Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Let's See Your Concave Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/14, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by ford20
What's the little badge under the 5.0?

I would love a set of G1AR's 19x10's and 20lbs. each

+1 on G1AR's, actually I dont think I've seen a Forgeline wheel that I didnt like. They will have to be I won the lottery wheels.
Old 3/16/14, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=FromZto5;6769118]Ok… it's about time I posted for real, and contributed to this thread Finished my install yesterday, test drove today, no issues. Love the new setup. Niche Milans, 20x8.5 front with a 35mm offset wearing 255s nitto nt555, 20x10 rear with a 40mm offset wearing 305 nitto nt555r drag radials. Thanks to those who helped me select the right wheel, setup,

I'm sure this isn't going to be a popular post but am I the only one that thinks this setup looks ridiculous? To each his own but these wheels stick out over an inch from the fender? Just my humble opinion but poor fit for sure!
Old 3/16/14, 07:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Ok… it's about time I posted for real, and contributed to this thread Finished my install yesterday, test drove today, no issues. Love the new setup. Niche Milans, 20x8.5 front with a 35mm offset wearing 255s nitto nt555, 20x10 rear with a 40mm offset wearing 305 nitto nt555r drag radials. Thanks to those who helped me select the right wheel, setup,
Looks awesome as long as it works out well. I just wouldn't want it to rub.
Old 3/17/14, 04:24 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Lol... "Over an inch". Ridiculous indeed. If it were, "over an inch". It's literally (measured) and figuratively (from pic) barely a 1/4". Not sure what you're looking at. But yes, indeed, to each his own. I prefer it this way, and so does 99% of the world. But thanks for your comments though! And yes, for the nth time for those who keep wondering... The setup has no rubbing whatsoever. Proven by science, research, and practical (me driving it close to 100 miles now) applications.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/17/14 at 04:26 AM.
Old 3/17/14, 07:54 AM

99% of the Mustang community prefer their wheels to extend beyond their fenders? Uh, no.
Old 3/17/14, 11:02 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CNFLCTD
99% of the Mustang community prefer their wheels to extend beyond their fenders? Uh, no.
Uh yes... Based on scientific research, surveys, and analysis. Yes, 99%.

Lol.

Actually, based on your judgement of mine sticking out an inch, oh sorry, "over" an inch, not sure how much clout I can give to your statements... But hey, you're always welcome to give your opinion. But I stick with my 99%. Scientifically. Lol, sorry I can't stop laughing.
Old 3/17/14, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
From Zto5, The fatter the better I say. I like it just the way you've got it. Awesome!
Old 3/17/14, 11:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I have a hard time believing that they don't hit/rub when the whole rear of the car dips down (not just one side) ... have you gone through any dips at a high-enough speed to make the rear of the car squat/dip down?
Old 3/17/14, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
I have a hard time believing that they don't hit/rub when the whole rear of the car dips down (not just one side) ... have you gone through any dips at a high-enough speed to make the rear of the car squat/dip down?
Old 3/17/14, 11:40 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by GrnT
From Zto5, The fatter the better I say. I like it just the way you've got it. Awesome!
Thanks buddy... I love it.

Originally Posted by Gabe
Indeed that is the case. Obviously I didn't go speeding over dips and speed bumps. I wouldn't do that in any car, more so with my setup. Contact steeda for further info if you like. They have numerous setups like this. Yep nada, zilch, none. That's why I got it in the first place lol. Yeah, not sure how many more times and ways I can explain it. Must have to do with my K springs coupled with the stock bump stops, coupled with the correct wheel and tire sizes and offsets, etc. Or perhaps you hooligan drivers who go over speed bumps and divots/dips at flying speed are the ones with issues... lol.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/17/14 at 12:00 PM.
Old 3/17/14, 01:11 PM
Banned

How many miles are on your Mustang?
Old 3/17/14, 01:53 PM

Uh yes... Based on scientific research, surveys, and analysis. Yes, 99%. Lol. Actually, based on your judgement of mine sticking out an inch, oh sorry, "over" an inch, not sure how much clout I can give to your statements... But hey, you're always welcome to give your opinion. But I stick with my 99%. Scientifically. Lol, sorry I can't stop laughing.
Scientific research that people want their wheels flaring out from their fenders? You can't be serious. Start a poll right now...you won't get 25 percent that think your rear fitment is appropriate....unless they're driving Jeeps. Just saying.

Last edited by CNFLCTD; 3/17/14 at 02:22 PM.
Old 3/17/14, 02:42 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
How many miles are on your Mustang?
Mine? 7k or so.

Scientific research that people want their wheels flaring out from their fenders? You can't be serious. Start a poll right now...you won't get 25 percent that think your rear fitment is appropriate....unless they're driving Jeeps. Just saying.
Look up the word sarcasm for definition. It will do you wonders in life.

And lastly, I thank you again for your opinion on my setup/fitment. And it sounds like you think my set up is "not appropriate" . ... So.... hmmmmmm.....what now? Should we talk more about it? Should we analyze it some more? Should we discuss further about possibly starting a poll about your comment about starting a poll? Should we talk about your "over an inch" observation and your clear inability to judge photos? Or maybe your use of the word "flaring"? Or maybe we should start a poll to see if Jeep drivers think my "setup" is "appropriate"? We could keep going...

Here's a hint: The word "sarcasm" once again comes into play. You might want to read up again on what that means.
Old 3/17/14, 02:59 PM

Mine? 7k or so.

Look up the word sarcasm for definition. It will do you wonders in life.

And lastly, I thank you again for your opinion on my setup/fitment. And it sounds like you think my set up is "not appropriate" . ... So.... hmmmmmm.....what now? Should we talk more about it? Should we analyze it some more? Should we discuss further about possibly starting a poll about your comment about starting a poll? Should we talk about your "over an inch" observation and your clear inability to judge photos? Or maybe your use of the word "flaring"? Or maybe we should start a poll to see if Jeep drivers think my "setup" is "appropriate"? We could keep going...

Here's a hint: The word "sarcasm" once again comes into play. You might want to read up again on what that means.
I've taken your advice and looked up sarcasm. Although I have an MBA I thought a refresher of the English language was probably warranted given you requested I look it up.

sar·casm

/ˈsɑrkćzəm/ Show Spelled [sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
noun 1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

To answer your question about 'what we should do now'....I think we should have a good old fashioned dual ala the OK Corral. Better yet, how about we thumb wrestle? Or have a staring contest? As a final step we could consider a demolision derby.

Oh...I get it....sarcasm. I'm done.
Old 3/17/14, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^^Cold weather must be the reason for all this. I think I'll just take my car out. LOL
Old 3/17/14, 03:40 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Nighthawk13
^^^Cold weather must be the reason for all this. I think I'll just take my car out. LOL
Amen to that! Heading home from work now and will go for drive now!!! Woohoo!!!
Old 3/17/14, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

to all the people that are taking their cars out of storage.
Old 3/18/14, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I've taken your advice and looked up sarcasm. Although I have an MBA I thought a refresher of the English language was probably warranted given you requested I look it up.

To answer your question about 'what we should do now'....I think we should have a good old fashioned dual ala the OK Corral. Better yet, how about we thumb wrestle? Or have a staring contest? As a final step we could consider a demolision derby.

Oh...I get it....sarcasm. I'm done.
How about a dual duel?

And THEN go to the demoliTion derby .... amazing this thing called spelling ... I love it.
Old 3/18/14, 05:47 AM
Banned

I vote thumb wrestling
Old 3/18/14, 05:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

They do stick out a bit. I think a 295-35-20 would make them fit better. Steeda runs 315's a lot but they run it on a. 11 inch wide rim and the offset is different, and they use springs that are only a 1 inch drop. I had 295-35-20 with k springs on a 20x10 rim and although it never rubbed, it was close enough to discourage me from getting a 305-35-20.

Quick Reply: Let's See Your Concave Wheels