'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Body Kit Installed (Many Pictures Included)

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/11, 09:52 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it! My only comment would be to get the saleen exhaust tips
Old 4/11/11, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
absolutely incredible. perfect rims, perfect stance and tasteful body mods ftw. great work, sir. This better get mustang of the month!
Old 4/11/11, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the RTR's with the white. Perfect contrast. The car flows pretty good. Im not a fan of the Saleen decklid panel either. But i understand you putting on since it came with the kit. Great additions. I have the roush side splitter and pulled the trigger on the roush bumper yesterday, should be here by the end of the week and its already painted! Now ill order my roush chin splitter and then all i need is a new rear valance and my appearance mods will be done.
Old 4/11/11, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That body kit kind of makes your mustang look like a NASCAR race car.
Old 4/11/11, 11:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by essque
absolutely incredible. perfect rims, perfect stance and tasteful body mods ftw. great work, sir. This better get mustang of the month!
Thank you, and I'd love to win that award...it'd be an honor for sure.

Originally Posted by RobDis
I love the RTR's with the white. Perfect contrast. The car flows pretty good. Im not a fan of the Saleen decklid panel either. But i understand you putting on since it came with the kit. Great additions. I have the roush side splitter and pulled the trigger on the roush bumper yesterday, should be here by the end of the week and its already painted! Now ill order my roush chin splitter and then all i need is a new rear valance and my appearance mods will be done.
They actually aren't RTRs...they're 20 inch matte black HRE P40s. The RTRs were only available in 19 inches and apparently stick out a little bit in the rear, so I took a different route. Sounds like you're car should be lookin good here real quick...I look forward to seeing pictures!
Old 4/11/11, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by THebb22
They actually aren't RTRs...they're 20 inch matte black HRE P40s. The RTRs were only available in 19 inches and apparently stick out a little bit in the rear, so I took a different route. Sounds like you're car should be lookin good here real quick...I look forward to seeing pictures!
I forgot to mention that before... but wow are those HRE P40s just awesome. Must have cost north of 5k for those?

Curious about your exhaust... are you going to be getting saleen exhaust tips ?

And like someone else mentioned... black 5.0L emblems would look just insane on your car where the factory ones are right now.
Old 4/11/11, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah those wheels definitely didn't come cheap...little over 5k. I originally had planned to get the Saleen tips, but the more I looked at pictures over the last few months trying to make sure I really wanted the Saleen rear end, I actually grew tired of the look of the Saleen exhaust, so I think I'm gonna just stick with the round tips that come with my new exhaust setup. I'm definitely wanting to get black 5.0 badges. Right now though, the only ones available are plastic and I'm concerned about them fading and what not. I'd prefer to have some black metal ones...may even have my stock ones painted. Appearance-wise, I'm pretty sure that's the only thing left on my to-do list.
Old 4/11/11, 02:31 PM
Banned

Clean ride. Not feeling the rear end at all. It looks awkward.

The front would look cleaner without the fogs to complete the look.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 4/12/11, 09:30 PM

Looks nice, but why not go with a full Saleen kit, minus the hood of course? Looks like your house is up on a hill...twisties!
Old 4/12/11, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by THebb22
Thank you, and I'd love to win that award...it'd be an honor for sure.

My bad. I just glanced. They are awesome either way though! I have the Black 5.0 emblems and the plastic is a bit of a concern. I still have my chrome ones and im actually trying to sell them on another forum. Not for much but i may keep them and paint them black just in case the plastic ones fade and start to look like crap. Glad you mentioned that about the the plastic ones. Appreciate that!
Old 4/13/11, 11:12 AM
Cobra Member

Great wheels, menacing ride height. Has scraping been an issue???

The front isn't for me, but the awesome thing it's not my car. It's yours and it's really well executed. I have no doubt you'll get tons of well deserved attention. These cars are great, because they very easily lend themselves to different looks to reflect the owners personal tastes. Enjoy your beautiful car!
Old 4/13/11, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Very nice looking car. Doing the 5.0 emblems in a matte black would compliment the wheels pretty well. One of the guys in another forum just painted the stock emblems instead of getting the black plastic ones.

I really wish I could justify dropping the money on those wheels.... Oh well, maybe at some point after I'm done with the "go fast" mods and need more rubber back there.
Old 4/13/11, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eric n
Great wheels, menacing ride height. Has scraping been an issue???

The front isn't for me, but the awesome thing it's not my car. It's yours and it's really well executed. I have no doubt you'll get tons of well deserved attention. These cars are great, because they very easily lend themselves to different looks to reflect the owners personal tastes. Enjoy your beautiful car!
Thank you. Scraping has not been an issue at all yet. Then again I also know to avoid certain roads here in town where I'm fairly certain that I would scrape.
Old 4/13/11, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm usually very picky about body kits, but this one looks sweet!
Old 4/13/11, 06:54 PM

The car looks beautiful!

The HRE's are what many different wheel companies copy in design. Of course a lot of our wheels are designed by Motorsport inspiration.

We also stand behind our wheels before and after your purchase.

I cant wait to see what else is next !
Old 4/14/11, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Hands down one of the meanest stangs iv seen...looks great man
Old 4/17/11, 11:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

This piece was at the top of a short list before I settled on the Boy Racer. The reason I didn't get this one is there were no provisions for the front marker lights. I don't know why they left that off. Aside from that I really like it.
Old 4/17/11, 01:04 PM

Man that is sick.. but no tint yet? Limo tint all around would look insane

Car looks super clean and I love PW. I think hood spears would look nice.. but then again, looks like I have a crush on hood spears on white. If my dog's was white, I'd probably paint some spears on his face

If you don't mind me asking, what's the $ estimate on all that?

Also, others have mentioned, front reminds me of:

Old 5/10/11, 07:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your car looks really sweet! Did you have the dealer paint the parts? I'm thinking of buying those same skirts for my V6 and putting on the V6 chin from Street Scene as well.
Old 5/10/11, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Awesome looking Stang!!

Quick Reply: Body Kit Installed (Many Pictures Included)