Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 5.0L engine failure - Warrenty Denied...

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/11, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 5.0L engine failure - Warrenty Denied...

Ford just called and told me that the motor has broke, the #8 cylinder lost compression. They cant find any "dead give aways" of why it broke, but they are denying my claim. They told me(My FAVORITE part) "the high performance mufflers you have on the car most likely caused it to over rev and damage the motor" I, in all my anger said "thats funny, the same A/Bs are on the blue roush 5.0L in the show room". I put my factory X pipe on, but still shows "bank 2 over temp"(I believe). Sooooooo again, my GEM of a mustang is down, again.
Old 12/16/11, 11:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like BS to me. Only a TUNE would allow the car to over-rev if it changed the limiter ... NO idea if you had you car tuned or not ....
Old 12/16/11, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Angry

Un-Freakin'-Believable!!

The MUFFLERS caused the engine to malfunction?!

Good luck with it, Trev. I'd definitely be fighting that BS!
Old 12/16/11, 11:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That really sucks bro! I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 12/16/11, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Sounds like BS to me. Only a TUNE would allow the car to over-rev if it changed the limiter ... NO idea if you had you car tuned or not ....
I NEVER tuned my car, "santa" did get me a SCT but....It's still under the tree.
Originally Posted by Ronin38
Un-Freakin'-Believable!!

The MUFFLERS caused the engine to malfunction?!

Good luck with it, Trev. I'd definitely be fighting that BS!
Well, I have a call into the US Attorneys office, there zone rep so she can sit me down and explain to me how my A/Bs had ANY effect on the motor.

Originally Posted by Hytek
That really sucks bro! I'm sorry to hear that.
Well I am keeping my head up, its a car at the end of the day. I am alive, thats better then some can say. It sucks, I am VERY disheartened...but not much I can do. I drive the car "spirited" but not to a point that I feel was in excess or outside the parameters of the car.
Old 12/16/11, 02:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Did you PM Deysha, the Ford CSR on here? She can likely help escalate the process; it sure sounds like the dealership is in the wrong here. There are way too many examples of Mustang engines working fine with aftermarket exhaust for their argument to hold up. Sorry to hear it - keep us updated.
Old 12/16/11, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

*UPDATE*

I just had a talk with the district rep and she was VERY helpful, she agrees the exhaust had NO effect to the car she even made the statement off "the dealer has 3 cars with the same mufflers". She said she dosent care whether the car was ever catless and said she goes off what her eyes show her, and again made the statment that outside of emissions...there is no harm to the car. She talked to HER supior and ordered a new long block. She was curious how I knew from this morning it was the #8 cylinder and showed her this site of people with issues on #8. So again, I went and picked up my rental and went on my way....
Old 12/16/11, 03:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great news!

Some Dealers sure are trying to kill Ford's reputation.
Old 12/16/11, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slostang
*UPDATE*

I just had a talk with the district rep and she was VERY helpful, she agrees the exhaust had NO effect to the car she even made the statement off "the dealer has 3 cars with the same mufflers". She said she dosent care whether the car was ever catless and said she goes off what her eyes show her, and again made the statment that outside of emissions...there is no harm to the car. She talked to HER supior and ordered a new long block. She was curious how I knew from this morning it was the #8 cylinder and showed her this site of people with issues on #8. So again, I went and picked up my rental and went on my way....

Thanks for posting. I was about to blow a fuse for you. Between the 5 liters. mt82s, powershifts, and my ford touch is ford not eating some serious claims these days? It seems they cannot launch a new deal without big time problems.

Their quality is slacking to say the least. You just cant trust Ford anymore. Nice work Ford. Ford should not be trusted imo in the near future. They are shaky at best.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 12/16/11 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12/16/11, 04:05 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Originally Posted by chevys

Thanks for posting. I was about to blow a fuse for you. Between the 5 liters. mt82s, powershifts, and my ford touch is ford not eating some serious claims these days? It seems they cannot launch a new deal without big time problems.

Their quality is slacking to say the least. You just cant trust Ford anymore. Nice work Ford. Ford should not be trusted imo in the near future. They are shaky at best.
Figures a guy who's username is "chevys" would say this
Old 12/16/11, 04:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good to hear!
Old 12/16/11, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking
Figures a guy who's username is "chevys" would say this

Think what ever you will. Im a hard core Ford man but I dont drink the kool aid either. Im sick of this ****. I drive a 3 Mach 1 and I love it. Take a hike.
Old 12/16/11, 04:16 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

always speaking from experience
Old 12/16/11, 04:16 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Think what ever you will. Im a hard core Ford man but I dont drink the kool aid either. Im sick of this ****. I drive a 3 Mach 1 and I love it. Take a hike.
Old 12/16/11, 04:19 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Then why the username choice?

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Can't take a joke? That time of month?
Chill and grab a new pad
Old 12/16/11, 04:24 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

hes been that way for a long time
Old 12/16/11, 04:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
He still hasn't learned to shift a 6 spd.
Old 12/16/11, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you feel Ford is sssssooooo bad, sell yours and let the company fail from your lack of support.
Old 12/16/11, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
always speaking from experience
What is your problem?

Im tired of this ****. do yo have a problem with me? I have been a member for a while and Im sick and god **** tire of being vilionized. I am who I am and I love Mutstangs and I care aboutthem.

Im just tired of everytime you are critical you get abused. Cut me and I bleed Ford blue. But I dont drink the kool aid either! I try to keep it open an honest.

Im just sick and tired of the fan boys.

Last edited by 3Mach1; 12/16/11 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12/16/11, 04:51 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Keep it clean guys.

Don't make it personal. Stay on topic.

Quick Reply: 2012 5.0L engine failure - Warrenty Denied...