The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Interior and Audio (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/)
-   -   Adding OEM Cooled Seats to 2013 Mustang is it Possible? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f803/adding-oem-cooled-seats-2013-mustang-possible-542927/)

Bedrat2 11/16/16 01:33 AM

Adding OEM Cooled Seats to 2013 Mustang is it Possible?

3 Attachment(s)
I’ve had this crazy notion in my head for a bit, what if Ford had offered factor cooled seats in the 2010 -2014 Mustang. I know you could go aftermarket and that’s always an option, but I think it would be fun to have everything look and function like factor. If you look at the HVAC controls on the Mustangs with the Factor Navigation they are almost identical to the 2009 – 2012 Ford F-150s with Navigation other than the knobs are a little beefier on the F-150. So I did a bit of research and they seem to be the same part for the most part. So the f-150 Part number I would be looking for is BL3T-18A802-DC thru DE which is the control panel with 8” touch screen, heated and cooled seats with rear defrost. They also have just the F-150 HVAC control panel with 8” touch screen, heated seats only, with rear defrost part number BL3T-18A802-CD does anyone know if that matches the Mustang HVAC control panel from 2010-2014?

Anyone out there with the F-150 wiring harness manual with pin outs who would be willing to email or PM it to me? I’ve been looking online but don’t feel like spending any money on this project if it turns out it can’t be done. I have the Mustang Shop Manual from Helm Inc. so I have all the Mustang diagrams I just need to compare them to the F-150 diagrams.

The other problem I for see is the As Build Data, when I installed my back up cam I had to change the As Build Data to data from a car that was identical options as mine with the backup camera activated. As Ford did not offer factory cooled seats would the BCM just freak out and not activate them even if there was a call from the HVAC controls for the cooled seats to be turned on? Also the F-150 has 3 setting for the heated seats and cooled seats does that mean that I would now have 3 setting because the with each click of the button is that changing the voltage or is it sending a command to the BCM telling it what setting you have your seat at. The other option is that the F-150 has a different relay set up then the mustang as well but could you wire it up like the F-150.

Any help would be awesome. I know it would be a lot of work just to keep that factory look, but how awesome would it be to pull up to a car show and someone peeks their head in the window and has that WTF moment when they see that cooled seat button because we all know that Ford didn’t offer it. Plus OEM is just sometimes the best way to go even if it is not the easiest.

Attachment 184513
F-150 HVAC Controls Part Number

Attachment 184514
F-150 HVAC Controls Front

Attachment 184515
Mustang HVAC Controls Front

berzerk_1980 11/16/16 08:38 AM

Subscribed.

Did I miss the part where the cold air gets to the seat?

Bedrat2 11/16/16 09:30 AM

That's the easy part. The F-150 has a back and bottom fan that blows air on your back and butt. My goal due to the cost it to get a hold of the front seats from a totaled F-150 from the junk yard, most likely with the side airbags blown and cannibalize the two seats for there guts. I found on the F-150 forum that a guy put cooled seats in his Raptor and he explains how he installed them but he didn't go as far as getting the buttons on the HVAC controls to work. He just made his own harness and then wired in a independent switch. If you wanted to do it with all new parts the part numbers are:

Seat Back Blower Motor: AA5Z-19N550-A
Left Seat Cushion Blower Motor:8A5Z-19N550-C
Right Seat Cushion Blower Motor:8A5Z-19N550-B
Right Duct Seat Back:9L3Z-18D507-B
Left Duct Seat Back:9L3Z-18D507-B
Right Duct Seat Bottom:9L3Z-18D507-A
Left Duct Seat Bottom: 9L3Z-18D507-A

The ducts are important because it helps disperse the air all over the seat also you need perforated leather as well. Which I do.