Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Sync + iPod question

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/11, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sync + iPod question

So I have the older version of sync on my '10 GT and in an effort to improve the sound quality of my MP3s, I switched from a flash drive to an iPod attached through the USB port.

so my question is this:

I noticed that when I restart my car, it plays the last song I played when I shut the car off, but that is the only song it will play. If I hit next, it just restarts that song. In order to play the whole library again, I have to tell it to 'play all' or pick a genre, etc.

anyone experiencing this also or have any insight?
Old 8/24/11, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I know what you mean. For some reason it does that to me too. Let's say I'm playing an artist that was 40 songs and I'm playing song 20 of 40 when the car is turned off it resumes play of the song, but not # 20 of 40 it starts to play the album where the song is located.

My advice to just replay the entire artist or just make certain playlists through the iPod.
Old 8/24/11, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bones302
So I have the older version of sync on my '10 GT and in an effort to improve the sound quality of my MP3s, I switched from a flash drive to an iPod attached through the USB port.
So does it sound different? I would think it would sound exactly the same, since the iPod isn't really playing the music, is it? I would think that Sync is just using the iPod as a storage device, same as the flash drive, and it's the Mustang's stereo which is decoding the MP3 files.
Old 8/24/11, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

the music for me does sound better through an iPod because the iPod has the equalizer settings where the flash drive does not. Music sounds flatter though the flash drive, in my opinion.

I have upgraded the speakers all around and using the iPod's equalizer setting makes a difference for me, without having to add an amp. Try it yourself and see if you see a difference.
Old 8/24/11, 08:08 PM

The wife says the iPod needs to be set to "songs" "continuous play" and shuffle (optional).
I have no idea but that was her answer-she has sync in her 10 fusion sport. She runs the iPod thru USB and iPad thru Bluetooth. Hope this helps.
Old 8/25/11, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

i'll give it a try. thanks!
Old 8/25/11, 01:19 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bones302
so my question is this:
I noticed that when I restart my car, it plays the last song I played when I shut the car off, but that is the only song it will play. If I hit next, it just restarts that song. In order to play the whole library again, I have to tell it to 'play all' or pick a genre, etc.

anyone experiencing this also or have any insight?
Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
I think I know what you mean. For some reason it does that to me too. Let's say I'm playing an artist that was 40 songs and I'm playing song 20 of 40 when the car is turned off it resumes play of the song, but not # 20 of 40 it starts to play the album where the song is located.

My advice to just replay the entire artist or just make certain playlists through the iPod.
Hi bones302 & DaSFGiants4Life!

Have you checked iTunes to make sure your iPod is updated? I'd also recommend a soft reset to your iPod.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
~Jaclyn
Old 9/5/11, 02:44 AM
Bullitt Member

This happened to me too. Tell sync to turn repeat off.
I think the command is:
"Repeat Off"

Seriously, I hope this helps!
Old 9/5/11, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks!