'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Sync question

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/13, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Sync question

Sync has been working well for the most part for me. About 2 weeks ago the phone commands arent recognizing what I'm saying. I have deleted and re-added my phone book, I even removed my phone and re-added it back.

If I say call John Doe Cell, it doesnt work. Regardless of who I say to call, it says something sortof inaudible like call dot cell? I dont know where Dot is coming from. I've reviewed my phone book and cant find any special characters or strange entries. Then it dials the first person in my list. I even removed them and it would still dial the first person.

It recognizes the commands like phone, media player or whatever. I even found where it will pronounce the name of the person in my phone book, and it is correct, but it wont dial it if I say it.....certainly torquing me off as I like the hands free while I'm driving.

I did update sync last year, is there a new update I can load? Any assistance would be helpful.
Thanks!
Old 10/17/13, 06:28 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is probably unrelated. But work keeping on this thread. My wife used emoji on contact names. This caused sync to lock up hard. Needed to turn off and back on.

Removing the emoji on contact names cleared it up.