Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Spoiler Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/11, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler Installation Question

So I just got my first Mustang just over a week ago, a 12' Mustang GT. Unfortunately the vehicle I got had everything I was looking for (white GT Premium w/Brembo Package) but it had the spoiler delete factory option. I am still trying to decide on the California Special spoiler or the one that comes on the stock GT. I am leaning towards the CS spoiler at this point...SO my question is, to install the spoiler will it require hole drilling or is it attached another way? Is hole drilling something I want to avoid at all costs or is it not that big of a deal? I am probably going to grab the spoiler from American Muscle, links to the two I am trying to decide on are below. Any other recommendations on where to buy or anything else will be appreciated.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-p...iler-1012.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-oe-spoiler-1012.html

THANKS
Old 11/14/11, 04:35 AM
Bullitt Member

First off welcome to TMS!
Since your car has the spoiler delete option then that means your gonna have to drill some holes in order to mount and secure the new spoiler. You can get it dont by a body shop or for absolute peace of mind you can try trusting your dealer to do it. I dont remember how many but i think it might be 8 holes for the CS spoiler?
Old 11/14/11, 04:39 PM

Thank you. I feel like i have a lot of catching up to do. How about for the stock GT's spoiler. It's the smaller one. Would that require drilling holes?
Old 11/14/11, 04:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pablo0620
Thank you. I feel like i have a lot of catching up to do. How about for the stock GT's spoiler. It's the smaller one. Would that require drilling holes?
yes, 4 holes
Old 11/14/11, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

All spoilers require drilling holes in order to securely mount them. Otherwise someone behind ya is gonna have a really bad day lol
Old 11/14/11, 05:40 PM
GT Member

If you want to see how different spoilers would look on your car, check this out:

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/customizer/

You may also want to take a look at the GT500 spoiler on your car.
Old 11/14/11, 08:52 PM

Thanks guys. I already am feeling a part of the community.
Old 11/14/11, 09:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
I went from the Stock GT spoiler to the Pedestal spoiler on mine, but it was something I planned on doing even before I got the car.

IMO the Pedestal is a much nicer spoiler than the stock GT

Last edited by Siber Express; 11/14/11 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11/14/11, 09:40 PM

Very nice. Yeah I like the look of the pedestal spoiler. Its a little more spoiler while maintaining that clean factory look. Looks great with stripes too.
Old 11/14/11, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Since were on the spoiler topic in debating between the gt500, pedestal, and roush wings. Any opinions?
Oh and ill be gettin a matte black decklid panel shortly!
Attached Images  
Old 11/14/11, 10:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinoy361
Since were on the spoiler topic in debating between the gt500, pedestal, and roush wings. Any opinions?
Oh and ill be gettin a matte black decklid panel shortly!
GT500. I think it helps square up the rear end where the panel and tail lights lean forward above the bumper. But I am a bit partial.

I think the angle and the length of it also gives the appearance that the car has a more aggressive rake.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/14/11 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11/14/11, 10:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Pablo0620
So I just got my first Mustang just over a week ago, a 12' Mustang GT. Unfortunately the vehicle I got had everything I was looking for (white GT Premium w/Brembo Package) but it had the spoiler delete factory option. I am still trying to decide on the California Special spoiler or the one that comes on the stock GT. I am leaning towards the CS spoiler at this point...SO my question is, to install the spoiler will it require hole drilling or is it attached another way? Is hole drilling something I want to avoid at all costs or is it not that big of a deal? I am probably going to grab the spoiler from American Muscle, links to the two I am trying to decide on are below. Any other recommendations on where to buy or anything else will be appreciated.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-p...iler-1012.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-oe-spoiler-1012.html

THANKS
Pablo, Welcome to TMS! Only OE spoilers have the quality and fitment you want, especially if you decide on the GT/CS pedestal spoiler. There's plenty of information already posted, just search on "pedestal spoiler". I've installed a few spoilers, so I have experience with both OE and aftermarket versions.

BTW, I installed a pedestal spoiler on my wife's grabber blue 2011 MCA edition, so I have its original base GT spoiler for sale if you're intersted, and I live in so FL.

Last edited by SoFlaBoss; 11/16/11 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11/14/11, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

GT500. I think it helps square up the rear end where the panel and tail lights lean forward above the bumper. But I am a bit partial.

I think the angle and the length of it also gives the appearance that the car has a more aggressive rake.
Dude i freakin love your car! If you ever get tired of it and wanna upgrade to that '13 ill gladly take it off ur hands (;
And ill be lowering it soon too, and idl what it is but theres somethin bout the pedestal that i really like. The gt500 wing looks great but i just have a lowly v6, not worthy of that kinda wing :P
Old 11/14/11, 10:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinoy361
Dude i freakin love your car! If you ever get tired of it and wanna upgrade to that '13 ill gladly take it off ur hands (;
And ill be lowering it soon too, and idl what it is but theres somethin bout the pedestal that i really like. The gt500 wing looks great but i just have a lowly v6, not worthy of that kinda wing :P
Thanks. I've always liked pedestal spoilers too, the GT/CS included. But I'm not sure I like it as well as the 500 spoiler on the '10+ up rear with the angles back there. Although I would definitely want it over the regular GT spoiler, for me the regular spoiler just doesn't do it on that rear end. But I am a bit weird, I preferred spoiler delete on the 05-09 cars, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old 11/14/11, 10:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Thanks. I've always liked pedestal spoilers too, the GT/CS included. But I'm not sure I like it as well as the 500 spoiler on the '10+ up rear with the angles back there. Although I would definitely want it over the regular GT spoiler, for me the regular spoiler just doesn't do it on that rear end. But I am a bit weird, I preferred spoiler delete on the 05-09 cars, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Oh trust me im the same way with new edge and 05-09 cars. Thought they all looked clean without any rear spoiler (cobra being exception)
Old 11/17/11, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the factory GT spoiler and installed the Pedestal spoiler. The factory spoiler requires 4 holes. The Pedestal spoiler (CS Spoiler) has 8 holes. I found a 3dCarbon GT500 spoiler on Craigslist and picked that up and that's what I have installed now. I like it much better. Now I'm wishing I hadn't drilled those holes for the pedestal spoiler.
Old 11/18/11, 10:04 AM
GT Member

just a thought, but you could always try to find someone who has a white car and WANTS the spoiler delete look and trade for one with the holes already drilled and spoiler installed.
Old 1/13/12, 08:45 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
I went from the Stock GT spoiler to the Pedestal spoiler on mine, but it was something I planned on doing even before I got the car.

IMO the Pedestal is a much nicer spoiler than the stock GT

Your pedestal spoiler looks great! Can you please give me the details? Where you bought it, how much $, where you got it painted, installed, prices for all...? Thanks!
Old 1/13/12, 09:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here's my latest install..before and after

Old 1/14/12, 12:46 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Steve - same questions for you please...Your pedestal spoiler looks great! Can you please give me the details? Where you bought it, how much $, where you got it painted, installed, prices for all...? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Spoiler Installation Question