Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Best New Hood Options

Old 6/2/18, 12:49 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
I hear ya. I’ll see what they say.

Gotta get out there and detail for a cruise tomorrow.
Old 6/3/18, 08:29 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Lots of “nice car” comments today with the new hood. Hoping to talk with Cervinis tomorrow. Whatever happens I’m taking it to a local place to have it painted. Looking at it more closely today in a diffent light and the mismatch in paint is clear. We didn’t notice it while installing it.
Attached Thumbnails Best New Hood Options-e5e836fa-e4cd-4843-a7cd-aa9e994b0082.jpeg  

Last edited by VidPro; 6/3/18 at 08:32 PM.
Old 6/3/18, 11:41 PM
JG1
V6 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Oh wow. Not good. Lemme know what they have to say.
Old 6/4/18, 06:34 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Those first pics you posted looked like a spot on match.
Old 6/4/18, 06:38 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JG1
Those first pics you posted looked like a spot on match.
Agreed! In person and in the light that it was in it looked great from that angle. When I took it out of the cruise yesterday the guys caught it and it was a surprise to us.
Old 6/4/18, 06:41 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I've had American Muscle parts pre-painted (granted smaller parts) and those parts are dead on color-wise.
Old 6/4/18, 06:43 AM
JG1
V6 Member

The open in 17 minutes. I'm sure they'll make it right for you.
Old 6/4/18, 06:45 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Yeah I'm not worried. I hate complaining and I told them in the email that I really do love the hood minus the issues. I already called my local Ford shop ( they do awesome work) to bring in the car after I find out what Cervinis has to say.
Old 6/4/18, 01:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JG1
The open in 17 minutes. I'm sure they'll make it right for you.
Just talked to them and they are refunding the paint cost so I can take it to a body shop locally. Just shows it's worth buying from a good company like Cervinis. Hopefully I can get the car in this week. More pics coming...soon.
Old 6/4/18, 04:05 PM
JG1
V6 Member

So what's that? About $600 (including the vents)? That should be enough to get the whole hood (underneath too) repainted.
Old 6/4/18, 04:06 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Exactly. I think it should cover the redo.
Old 6/4/18, 06:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been following this one. Sorry for the bad experience. I don't claim to be a paint expert, but not surprised by no match.

I am sure the manufacturer got the paint code right, and did a nice job on painting the hood. But matching paint is more art than science.

I am very curious to hear how your local shop handles this. They can likely get closer to a match by doing the hood over. But painting just the hood is a no-go if you really want it to look perfect. In that case, they will likely going to want to blend it into the fenders and bumper as well.

Please keep us posted. And best of luck with the redo.

:-)
Old 6/4/18, 06:55 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 759Rider
I've been following this one. Sorry for the bad experience. I don't claim to be a paint expert, but not surprised by no match.

I am sure the manufacturer got the paint code right, and did a nice job on painting the hood. But matching paint is more art than science.

I am very curious to hear how your local shop handles this. They can likely get closer to a match by doing the hood over. But painting just the hood is a no-go if you really want it to look perfect. In that case, they will likely going to want to blend it into the fenders and bumper as well.

Please keep us posted. And best of luck with the redo.

:-)
Thanks and I agree. I was prepared for it to not be perfect but this seems way off. Anyway, I’m dropping the car off and not just the hood so the shop can do it right with blending and any other tricks. Can’t wait to see it done right. This shop does nice work.
Old 6/5/18, 05:44 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
May want to think about doing the top of the front fenders to blend. This way you will never be able to tell that anything was painted. When you have a straight line separating the two parts. You may see a very slight difference in some lights.
I do like the hood.

Enjoy
Old 6/5/18, 05:46 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by boss man
May want to think about doing the top of the front fenders to blend. This way you will never be able to tell that anything was painted. When you have a straight line separating the two parts. You may see a very slight difference in some lights.
I do like the hood.

Enjoy
I think that's what they'll do, but I'll ask them tomorrow to make sure they blend it correctly.
Old 6/5/18, 01:08 PM
JG1
V6 Member

I think I got lucky since my car is black.
Old 6/6/18, 06:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by JG1
I think I got lucky since my car is black.
Yeah, I'd imagine solid colors are less of a problem for matching paint. My current paint on the hood almost has a color shift type effect going on. Straight on it looks good. Start stepping to the side and new color.
Old 6/28/18, 06:25 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Well, I was cleaning my car yesterday before dropping it off to Evolution Performance for a supercharger/fuel system install and I noticed an area on the hood where the paint is pitting and bubbling. I called Cervini and they want pics of the hood but I told them I won't have the car back till next Saturday. They asked if I could have the shop take the pics and send it, but I think that's asking a bit much of the shop as they know nothing of the problem and don't know where exactly on the hood I'm talking about.

I'm hoping Cervini makes this right. I showed my fiancé (who is a car person) the area on the hood and she said 'oh no, that has to go back and they have to fix that'. Well, I'm hoping.

Last edited by JG1; 6/28/18 at 06:27 AM.
Old 6/28/18, 06:34 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Sorry to hear. My hood is going on week two at the shop. They've been having issues with the new paint on the hood fish eye'ing for some reason. They asked me of I put anything on it with I did not. Hoping to have it back tomorrow. Good luck and keep us posted..
Old 6/28/18, 06:40 AM
JG1
V6 Member

Thanks. I'm a little nervous they won't warranty it, but I think the anxiety is coming because I've had a solid month of everything going wrong in my life. If it's not one thing it's another.

Anyway, the affected area is pretty bad. It's a good 4"X4" section up front.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best New Hood Options