The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Repair and Service Help (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f804/)
-   -   All lights turned on from dash and a sudden red appeared on speedometer please help (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f804/all-lights-turned-dash-sudden-red-appeared-speedometer-please-help-546630/)

Saul71301 3/3/19 11:29 PM

All lights turned on from dash and a sudden red appeared on speedometer please help

So I got my 2013 Mustang Gt a day ago and as I was driving on the highway my car starts to do this surge thing where the traction control light turns on, airbags turn off, the speedometer starts to turn red and the engine light has stayed on and shows everything that is on such as brakes, doors and ABS. It went back to normal in like 10 seconds and it went back to going red and it continually did it till I was close to my home where I had to leave it. Remind you that I this mustang that I bought has 100,000 miles on it already but everything looked good to me but I don’t know what’s causing this problem to happen so quick. Please if anybody knows

David Young 3/4/19 03:31 AM

I had something happen to me like this and it was the battery going bad. Bought a new battery and never happened since :). You can drive it down to your local auto parts store and they will check your charging system, for free.

Gidoneil 10/20/21 04:10 AM

Source

Originally Posted by Saul71301 (Post 7039326)
So I got my 2013 Mustang Gt a day ago and as I was driving on the highway my car starts to do this surge thing where the traction control light turns on, airbags turn off, the speedometer starts to turn red and the engine light has stayed on and shows everything that is on such as brakes, doors and ABS. It went back to normal in like 10 seconds and it went back to going red and it continually did it till I was close to my home where I had to leave it. Remind you that I this mustang that I bought has 100,000 miles on it already but everything looked good to me but I don’t know what’s causing this problem to happen so quick. Please if anybody knows

Did you ever figure out the problem, my 2010 gt does the same thing and the ford garage has no idea what it is

Jhandke 10/29/21 03:07 PM

My 2011 has been doing this as well and had to replace the PCM Relay. What did you do to fix your problem? I installed a new battery and new altonator and one day the car said check charging system advance track. Had to have it towed and they replaced the PCM Relay and has been fine since a few weeks ago and boom same thing happened. I thought maybe a ground? Please get back to me if you happen to read this as I'm about ready to give up.

Bert 10/31/21 08:59 AM

let's hope it's something simple like a bad connection to the battery or ground -- check, clean, tighten all of those major connections first

I think there are some other recent threads on here that talk about the ground locations, and I think there are more than one; but the main one from the battery is the most important