Custom Vanity Personalized License Plates & Brackets /Delete Brackets Threads Over The Years With Members Custom Plates

Front License Plate Removal Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/14, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front License Plate Removal Need Help

On my car, I have a front license plate holder but my state doesn't require one. I need help getting this thing off because it's very strange looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Front License Plate Removal Need Help-1.jpg   Front License Plate Removal Need Help-2.jpg  
Old 3/2/14, 09:12 PM

Put your arm up behind bumper and there should be two bolts holing the bracket on. Your going to have two holes in your bumper, but they can be patched.. Hope this helps...
Old 3/3/14, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Michael417
Put your arm up behind bumper and there should be two bolts holing the bracket on. Your going to have two holes in your bumper, but they can be patched.. Hope this helps...
Well the splash guard is preventing me from doing that. Also I have heard these things are like rivets
Old 3/7/14, 10:09 PM

Anyone?
Old 3/8/14, 08:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodwinRacing64
Well the splash guard is preventing me from doing that. Also I have heard these things are like rivets

From your first pick I can see what appears to be threads on a bolt. You'll probably have to remove the splash guard or bumper to get to it. They don't look like pop rivets to me. My front plate was attached with a flathead screw that was simply screwed directly into the bumper. I don't know why they would screw it in from the other side but it appears that's what they did.
Old 3/8/14, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
From your first pick I can see what appears to be threads on a bolt. You'll probably have to remove the splash guard or bumper to get to it. They don't look like pop rivets to me. My front plate was attached with a flathead screw that was simply screwed directly into the bumper. I don't know why they would screw it in from the other side but it appears that's what they did.
That's also what I've been thinking. But I recently found another thread on here with the same pictures and it looked threaded too and there was a couple of people claiming it was rivets. I've been racing/working on race cars since I was 11 and now and I've never seen a rivet look anything like that. I hate taking that splash guard off but I guess that's what I'll do
Old 3/8/14, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by GoodwinRacing64
That's also what I've been thinking. But I recently found another thread on here with the same pictures and it looked threaded too and there was a couple of people claiming it was rivets. I've been racing/working on race cars since I was 11 and now and I've never seen a rivet look anything like that. I hate taking that splash guard off but I guess that's what I'll do
I had to do that to mount my front plate on my lower grill. It was tedious, but not that difficult, and I don't have a lift. I do seem to recall that I had a little trouble putting one of the fasteners back in. Visibility would have helped.
Old 3/9/14, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In your first picture the fastener looks like it is two pieces. the center of the end of the fastener is silver colored with some brown and there is a whitish ring around it. The outer surface may be grooved to allow it to dig into the plastic to keep the fastener from pulling out.
Old 5/8/14, 10:31 AM

I have the exact same problem with the bracket installed by the dealer. Did you end up having to remove the splash guard? I've read in a few threads where people have drilled out these "rivets"