Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Adding the OEM nav

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/17, 12:49 PM
S-550 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cholmes1
Thank you. Are you referring to the rear deck lid or physically squeezed between the rear seats and the trunk access?

Between the rear seat and rear deck right at the split. Ill get a picture of it. Its not permanent yet though. I can try and put it under the dash and see if it works fine.
Old 7/25/17, 01:23 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RRS197
Between the rear seat and rear deck right at the split. Ill get a picture of it. Its not permanent yet though. I can try and put it under the dash and see if it works fine.
I see. I may try that. I would imagine if I cut the 'trunk attachment' bolt from the bottom I could likely rig some velcro so that it rides flush on the rear deck.

My biggest concern is that I don't want to wire everything up only to find the dash needs to come out again so I can run the GPS antenna wire to the rear due to a bad signal.

Please don't go to any additional trouble of moving yours. Pictures of your current setup would be great.
Old 7/27/17, 03:02 AM
S-550 Member

I see. I may try that. I would imagine if I cut the 'trunk attachment' bolt from the bottom I could likely rig some velcro so that it rides flush on the rear deck.

My biggest concern is that I don't want to wire everything up only to find the dash needs to come out again so I can run the GPS antenna wire to the rear due to a bad signal.

Please don't go to any additional trouble of moving yours. Pictures of your current setup would be great.

Its alright i dont mind its not on there permanently. But i did move it to under the dash right behind the cig/12 volt lighter and i can confirm that gps still works.

Back seat Under dash
Old 7/27/17, 04:35 PM

I have a question about navi swap to my 2011 shelby. Everything works except the climate control, it is reversed. i did use the part CR3Z 19980 B. Any idea why is that? Please let me know if you have any idea, thanks a lot. 6043381777 tom
Old 8/1/17, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RRS197
Its alright i dont mind its not on there permanently. But i did move it to under the dash right behind the cig/12 volt lighter and i can confirm that gps still works.

Back seat Under dash
Outstanding! Thank you for taking the time to try out the GPS under the dash. Very happy to know it will work while moving. I will likely rig the bottom of the antenna with double sided tape and rest it on top of the center vent gap.

Thank you again!
Old 8/28/17, 07:01 PM

I followed the instructions and put a oem nav in my 2013. Having a couple of problems. 1.The AC speed doesn't change with the push button (the original faceplate had a dial). If I plug the original faceplate back on the speed will change with the dial. 2. I had sound until the other day I went out and started the car and all the features of the gps/radio work except sound, sync even reponds to my voice, but I cannot hear the beeps from the screen, sync talking, or the radio. It shows the volume going up and down but no sound. Please help!

Thanks!!
Old 9/14/17, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found this thread and started to get parts. I have a few questions mostly around the amp. I rather not pull the car apart to run a full body harness. I want to use a aftermarket amp and wire it. can someone point me if there is an adapter to simplify the connection and a how too.
Old 9/14/17, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by MeanOne
I followed the instructions and put a oem nav in my 2013. Having a couple of problems. 1.The AC speed doesn't change with the push button (the original faceplate had a dial). If I plug the original faceplate back on the speed will change with the dial. 2. I had sound until the other day I went out and started the car and all the features of the gps/radio work except sound, sync even reponds to my voice, but I cannot hear the beeps from the screen, sync talking, or the radio. It shows the volume going up and down but no sound. Please help!

Thanks!!
Update!!!! I fixed the sound problem. Now just have the air issue. I am ok with the dual controls not working, but the speed and temperature will not change on the new faceplate but if I plug the other dial plate in it will work.
Old 9/18/17, 08:15 PM
V6 Member

adding back up camera function. found this on focus site does some know which apim line has to be modified?
http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-s...ra-option.html
Old 10/4/17, 01:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lzbcc
I have a question about navi swap to my 2011 shelby. Everything works except the climate control, it is reversed. i did use the part CR3Z 19980 B. Any idea why is that? Please let me know if you have any idea, thanks a lot. 6043381777 tom

I had a little bit of time to do some troubleshooting. I checked my climate control module and it is a different model number than CR3Z 19980 B. I ordered a new one and when it comes in, I'll let you know. I ordered all parts from White Bear. They originally sent me the wrong climate control harness. I'm guessing they sent me the wrong control module too. We'll see.
Old 10/4/17, 02:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I hope they did an exchange for you.
Old 12/5/17, 10:21 PM

I have a 6 speed 2011 Race Red V6 premium with no Nav. Always wanted to install the factory nav so I collected all the parts, in fact, too many parts. I have three bezels, two screens, two sync modules... pretty much multiple of everything but only one main dash harness.

Here is the problem... after reading this thread I realized that I just can't do all the work... my hands are too big to swap the harness with the dash on. In terms of removing the dash, I just can not do something like that...

I see two ways out of it. Either someone can help me with the install (I will pay $60/hr) or I will just sell all the parts. Just FYI, I am located in the Southern VA (Close to NC & WV).

Anyone?
Old 12/6/17, 07:51 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Levine
I have a 6 speed 2011 Race Red V6 premium with no Nav. Always wanted to install the factory nav so I collected all the parts, in fact, too many parts. I have three bezels, two screens, two sync modules... pretty much multiple of everything but only one main dash harness.

Here is the problem... after reading this thread I realized that I just can't do all the work... my hands are too big to swap the harness with the dash on. In terms of removing the dash, I just can not do something like that...

I see two ways out of it. Either someone can help me with the install (I will pay $60/hr) or I will just sell all the parts. Just FYI, I am located in the Southern VA (Close to NC & WV).

Anyone?
Hello Levine,

I am in CO so I would not be able to assist, but I do think you may find some help if you look at additional Mustang forums under your specific region. For example, my Boss 302 forum as a 'Mountain Zone' group. I am certain other forums have similar breakdowns.

That said, taking the dash out is tedious, but certainly something that can be done by two people familiar with the car. I was lead by Lexiion here in CO who is very familiar with all aspects of the process and did an amazing job. Hopefully you can find someone like that in your area. If you are unable to find anyone to help I would have an interest in seeing your 'extra screen and bezels' as mine are in rough shape.

Good luck. I hope you are able to find someone.

Best,
Charles
Old 12/6/17, 08:33 AM

Hello Levine,

I am in CO so I would not be able to assist, but I do think you may find some help if you look at additional Mustang forums under your specific region. For example, my Boss 302 forum as a 'Mountain Zone' group. I am certain other forums have similar breakdowns.

That said, taking the dash out is tedious, but certainly something that can be done by two people familiar with the car. I was lead by Lexiion here in CO who is very familiar with all aspects of the process and did an amazing job. Hopefully you can find someone like that in your area. If you are unable to find anyone to help I would have an interest in seeing your 'extra screen and bezels' as mine are in rough shape.

Good luck. I hope you are able to find someone.

Best,
Charles

Thanks. I did call my local audio shop and they gasped at the idea of doing what I wanted to do. Perhaps I can find someone else in my area but I am skeptical. I will be posting pictures later this evening of all the parts that I have.
Old 12/6/17, 08:43 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by Levine
Thanks. I did call my local audio shop and they gasped at the idea of doing what I wanted to do. Perhaps I can find someone else in my area but I am skeptical. I will be posting pictures later this evening of all the parts that I have.
While you would think they would know how to do the job, I doubt they get many (or any) requests to install factory equipment. I'd bet most of all of their jobs involve removing and discarding the factory pieces.
Old 12/6/17, 05:46 PM

--deleted--

Last edited by Levine; 12/9/17 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12/8/17, 10:19 AM

--deleted--

Last edited by Levine; 12/9/17 at 09:26 PM.
Old 1/14/18, 12:31 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the radio controls for sale
Old 1/17/18, 07:24 PM

Factory shaker

Sorry if this was covered already. Don’t really have time to read over 700 posts. Lol. I have a 2012 that has the factory shaker system from the factory. Would I still need a different amp?
Old 1/17/18, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

You certainly don’t need to read all 700 posts, but I believe your question is answered in the first three posts.

Quick Reply: Adding the OEM nav