Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

American muscle screwed me!

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/13, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American muscle screwed me!

Will somebody please help me find a set of Eibach front sway bar mounts. I bought an Eibach sway bar kit from AM and it was missing the front sway bar mounts. It's been a month and they have done nothing to help me get my missing parts. They sent me a free shirt to shut me up for my troubles. I just wanted what I paid for.
Old 3/16/13, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Just a thought but how about contacting Eibach directly and ask the for the part?
Old 3/16/13, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds a little strange, but if true, you need to be sure you're escalating to them.

If had been dealing with a vendor and something like this happened, especially a MONTH, I would call the vendor in question and ask for an RMA and refund. If they refused, I would call them and tell them I'm disputing the charge and opening a BBB case.
Old 3/16/13, 07:17 AM
Cobra Member

Call AM back and ask to speak with a customer service manager. I had some issues with the paint on my retro headlights last year and I finally got to a solution after a CS manager was involved. This kind of stuff seems to surface way too often with AM. It is a shame you need to jump through hoops to get them to make things right... which is exactly why I avoid buying from them.
Old 3/16/13, 07:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
I'll give you 3 bucks for the shirt?? Spmeone from AM will chime in here soon and fix this for you. They said they were going to send me a calendar but I haven't recieved it yet. I'm thinking soon tho
Old 3/16/13, 07:41 AM

Lots of good advice. Thanks guys. I think I gave AM more than enough time to solve the problem. I'll be calling Eibach directly today and we'll see what happens from there. As far as selling the shirt sorry already used it to clean my wheels.
Old 3/16/13, 09:37 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
PM one of their reps. This sounds like an easy fix, so what is the problem? I feel like I'm hearing only half of the story (maybe even less), and it doesn't make any sense.

If I order headlights and only get one of them, I'm obviously gonna ask for the other headlight. Whether they have to just send me the one or I have to send it back and get a completely new one that contains both, the fix is simple.
Old 3/17/13, 05:35 AM

Feb 11 I had received my Eibach front and rear sway bar kit from AM along with other various suspension parts I had ordered. A few days later during that weekend I go to put the sway bar kit on the car and I'm missing the front mounts. I call AM that day and they told me they would send a message to the parts department to fix it on Monday. Well a phone call 10 emails and a month later they still don't have my part for me. They keep telling me the same thing they will talk to Eibach and get a tracking # for me. They sent me a shirt for my troubles and that was it. I would like to purchase the front mounts myself and just be done with AM.
Old 3/17/13, 09:23 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
One phone call? Call them tomorrow, til the issue is fixed. Either the part is shipped to you, or a return is made and a new one shipped out.
Old 3/17/13, 09:26 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like eibach srewed you and AM...

were they gentle kissers?? generous lovers??
Old 3/18/13, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

did you call yet?? Lol Adrian
Old 3/18/13, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ponypusher
Will somebody please help me find a set of Eibach front sway bar mounts. I bought an Eibach sway bar kit from AM and it was missing the front sway bar mounts. It's been a month and they have done nothing to help me get my missing parts. They sent me a free shirt to shut me up for my troubles. I just wanted what I paid for.
Ponypusher,

I'm really sorry about the on going issue you're experiencing with your missing sway bar mounts. We get these kits directly from Eibach, so if it wasn't in the box, they must have accidentally forgot to include the mounts. This is not you're problem, this is ours and we need to make sure no further kits are like this and get you squared away, right now.

Please shoot me a PM with your order number included. I'm going to have my CS manager look into your order and make sure they are in touch with Eibach, then contact you. If there's not a kit on the way, I'll make sure we go over to the warehouse, pull a set of mounts out of another kit and then remove that kit from inventory until the manufacture gets back to us!

I apologize for dropping the ball on this. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to keep you as a happy and satisfied customer!

-Dan
Old 3/18/13, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

there ya go good deal. Maybe you can send him a calendar for his troubles too
Old 3/18/13, 10:03 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

gentle kisses
Old 3/18/13, 10:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
gentle kisses
Cuddling right after washes away all shame.
Old 3/18/13, 02:48 PM

I just got off the phone with Eibach and it looks like my order was put in by AM. I feel kinda ****ty about *****ing but on the other hand I should have never had to call Eibach to see what was going on with my missing parts. Good communication is Good business! Also you guys are hilarious. Thanks.
Old 3/18/13, 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Happy ending hopefully, let us know when you get the parts.
Old 3/20/13, 04:52 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Happy ending hopefully, let us know when you get the parts.
ah, he got screwed and you got the happy ending.... somethings messed up here.
Old 3/20/13, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dan's the Man most of the time
Old 3/21/13, 02:50 PM

Am really patched things up. They sent me a whole sway bar kit overnight to get me the parts I needed. I took what was missing and promptly sent back the kit yesterday. So my rant just got me one uped. I seriously underestimated their resolve. Thanks to American muscle for making things right and you guys for the good advice and mildly inappropriate but funny comments. You guys rock!

Quick Reply: American muscle screwed me!