The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   3DCarbon GT500 Spoiler Installed - pics, thoughts, impressions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/3dcarbon-gt500-spoiler-installed-pics-thoughts-impressions-508956/)

FromZto5 5/17/12 10:06 PM

3DCarbon GT500 Spoiler Installed - pics, thoughts, impressions

19 Attachment(s)
UPDATED with more pics taken today. Am loving this new spoiler... it's what I was missing.

Attachment 209809

Attachment 209810

Attachment 209811

Attachment 209812

Attachment 209813

=================================================

Well folks, I finally had time to post up this thread...just been so busy with family, etc.

The box arrived well packaged. With it being pre-painted, I was worried about marring/scratches, etc... surprisingly, it was covered in 3 layers of foam and soft cloth like material. No scratches. Still, I buffed it before installing it The paint was a perfect match though.

Attachment 209814

Attachment 209815

Attachment 209816

Installation was a royal PITA. Well I guess I shouldn't say installation, but more so REMOVAL of the OEM spoiler. Needless to say, I broke the **** thing in two. Yes, BROKE it. Once screws were removed, I had to use a combination of a hairdryer, razor blade, and kitchen SPATULA (yes, spatula), to get the d*mn thing off. It seemed to be held on there by the hands of gods. Using all those tools, I was SO worried about scratching the surrounding painted area (even though I taped off everything close), that it took so much longer than it did. It snapped in two just from pushing/pulling up. Cleaning the residue was also a PITA. On the upside, the installation was like 5 minutes. LOL. Removal of OEM was about 1.5 hours.

Attachment 209817

^ Here's what it looked like at midnight, when I was exhausted, sweating, and ready punch through a wall. Thank God it was finally OFF the car.

Once installed, overall impressions, I love it. It completes the look of the car for me. The only other cosmetic mod I think I would do, is maybe the GT/CS Boss spoiler combo, but even that's a stretch. But yeah, my new spoiler is a little louder than OEM lip, but not overbearing. It's almost like my GT500 exhaust... it's a little louder than stock, but not overwhelming. So it's like the Goldilocks of Spoilers :) I love the spoiler... worth it IMO.

Here's some PICS, combination of Regular and HDR photos. Enjoy.

REGULAR

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../DSC_0267a.jpg

Attachment 209818

Attachment 209819

Attachment 209820

Attachment 209821

HDR

Attachment 209822

Attachment 209823

Attachment 209824

Attachment 209825

Attachment 209826

Attachment 209827

RobDis 5/17/12 11:16 PM

Just when you think you can't add to perfection! You had to do it! Looks good bro!

the_bottomless_pit 5/17/12 11:29 PM

that looks reallll sharp, very nice!!! cant believe you had so much trouble getting the oem one off haha, they must have went overboard on the adhesive that day

FromZto5 5/17/12 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by RobDis (Post 6350857)
Just when you think you can't add to perfection! You had to do it! Looks good bro!

Thanks rob... I appreciate it man. God I love our cars...something about stangs...just gets me all warm inside :)

RobDis 5/17/12 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6350867)
Thanks rob... I appreciate it man. God I love our cars...something about stangs...just gets me all warm inside :)

Easy killer! LOL

lefthandblack 5/17/12 11:47 PM

Very nice. Looks just like my car. The factory spoiler isn't too bad to remove, just use Goo Gone and some 50lb test fishing line to cut through the factory glue and saw it off. Like flossin your teeth! Bummer that you broke the factory one, but the 3d Carbon one looks so good, there is no reason to go back to stock!

PJRManagement 5/17/12 11:59 PM

Looks great! Love Kona Blue. The wing is an A+, glad I could help you. Others on this forum did the same for me! Not to boast, but you may want to consider the CDC chin spoiler - cheaper than Boss-C/S, and IMO, looks meaner, and they are rare to see so it's nice to be 'special'. You can see pics on my profile/albums, but here's one for you below. $200 at CJPony.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...48405938_n.jpg

Thread: https://themustangsource.com/f816/to...talled-506624/

You need any help just let me know.

Pilks 5/18/12 04:30 AM

Looks great, got any before and after shots?

carfreak666 5/18/12 05:13 AM

Looks great... What OEM spoiler did you have on there before?

FromZto5 5/18/12 05:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Pilks (Post 6350943)
Looks great, got any before and after shots?

Originally Posted by carfreak666 (Post 6350955)
Looks great... What OEM spoiler did you have on there before?

Thanks guys... Yes, I have tons of before shots ;)

I had the Oem lip spoiler before (not the gt cs one). So it uses the four existing holes.

Attachment 209802

Attachment 209803

Attachment 209804

FromZto5 5/18/12 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by RobDis (Post 6350873)
Easy killer! LOL

Haha hey man... It is what it is :)

Originally Posted by lefthandblack (Post 6350876)
Very nice. Looks just like my car. The factory spoiler isn't too bad to remove, just use Goo Gone and some 50lb test fishing line to cut through the factory glue and saw it off. Like flossin your teeth! Bummer that you broke the factory one, but the 3d Carbon one looks so good, there is no reason to go back to stock!

I appreciate it bro. I was really hoping to sell or keep the Oem one for some reason, but eh... I should have thought about the fishing line thing. Dang. I guess that's what happens at midnight and when all the frustrations settles in...lol

Originally Posted by PJRManagement (Post 6350883)
Looks great! Love Kona Blue. The wing is an A+, glad I could help you. Others on this forum did the same for me! Not to boast, but you may want to consider the CDC chin spoiler - cheaper than Boss-C/S, and IMO, looks meaner, and they are rare to see so it's nice to be 'special'. You can see pics on my profile/albums, but here's one for you below. $200 at CJPony.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...48405938_n.jpg

Thread: https://themustangsource.com/f816/to...talled-506624/

You need any help just let me know.

Thx pjr. Yeah I will have to look at that spoiler again. I thought when I saw it before, it seemed a little too "bulky"? Makes the front nose look heavy? Hmmmmm

jwood1284 5/18/12 06:52 AM

FtomZto5,

Being prepainted, is the black strip at the trailing edge painted body color or is it painted black like the GT500? It's hard to tell in the pics. Looks great BTW!

FromZto5 5/18/12 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by jwood1284 (Post 6351007)
FtomZto5,

Being prepainted, is the black strip at the trailing edge painted body color or is it painted black like the GT500? It's hard to tell in the pics. Looks great BTW!

Yes, the gurney flap iis matte black, just like the Oem gt500 version. That's why I went with 3dcarbon. The other ones, say from American muscle, were a generic kind, plus they paint the spoiler all one color...looks cheap IMO.

carfreak666 5/18/12 08:03 AM

Oh! I didnt realize the Lip spoiler was also using the 4 bolts... Thanks for the info, and once again great upgrade!

JeffL 5/18/12 08:09 AM

looks great. k springs are perfect too stance is killer.

FromZto5 5/18/12 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by carfreak666
Oh! I didnt realize the Lip spoiler was also using the 4 bolts... Thanks for the info, and once again great upgrade!

Thank-you sir... Yes the stock lip spoiler has the same bolts. The gtcs spoiler tho is difft

Originally Posted by JeffL
looks great. k springs are perfect too stance is killer.

Thanks Jeff... Yeah I love my k springs. I think 1.5" drop is perfect

HizliBullet 5/18/12 09:27 AM

Wow looks like a race car with those even springs :O makes it look longer when back and same height as front

PJRManagement 5/18/12 04:17 PM

I appreciate it bro. I was really hoping to sell or keep the Oem one for some reason, but eh... I should have thought about the fishing line thing. Dang.
----
I was very lucky to get my OEM rear wing off in one piece, and I got lucky again and sold in on eBay. If you go with any front chin spoiler, you may want to sell your OEM front section on eBay, I got lucky with that one, too.

RaceRed50 5/18/12 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the same spoiler and think it's the best looking. Just **** pretty! Really? I can't use the word D A M N? What is this kindergarten? :doh:

PJRManagement 5/18/12 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by RaceRed50 (Post 6351456)
I have the same spoiler and think it's the best looking. Just **** pretty! Really? I can't use the word D A M N? What is this kindergarten? :doh:

-----
Nice looking Race Red you got there!