Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Roush 20" Chrome Wheels Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/14, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Roush 20" Chrome Wheels Installed!

I really liked how the factory black machined face wheels looked on my California Special but the narrow width of the rims and offset ultimately wasn't going to do it for me. The 245 width P Zeros were rather pedestrian and looked a bit odd tucked so far under the body.

I'm a huge 5 spoke wheel fan and was going back and forth between a few wheel choices. I decided to go with the Roush 20" wheels since they have a classy understated look to them. I ordered a complete wheel/tire package mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors through Late Model Restoration. They were drop shipped from Roush and I received them via UPS freight in a little less than a week.

I'm sure glad these came with "free shipping"

The tires are the Roush/Cooper co-developed Zeon RS3-S in 275/35-20

For all you detail enthusiasts out there, here are the wheels after coating them in CarPro CQuartz UK edition ceramic quartz coating. The coating is semi-permanent coating that is claimed to last up to 2 years. It basically makes the wheels extremely easy to maintain as nothing wants to stick to them. It also creates a hard surface layer that resists fine scratches from normal cleaning.

I also went with Gorilla Lock's chrome wheel lock kit where every lug nut is a lock. It's gonna take some time to steal these bad boys! I also coated them in CQuartz UK.

Enough blabbing, here's a bunch of pics of the new look!

Old 9/27/14, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice, the chrome wheel and blue paint really pops
Old 9/27/14, 08:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a fan of chrome but that set-up looks awesome on you car. Nice job!
Old 9/27/14, 10:30 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by NacsMXer
I really liked how the factory black machined face wheels looked on my California Special but the narrow width of the rims and offset ultimately wasn't going to do it for me. The 245 width P Zeros were rather pedestrian and looked a bit odd tucked so far under the body.
There ya go man, that looks like a whole new car. The blue and chrome with the stripe looks amazing! Nice tires too
Old 9/28/14, 12:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,680 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikey P
Very nice, the chrome wheel and blue paint really pops
^^What he said. That looks great.
You're going to like those tires too.
Old 9/29/14, 09:09 AM
GT Member

Thanks fellas, it's amazing how different wheels can totally change the look of your car.

I forgot to mention that I also installed the Roush steering rack stop kit meant to go with these wheels. Everything works like stock and I get no rubbing at full lock.

Old 9/29/14, 09:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
chrome looks so good on dib. it complete transformed the looks.
Old 9/29/14, 09:33 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CiniZter
chrome looks so good on dib. it complete transformed the looks.
Thanks, i'm glad I went with the chrome. I was also considering the Hyper Blacks which are also a sweet finish option, but I thought they looked just kind of "meh" on DIB.

The chrome version definitely adds that pop on this color.
Old 9/29/14, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a huge 5 spoke wheel fan and was going back and forth between a few wheel choices. I decided to go with the Roush 20" wheels since they have a classy understated look to them. I ordered a complete wheel/tire package mounted and balanced with TPMS sensors through Late Model Restoration. They were drop shipped from Roush and I received them via UPS freight in a little less than a week.

I'm sure glad these came with "free shipping"

The tires are the Roush/Cooper co-developed Zeon RS3-S in 275/35-20

For all you detail enthusiasts out there, here are the wheels after coating them in CarPro CQuartz UK edition ceramic quartz coating. The coating is semi-permanent coating that is claimed to last up to 2 years. It basically makes the wheels extremely easy to maintain as nothing wants to stick to them. It also creates a hard surface layer that resists fine scratches from normal cleaning.

I also went with Gorilla Lock's chrome wheel lock kit where every lug nut is a lock. It's gonna take some time to steal these bad boys! I also coated them in CQuartz UK.

Enough blabbing, here's a bunch of pics of the new look!

Awesome... Just Awesome!!
Old 9/29/14, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks fellas, it's amazing how different wheels can totally change the look of your car.

I forgot to mention that I also installed the Roush steering rack stop kit meant to go with these wheels. Everything works like stock and I get no rubbing at full lock.
Is the steering rack necessary? Do they rub or something otherwise? I'm considering the hyper black wheels. Are they 20x10?
Old 9/30/14, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mustang5o
Is the steering rack necessary? Do they rub or something otherwise? I'm considering the hyper black wheels. Are they 20x10?
The wheels are 20x9.5. This is straight out of Roush's catalog: " Each set of 20" wheels requires one Steering Rack Stops and Clamps Kit (part #404476)."

Installation wasn't too bad. Just drop the service panel and remove the Oetiker clamps from the steering rack boots. Slide the boots back out of the way and install each steering rack spacer as outboard as possible onto the rack shaft. Then slide the boots back to where they need to be. Hardest part was creating a new crimp to properly clamp the new Oetiker clamps. I didn't have Oetiker clamp pliers, so I used a set of end nipper pliers to carefully create a new crimp. The clamps are nice and tight.