The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Interior and Audio (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/)
-   -   Adding OEM Reverse Camera to Nav (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/adding-oem-reverse-camera-nav-526815/)

Siber Express 1/1/14 08:11 AM

Going to talk to our local guy at American Radio here Monday. He works with Ford and United Radio in New York on his rebuilt stuff. He is the guy that does all the Dealership work around our area.

Siber Express 3/20/14 06:43 PM

Just an update. The Lockpick worked wonders, I thought the camera was bad since it had the same distortion as my friends did in his F150 when the Ford dealer replaced the camera. Checked and then redid all the connections, service manager at the local dealership made the remark about someone else that did the same thing as me except the dealership did it and said to switch the video wires, works like a champ :nice:

jim010 3/21/14 06:26 PM

Distortions?

Siber Express 3/21/14 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by jim010 (Post 6776062)
Distortions?

Wavy lines, not a clear picture, Distorted.

jim010 3/21/14 09:09 PM

Maybe I should have asked a full question rather than using a single word.

I know what distorted is, I was only wondering what kind of distortion you were getting.

Siber Express 3/22/14 05:16 AM

Wavy lines, not a clear image, really grainy and little to no color. It was like you needed to turn the wheel on the outside of the tuner to get it all the way on channel because you are between channels.

jim010 3/22/14 10:48 AM

Interesting. And just switching the wires fixed it?

Glad its working now.

By the way, not sure if you noticed, but if you hold down the Sync voice button, the rear camera activates and stays on.

Siber Express 3/22/14 03:10 PM

Now I need to get a Camera fo go out the front, it also has it so you can hook up a separate camera for both sides that come on with the turn signals.
The wife likes the video in motion, she hates long drives so now she can watch movies on the way :D

Anton Saman 11/2/18 10:29 AM

i have a 2012 with no nav, is it the same?!

Jkoogler 11/11/18 05:15 PM

if you have a vcm you can program your car to have that code from a car with back up camera.

Mikecall 5/7/20 01:08 PM

I've been following this for a year or two now and finally decided to bite the bullet, since the after market units look like absolute crap. I've read through most of this and it doesn't sound like too bad of a mod to do. However, it will definitely be the biggest mod, I have done on my 2013, so I am slightly worried about not having everything correct or missing something, where I have to either put everything back together to try again later or have my car completely apart until I get the missing part(s). I have most of the parts in Jim010's list, and I'm planning to go the extra step, doing the dual zone climate control. I have a few questions though and was hoping any of you might be able to help me out here, a lot of them are more about the evaporator housing (DR3Z-19850-B) than anything else.

These first two are more of just conformation questions to make sure, I have read all this right, and the rest are just things that I couldn't find in the comments I read, but anyways.
  1. The evaporator housing (DR3Z-19850-B) is a part on a dual zone evaporator core/evaporator assembly and I need to buy the whole dual zone evaporator core/evaporator assembly, since the evaporator housing is not typically sold separately?
  2. The evaporator housing needs to be swapped off the dual zone evaporator core/evaporator assembly and installed onto the single zone evaporator core/evaporator assembly that's already in the car, so I won't have to drain the freon?
  3. Does anyone have any better pictures of the evaporator housing (DR3Z-19850-B) and/or have any tips to keep in mind when buying it, since it's one of the most expensive parts, I'm trying to avoid buying the wrong thing?
  4. When I search for the evaporator housing (DR3Z-19850-B), the only thing that comes up is a replacement/substitute part # DR3Z-19850-D, are they the same thing? Does this still work, or do I have to get DR3Z-19850-B for all this to work in my 2013?
  5. I read somewhere in here, that the main dash harness has to be the car's build date or greater, I'm having trouble finding a 2013 harness that supports heated seats and the nav with a build date of 11/12. Does anyone have the part number for a harness that should work? The ford dealers in the area are all owned by a family friend, who knows me and my car too well and won't help me locate the part number since ford says it can't be done. I'm tired of being told if I want to add nav to my car, I should trade my car in for a newer model instead.
  6. Is removing the steering wheel to do everything required or just highly recommended to make things easier? I already had to remove my steering wheel in the past and I wasn't the biggest fan of doing it then, if I can avoid doing it again I would rather do that instead.

Any help on any of this is appreciated, thanks in advance for anyone who can help!!

New to the site, just ignore the above.

rick4764 10/27/20 10:22 PM

Things kind of slowed down for a while with the covid virus and such disrupting work. Money got kind of tight for a while. It is now time to continue the Navigation project on my 2013 Mustang GT Premium. I have almost everything I need. I missed one thing, I need to buy the video cable that goes from the ACM to the screen. The part number is AR3Z-10E929-A. I checked our three local Ford dealers and several online. The cable has been discontinued. Does anyone have any ideas on what to use in its place or maybe where I can find one? Thanks,

Rick

wwwii63 11/13/22 07:32 PM

For those of you attempting this in the future, WPT-1130 is discontinued and is now WPT-1580. Hope this helps