The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   blacked out mustang pics / parking lights tint (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/blacked-out-mustang-pics-parking-lights-tint-526835/)

roadrunner 12/6/13 10:48 AM

blacked out mustang pics / parking lights tint

Soon will be receiving light tints, for the side marker, quarter marker, rear bumper, tail light, and third brake light. Does anybody already have these on their stang?

Preferably a deep impact blue. Also pics of it in the night, and in the light to show if it still allows reflectivity. I'd like to see what it might look like before i put them on :)

Darth Lascivious 12/6/13 10:59 AM

Black

4 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. If you are spraying them yourself you can go as light on the tint as you wish or as dark. I went way too dark and had to wipe off and sand down some.

roadrunner 12/6/13 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Darth Lascivious (Post 6725029)
Here's mine. If you are spraying them yourself you can go as light on the tint as you wish or as dark. I went way too dark and had to wipe off and sand down some.

Thanks for sharing! Mine will be those tints they sell at AM, so I don't tihnk I need to spray anything, just apply.

Do you have any pics of it at night? and also showing if they still reflect light, and if they allow light through?

Thanks!

btw nice car :nice:

Darth Lascivious 12/6/13 01:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks. Not at night, sorry. I did take a couple in the garage. Here ya go.
Rear light > Close up of front > Front.

roadrunner 12/6/13 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Darth Lascivious (Post 6725157)
Thanks. Not at night, sorry. I did take a couple in the garage. Here ya go.
Rear light > Close up of front > Front.

Very nice! Thanks again for sharing

PS. Your car must be invisible at night with the lights off lol

DinoDoc 12/22/13 02:58 AM

I did the tint on all the marker lights and tail light centers, but I couldn't see paying that much for the AM kits, so I went to ebay and searched for tail light tint in a roll. I bought enough tint to do all the lights on my car and about 3 others if I wanted for less then $20.00. Then all I did was use some blue painters tape to make templates, cut the templates out and stuck them onto a piece of construction paper, cut that out and used that as my guide for cutting the tint, and then applied it just like any other vinyl decal. I'll have to take some pics for you, but I got the same result for a fraction of the cost.

Lee

MUSTANGfan2010 12/23/13 05:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by roadrunner (Post 6725023)
Soon will be receiving light tints, for the side marker, quarter marker, rear bumper, tail light, and third brake light. Does anybody already have these on their stang? Preferably a deep impact blue. Also pics of it in the night, and in the light to show if it still allows reflectivity. I'd like to see what it might look like before i put them on :)

Here is mine with pics of it during the day, will take a pic of them later at night.