008 Mustang GT CS has a big paint bubble on the hood near the scoop. Out of warranty of course. Even though I only have 50 k miles on it. $800 bucks to fix (and then it will come back) $2200 for a new hood painted (and gat will be aluminu, too). No help from the dealer or customer service. Just waiting for the day I go in to buy my new big axx Expedition and tell the dealer "oops sorry dude- you wouldn't fix up my baby - I'm gonna buy a Suburban instead." Bad business Ford. Bad business....
Admittedly, I did sincerely use the loyalty card. I did mention that we also have a 2009 GT/CS.( My wife's 2010 Pony is the subject here). Also, I stated that we are looking for a full size car in the near future. Taurus?.....or not. Don't know if that matters much to the Ford rep. It does to me.
Old 5/15/15, 06:15 PM
GT Member

Okay, it's done!! My wife and I followed through with Fords partial compensation on a new hood and paint. Our share came in at $1276 CDN and not the the $1374 CDN that I originally posted. Car looks great!! Life time warranty on the work. The hood, however....no. Anyways, we can't complain at this point. A bonus in all of this is that there was a small dent from a stone chip on the old hood. Not a big bonus, but definitely a plus nonetheless.
This auto body shop does all the Ford work for this particular dealership. I was told by an insider that they are constantly doing this kind of work for them. Good luck to anyone who is dealing with a similar situation to mine. I've been on this since December. Finally; Case closed.
Cheers, Tom
Old 5/16/15, 03:27 AM
Post *****

Received 157 Likes on 142 Posts
you could probably get an after market painted hood for that kind of money. Glad your getting it fixed up. Have any pics of the bubbling to share?
Old 5/16/15, 09:08 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
you could probably get an after market painted hood for that kind of money. Glad your getting it fixed up. Have any pics of the bubbling to share?
I suggested an after market hood to my wife...I've got my own Mustang sooo...... since it is her car, she made the call. As I have previously mentioned in another thread, I would have preferred a fibreglass replacement. (I really like the Cervini Stalker II) Also, since the CDN dollar is weak, it would have been a few hundred dollars more to buy an after market hood with the exchange plus shipping plus paint. Believe me, with two kids in college, cost was definitely a factor in all of this. No pics since the old hood is gone and shipped back to Ford. Same as the other hoods though. Driver, passenger side were wrinkled up on the inside and the bubbling came up on top on the driver side nose of the hood.
Old 5/20/19, 08:42 AM

Give up

I gave up with ford and trying to get them to cover the cost on my 2012. I opted for an aftermarket Fiberglass hood and I know it will never corrode and cheaper than a new factory hood.