The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   MCA Grille on 2013 GT (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/mca-grille-2013-gt-520070/)

Cobrakit 3/25/13 08:11 AM

MCA Grille on 2013 GT

Anybody install MCA grill on 2013 GT? Grille by itself does not fit GT surround/reinforcement/adapter :doh:

Ag13GT 5/3/13 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cobrakit (Post 6585062)
Anybody install MCA grill on 2013 GT? Grille by itself does not fit GT surround/reinforcement/adapter :doh:

Any luck with this? I was aboout to order parts to make the same mod, putting the upper and lower 2013 MCA grilles on my '13 GT, until I saw your message. I had previously understood that the grilles on '13 models were interchangeable.

3.73-11 5/3/13 06:43 PM

^you just run the grille itself you don't reuse the stock gt surround on the 13/14 models.

DRB 5/3/13 06:56 PM

I believe TheDivaDanielle put a California Special grille on her GT - isn't that the same as the MCA grille except for color?

TheDivaDanielle 5/4/13 07:04 PM

the V6 and GT lowers are interchangeable.

The V6 grilles are interchangeable up top and the GT's are with other GT's, because the difference is the grille surround. You can still swap them though. just a v6 for v6 and a GT for GT is easily done w/out the surround change too.

Cobrakit 5/5/13 05:49 AM

There 3 pieces that made up my gt grille. I only used the outer most piece from the gt with the MCA grille. IF I remember it's called a reinforcement. the piece that attaches to the gt grille is called a surround. they both had tabs and clipped into each other. WRT to MCA looks good but fels like you good just pull it free easilly. lower tabs don't seem to hold well. overal grille looks great on my black car. if I had any other color would probably had gone with cs grille. I believe they are the same design. will try to post pic.

Lower is a direct swap.

Cobrakit 5/16/13 05:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
MCA Grille on my Black 13 GT. I went with MCA vice CS for color contrast. Still deciding on Tripony! Like to get rid of license plate, dealer installed before I bought car :drool:

MADSCOTSMAN 5/16/13 12:27 PM

Looks good, I went the AMR grille route with a tribar emblem from them as well:
[IMG]http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps51fccf17.jpg[/IMG]

Cristoff 5/16/13 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cobrakit (Post 6625439)
MCA Grille on my Black 13 GT. I went with MCA vice CS for color contrast. Still deciding on Tripony! Like to get rid of license plate, dealer installed before I bought car :drool:

One of my first mods was to REMOVE the tripony. I think it looks MUCH cleaner without it.

TheDivaDanielle 5/16/13 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cristoff (Post 6625702)

One of my first mods was to REMOVE the tripony. I think it looks MUCH cleaner without it.

Oddly, I feel the opposite. That tripony immediately adds all the heritage, that it rightfully earned.

Cristoff 5/16/13 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6625724)
Oddly, I feel the opposite. That tripony immediately adds all the heritage, that it rightfully earned.

I agree with that in theory, but unfortunately my OCD for having things symmetrical quickly overcame any thoughts of heritage...

I did however buy it from Heritage Ford in Modesto, does that count?

DRB 5/17/13 04:43 PM

Yeah, I like the tripony on mine.

tezz 7/10/13 12:20 AM

Who's got the best prices on the '13 MCA/CS grills? Levitown want around $450 for the three pieces shipped....

Cobrakit 7/10/13 03:59 AM

Try. toulsey ford and also go to ebay and try tasca ford> There's an upper grille with emblem and a lower grille.

tezz 7/11/13 09:18 PM

Thanks - best $ was Tasca online sells CS grilles for 151.78 - same upper and lower.
Levitown sells the upper for 219.45 but lower for 137.50. They would probably match Tasca's price though on the upper.
So for my 2013 - if I'm reading correctly - I don't need the mount (BR3Z-8419-AA) that Ford says is needed for the '11-'12?

tezz 7/12/13 10:45 PM

oops - the $151 price was not for the '13 - the best price so far on the upper DR3Z-8200-BE found is $219 (Levitown or Toulsey)

perci100 9/17/15 11:48 AM

I just bought the MCA grill for my 2014 GT , Everything i am seeing says you need to remove the bumper however i heard all you really need to do is tape off the area in front of the grill and yank it out? is that the truth? what about the fogs?

I saw a video on youtube of someone doing that with the CDC grill, they just yanked out the GT grill , cut the fogs out with a hack saw and snapped in the CDC grill.

My stupid community yells at me any time I put a jack under a car ( lots of nosy neighbors with nothing better to do than complain) I just want to get it done quick. If not i might pay someone but id feel dumb since its so easy

CBJ 9/19/15 04:40 PM

You can yank both but it takes a bit of force(the bottom more than the top) and you may break a tab on your current..but it can be done rather simple by what you described. Fogs will come out with the grill.

Find a shop who won't charge you too much if you pay..it's increadibly easy to remove the entire front, should be childs play for a mechanic.

JimC 9/19/15 08:41 PM

When CDC swapped the MCA grille on my car with the Performance Grille all they did was tape off the area to avoid scratching it and pull straight back. No broken tabs and no issues. No need to remove the front fascia.

The 2013/14 grilles are interchangeable between the V6 and GT. Only the GT500 grilles are different.