The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   Hood Scoop & Spears Stripe Decals (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/hood-scoop-spears-stripe-decals-516582/)

M3hunter 12/12/12 10:49 AM

Hood Scoop & Spears Stripe Decals

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone installed a Hood Scoop & Spears Stripe Decals. Please post a full picture of it in your car?

gruiz_06 12/12/12 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had always wanted the hood scope for my 2012 but after getting my hood spears, I didnt think it would really go. But I think this doesnt look bad.

Skylar 12/12/12 11:13 PM

I think the hood scoop looks pretty good matched with the spears. I can't remember where I last saw a picture if it though.

12GTCS 12/13/12 06:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Got mine from bob white stripes. I get quite a few compliments. It really makes the scoop pop. I like the 302 cutout...I was considering a 5.0 cutout as well.

06blackvertstang 12/13/12 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm stealing this from another guy on here but only cause its the background on my phone. It's stinking mean looking. He had his painted this way with hood scoop

Getportfolio 12/13/12 08:44 AM

Not a fan if the scoop but I will say that the spears do a good job of hiding the seam lines.

The hood scoop never made sense on the new body style because the main visual hood contours converge in unison while the scoop breaks up the unity by flaring south of the hood. Not to mention, just looks likes an afterthought to build height to an already aggressive hood,

M3hunter 12/13/12 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one. What do you think Guys?

Skylar 12/13/12 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by M3hunter (Post 6509871)

I think the way you worded your first post, it made it sound like you were talking about installing a hood scoop, then adding spears. I think that picture looks good, but I think having the hood scoop installed makes the car look meaner.

jsimmons 12/14/12 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by M3hunter (Post 6509871)

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - it only matters what *you* think. Vinyl hood spears are ubiquitous, so it shouldn't be hard to find pictures of them. Just google "mustang hood spears", and then click "Images" in the google menu.

Personally, I'm not one that really goes for "subtle" appearance mods. I like stuff that not only screams "LOOK AT ME!", I like stuff that says "LOOK AT ME, DAMMIT!" (and I didn't ask for opinions before modding my car) :)

4valve-GT 12/15/12 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang (Post 6509790)
I'm stealing this from another guy on here but only cause its the background on my phone. It's stinking mean looking. He had his painted this way with hood scoop

Thank you.

12GTCS 12/15/12 11:09 AM

That's a slick look. I like the custom touches that make it unique.

06blackvertstang 12/15/12 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 4valve-GT

Thank you.

Haha you're welcome. Kind of makes me want red for my next car. I know I don't want black again haha

orpheus 12/16/12 07:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 126118

Attachment 126115

Here is mine. I decided to pull the spears to clean up the look. I felt that they made the car look taller and the hood look shorter.

Attachment 126119

06blackvertstang 12/16/12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by orpheus (Post 6511968)

Here is mine. I decided to pull the spears to clean up the look. I felt that they made the car look taller and the hood look shorter.

That's just a really sharp car. Nice!

orpheus 12/16/12 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang (Post 6512003)

That's just a really sharp car. Nice!

Thanks man.

BB3 12/16/12 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 12GTCS (Post 6509774)
Got mine from bob white stripes. I get quite a few compliments. It really makes the scoop pop. I like the 302 cutout...I was considering a 5.0 cutout as well.

Charlie, that looks fantastic. I really-really like that.

------Bill

BB3 12/16/12 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by orpheus (Post 6511968)

Dan, I think your car likes rude as heck. It's really bad ***.

Sorry, just had to let you know.-----Bill

orpheus 12/17/12 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BB3 (Post 6512018)

Dan, I think your car likes rude as heck. It's really bad ***.

Sorry, just had to let you know.-----Bill

Thanks Bill, it's a work in progress.

4valve-GT 12/18/12 09:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
before

Attachment 203536

after

Attachment 203537

M3hunter 12/19/12 06:14 AM

Thanks for the pictures 4valve-GT. If I had a Mustang like yours, I will not need to glance at the '13 Mustangs, yours looks great!!!
In your first picture, it shows what I was thinking, that the spear stripes look good only from the front view, from the side view they look like something is missing there, they don't look symmetrical from the side.
Something similar was, when for the first time I saw the BOSS hood decal, it looked to me like something was missing on the sides. That is why I think that maybe the hood BOSS decal with the side spears style decals, might look great. I really like to show the hood bulge that we have on our mustangs.
I'm planing to add a roof black decal, or to paint my roof black. But I saw a picture of a Mustang without any black detail on the hood and it looks strange. I think that you hit the right spot with your black hood detail. Yours looks great and your front CS style fascia spoiler, looks even better the way that you have it , same color of your car (if it's combined with the GT with fog lights style grille).
The regular CS black fascia with the fogs, I think it might look very strange with my GT grille fog lights that I don't want to remove, I like them there.
About your rear CS style spoiler, it looks great on black, mine is red and its lower side black, that I also like the way it looks, but I don't know how it will look once that I change the roof color of my car to black.
Yours and the Patriot style Mustang are the best looking Mustangs ever!!!