Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Old 3/3/13, 04:51 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks
i`ll be checking monday. not sure why he didnt send me a sample of that. the material choices my supplier gave me so far for the 2010+ cars is cashmere, lt stone,and charcoal black in 2 smooth grains and a pebble i think hes holding back

for the 05-09 ive got oem parchment and charcoal in stock, and the option to get dove gray, crimson red and med. lt stone in the pebble grain. its taken me over a year to line up the oem materials, but thats the direction i want to go in. the aftermarket leathers we have are very nice too and cost a little less, so i`ll keep those options.

thanks guys for some feedback, really do appreciate it and i`m hoping to make some custom parts for the newest stangs real soon.
---
Hey Mike. You may already know about Katzkin, but I thought I'd give you some more info. My dealer installed custom Katzkin leather to my interior, including the door panels. It is far superior to Ford OEM. The color is very very close to the Ford Saddle OEM color. The Katzkin color is called "Aussie Canyon", but in smooth, not textured. Perhaps this may be an option for your company...? Either way you go, OEM or Katzkin, I'm gonna buy one!
Old 3/4/13, 06:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waht about Alcantra center piece ?
Old 3/4/13, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks pete. i know about katzkin, i dont know where they get the material they use. same with redline, they have alot of colors. i guess if we were big enough we could have hides made, but its like 50 hides to special order something. (like to get the saddle from the 1994 stangs that was discontinued)

i should know more after today, i`ll be calling in just a bit. we should be able to make the parts with alcantara also (we have that in stock) marcy is concerned about puckers as the alcan is kinda on the stiff side compared to leather but we havent tried one yet. we are pretty picky about our parts. i think it will be awesome and the material is thinner than leather so it should really fit nice.

on a sad note, i havent been able to sit down with her and nail any prices down as shes going through a bad time right now. her mom just got checked into a hospice house yesterday, maybe a couple days to a week to live. shes been staying at the hospital alot last week and at hospice now. shes doing shifts, some days, some nights with other family members so someone will be with her mom. i have to head down there this afternoon myself.

so it still might be a couple weeks to get it all together, but we will be on it. rich and josh confirmed the smooth charcoal and i`ll dbl check with the supplier and should be ordering some material today.
Old 3/4/13, 08:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
thanks pete. i know about katzkin, i dont know where they get the material they use. same with redline, they have alot of colors. i guess if we were big enough we could have hides made, but its like 50 hides to special order something. (like to get the saddle from the 1994 stangs that was discontinued)

i should know more after today, i`ll be calling in just a bit. we should be able to make the parts with alcantara also (we have that in stock) marcy is concerned about puckers as the alcan is kinda on the stiff side compared to leather but we havent tried one yet. we are pretty picky about our parts. i think it will be awesome and the material is thinner than leather so it should really fit nice.

on a sad note, i havent been able to sit down with her and nail any prices down as shes going through a bad time right now. her mom just got checked into a hospice house yesterday, maybe a couple days to a week to live. shes been staying at the hospital alot last week and at hospice now. shes doing shifts, some days, some nights with other family members so someone will be with her mom. i have to head down there this afternoon myself.

so it still might be a couple weeks to get it all together, but we will be on it. rich and josh confirmed the smooth charcoal and i`ll dbl check with the supplier and should be ordering some material today.
I'm sorry to hear about the hospice. There probably isn't anything more difficult. My sister is a director of a hospice in Arizona. She has some literature that I found comforting when someone passed in my life. If you would like me to email it, let me know.
Old 3/4/13, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

ok, got the smooth charcoal nailed down. the oem leathers are a very nice thick grade of leather.

on the saddle, they dont list "saddle" as a option for the 2011. the material supply house doesnt use the same names though as the dealers. they do list a cashmere though. both the smooth black and the cashmere are a NUDO grain leather.

tried to get a pic of the cashmere up against the charcoal for color, hard to capture. it does look a little darker/ creamy than the pic. kinda looks more whiteish in the pic. does this look in the ballpark to what you guys have? if you can, please post up any closeup pics of the saddle you have too, that will help alot.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf2866.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 3/4/13 at 09:37 AM.
Old 3/4/13, 09:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I'd love to get one too for my '11 premium with charcoal + cashmere insert. Any ideas on price?
Old 3/4/13, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I'm sorry to hear about the hospice. There probably isn't anything more difficult. My sister is a director of a hospice in Arizona. She has some literature that I found comforting when someone passed in my life. If you would like me to email it, let me know.
thanks rich, i`ll ask marcy today. they have the nicest people in the world working there. i just lost my ma and dad a few years ago, it is hard, i miss them every day.

hey kyle, i couldnt get her to think about pricing last night, but we`ll figure it out. we set the prices as low as we can. might be able to do a 2 tone cover. thats something we will have to think about also. thanks for asking. i posted this thread to get feedback, interests and ideas to help us get these parts in the lineup. this is really helping.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 3/4/13 at 09:19 AM.
Old 3/4/13, 03:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. i posted this thread to get feedback, interests and ideas to help us get these parts in the lineup. this is really helping.
If you need a "tester," let me know!
Old 3/4/13, 05:47 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Mike. Your Cashmere is more like White or Stone. It's not close to Ford's Saddle. Ford's Saddle is more like a baseball-glove-brown. Here's some pics of my interior, maybe this will help:

Old 3/4/13, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks, perfect, thats what i needed to see, and what i expected for a saddle. i dont know why the supplier couldnt find that. the cashmere is a creamy color, very nice but real light in color. i`ll call back tomorrow and email him your pic, hoefully that will do the trick.

hey jskup1, we`ve already spent a month or more like 2 working up the pattern for the cover and after 1/2 dozen pattern tweeks and a half dozen test covers trying to make it production friendly for us, we feel good about it. the one in the first post has been installed on a car. it worked out really nice. now its just a matter of getting the materials together, getting the part up for sale on the website and a install writeup.
Old 3/4/13, 07:59 PM
GT Member

I will take one just like the photo black leather white stitching looks great!
Old 3/4/13, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Earlsays
thanks earl, i thought it looked pretty sweet myself. when we get these up for sale, in all fairness and depending what materials i can get i`ll figure out a way and go back through the thread and offer them in the order of interest posts to the forum members before we go public with them.
Old 3/4/13, 09:17 PM
GT Member

These will be a must have from what I see already!
Old 3/5/13, 04:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Subscribing to post. That looks really good. I will be ordering one of these as soon as they become available. I have been wanting one as my 2013's arm rest is 10x more uncomfortable than my 06 was.
Old 3/5/13, 06:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

we should be able to make the parts with alcantara also (we have that in stock) marcy is concerned about puckers as the alcan is kinda on the stiff side compared to leather but we havent tried one yet. we are pretty picky about our parts. i think it will be awesome and the material is thinner than leather so it should really fit nice.
Yes I know you guys only do quality stuff and not concerned about it..

About the alcantra, would be nice if you follow the GT/CS theme and only make the center piece in Alcantra and leave the sides in leather. Would be esaier for you I guess ?
Old 3/5/13, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by bones302
wish there was a way to pad the cup holder lid without interfering with the ability to open/close it....

I tend to rest my hand on the shifter and my elbow sits on that door.

I would like the lid padded as well.
Old 3/5/13, 06:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks earl, i thought it looked pretty sweet myself. when we get these up for sale, in all fairness and depending what materials i can get i`ll figure out a way and go back through the thread and offer them in the order of interest posts to the forum members before we go public with them.
Now that's customer service, good idea
Old 3/5/13, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Earlsays
same here
Old 3/5/13, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

Defiantly going to get one of these for the 6'er!
Old 3/5/13, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

With my hand on the shifter (in 2nd gear) my elbow sits directly on that **** console button....opening it up on occasion. SO the padded console lid defeats teh purpose for me.

I think that a better products would be to add a padded piece to the cup holder lid. By doing this it would lift drivers forearms up where the elbow would not open the console.

That piece along with your NEW product wodul work perfectly...in tandem!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers