The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   Grilles for 2013's? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/grilles-2013s-512346/)

TheDivaDanielle 8/24/12 10:47 AM

I'll update the thread when they become available.

fgibbs 9/1/12 09:53 PM

I emailed Chris at Stage 3 asking about the lower Roush and this was his response.

"Fred.
i actually have not heard if they will be putting out a high flow or not i know the lowers wont even be avail for a while .
i could do some research into it if you would like
thank you in advance
~Chris~"

I responded telling him that the people on these forums and myself are very interested...have my fingers crossed.

TheDivaDanielle 9/1/12 09:59 PM

Laaaaaame.

In other news, I've decided to bite the bullet, and start to accumulate the pieces for the California Special Grilles and foglight assemblies.

At this point, my less than two week old car has a CAI, tune, exhaust, spoiler, diffuser, and blacked out sidemarkers, all I gotta do is install the lowering springs, so I'm running out of stuff to do :-P

Should look awesome on Grabber (Cali grilles, relocated fogs) especially since the week after next, the car will be getting striped like a Shelby.

Overboost 9/1/12 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Laaaaaame.

In other news, I've decided to bite the bullet, and start to accumulate the pieces for the California Special Grilles and foglight assemblies.

At this point, my less than two week old car has a CAI, tune, exhaust, spoiler, diffuser, and blacked out sidemarkers, all I gotta do is install the lowering springs, so I'm running out of stuff to do :-P

Should look awesome on Grabber (Cali grilles, relocated fogs) especially since next week the car will be getting striped like a Shelby.

Retrofit those LED fog bulbs into the smaller fogs...that would be something.

TheDivaDanielle 9/1/12 10:13 PM

Trust me, I'll be doing disassembly and seeing how it all works.. I prolly will at least play a bit, but I'm more likely to retrofit some badass 55w HIDs in those fogs and attempt to find a way not to blind the **** out of everyone. The mere fact alone that they're in a projector does give me an advantage in that regard.

That reminds me. I'd like to have a look at the factory HID ballast to see how annoying it might be for me to replace it w/ a 55w ballast for a 25-30% increase in lumen output...

Thanks a lot, Overboost... now I have another project to annoy the fiancee with.

Overboost 9/1/12 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Trust me, I'll be doing disassembly and seeing how it all works.. I prolly will at least play a bit, but I'm more likely to retrofit some badass 55w HIDs in those fogs and attempt to find a way not to blind the **** out of everyone. The mere fact alone that they're in a projector does give me an advantage in that regard.

That reminds me. I'd like to have a look at the factory HID ballast to see how annoying it might be for me to replace it w/ a 55w ballast for a 25-30% increase in lumen output...

Thanks a lot, Overboost... now I have another project to annoy the fiancee with.

You'd do a 55w HID bulb for a fog? Those might overpower your low beams. If I remember right, the ballasts are bolted to the headlamp. Might be a bit tricky to replace and fit somewhere securely.

laserred38 9/1/12 10:52 PM

Agreed. You won't need 55w for fogs, especially being mounted lower in the fascia. I'd do a 3000k kit as well.

Are you still doing the white stripes? I can't remember, did you get the 401A package? If so, I think the white will be cool. If not, I'd do black stripes!

BackinBlack13 9/1/12 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by fgibbs (Post 6431697)

I responded telling him that the people on these forums and myself are very interested...have my fingers crossed.

Sweet! Hopefully its just a matter of time.

TheDivaDanielle 9/1/12 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6431763)
Agreed. You won't need 55w for fogs, especially being mounted lower in the fascia. I'd do a 3000k kit as well.

Are you still doing the white stripes? I can't remember, did you get the 401A package? If so, I think the white will be cool. If not, I'd do black stripes!

it was just a thought, i always did 35w on foglights, but they were always non projectors.

Yes on the 401a.

Stripes in two weeks. Dealership wanted me to have delayed gratification, i guess.

fgibbs 9/2/12 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6431707)
Laaaaaame.

Should look awesome on Grabber (Cali grilles, relocated fogs) especially since the week after next, the car will be getting striped like a Shelby.

Wow you have been busy...keep it coming, cant wait to see the final product!! I think I will wait a little and see what happens...its going to be really hard!!

karrnutt 9/3/12 07:18 AM

:dunno::dunno:Has anyone received any of the 2013 Roush parts yet?

MyStang2010GB 9/4/12 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by karrnutt (Post 6432689)

Nope..still waiting

zeindog 9/4/12 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by karrnutt (Post 6432689)

I have the rear valence and exhaust coming thursday, still waiting on the grilles.

fgibbs 9/4/12 07:07 PM

I wanna say the lowers will be available in October...not sure about the uppers.

TheDivaDanielle 9/8/12 11:46 AM

Did further research, btw, and the price for the california and mca billet grilles that partscheap.com sells is only around 10% above cost, which is a hell of a deal.

That being said -- I ordered my California special grille and lower valence foglight retrofit.

Still need to figure out something for the lower valence grille.

TheDivaDanielle 9/8/12 12:15 PM

Also, prices and listings updated for various grilles, and splitters.

BackinBlack13 9/8/12 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle (Post 6436396)
Did further research, btw, and the price for the california and mca billet grilles that partscheap.com sells is only around 10% above cost, which is a hell of a deal.

I went to my dealer the other day. (sheehy gaithersburg) 289.00 for upper California Grill. Hope to order next month.

TheDivaDanielle 9/8/12 02:11 PM

sounds like you're just down the road from me. I almost bought from Sheehy

fgibbs 9/12/12 07:47 PM

Just another update on the roush lower high flow grille. I emailed roush and this was their response.

Fred,

Thanks for contacting ROUSH Performance.

Sorry, ROUSH Performance does not have any plans in offering this at this time.

Thank You,
ROUSH Performance Products
Customer Service
39555 Schoolcraft Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: 800-59-ROUSH

Now I need to find another route :(

TheDivaDanielle 9/12/12 07:52 PM

Thank you for posting that disappointment. :-(