The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/)
-   -   2010 GT front conversion done. :) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f802/2010-gt-front-conversion-done-490302/)

WhiteKnight 12/30/10 04:58 PM

2010 GT front conversion done. :)

The bumper has been on for days, but the we just hooked up the foglights. All I have is crappy cell phone pics. Sorry. :/

My dad created the harness and everything, if anyone else is doing the conversion, I'll ask him what it consists of. Because I have no clue what it is. But, I know it was cheap and looks factory.

Before:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...903/mycara.jpg

During:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...903/before.jpg

After:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...t903/after.jpg

The fogs run off their own circuit and have their own switch below the light control panel. I would have preferred to have the factory fog light switch, but this works.

Pics:
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...03/switch2.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...903/switch.jpg

Bumper w/foglights and grille: $400 (eBay)
Grille Surround: $130 (Ford)
Re-Painting the bumper: $150 (Friend)
Wires, switch, and other electrical items: $30 (Dad's work and Auto Store)
Labor: Free (Dad) :)

Total: about $710

Siber Express 12/30/10 05:38 PM

Looks Good :nice:

I am doing the GT/CS front on mine, waiting for Spring to install it but all the parts will be here by next week and the grill shell and pedestal spoiler will be painted next week :banana:

WhiteKnight 12/30/10 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express (Post 5991714)
Looks Good :nice:

I am doing the GT/CS front on mine, waiting for Spring to install it but all the parts will be here by next week and the grill shell and pedestal spoiler will be painted next week :banana:

Thanks man. I can't wait to see it. I was considering the CS, but having those lower fogs and the grille fogs seemed too much for me, and I LOVE the grille fogs. How much is that paint going to cost for that spoiler?

SD6 12/30/10 08:10 PM

Looks great, very clean! :nice:

Siber Express 12/30/10 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 5991721)
Thanks man. I can't wait to see it. I was considering the CS, but having those lower fogs and the grille fogs seemed too much for me, and I LOVE the grille fogs. How much is that paint going to cost for that spoiler?

I bought the Color today, $50 for a pint of Sherman Williams, Application is free from my brother who is one hell of a painter.
I got the Grabber Blue bumper off of Ebay for $285, the Lower Fascia for $262 from Ford and the Grill shell for $90 from Ford.
Now to just wait for spring to put it together.

ShowGT 12/30/10 09:45 PM

L@@Kin good, well done.

WhiteKnight 12/30/10 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express (Post 5991779)
I bought the Color today, $50 for a pint of Sherman Williams, Application is free from my brother who is one hell of a painter.
I got the Grabber Blue bumper off of Ebay for $285, the Lower Fascia for $262 from Ford and the Grill shell for $90 from Ford.
Now to just wait for spring to put it together.

Gosh, Lucky you! I'm suprised your brother isn't charging you something. Haha. That's not too bad. Are you going to get the fogs on the lower fascia?

Originally Posted by SD6 (Post 5991770)
Looks great, very clean! :nice:

Originally Posted by ShowGT (Post 5991810)
L@@Kin good, well done.

Thanks!

908ssp 12/30/10 11:00 PM

I like the old one better.

unnoticedtrails 12/30/10 11:53 PM

Great job!

WhiteKnight 12/31/10 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by 908ssp (Post 5991829)
I like the old one better.

I don't. It's too plain.

Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails (Post 5991842)
Great job!

Thanks!

Siber Express 12/31/10 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 5991824)
Gosh, Lucky you! I'm suprised your brother isn't charging you something. Haha. That's not too bad. Are you going to get the fogs on the lower fascia?

He does the shooting only, I do all the prep. Both pieces I have to get painted are small so it will take longer to wait for the base to dry than the actual paint time.
And yes, the Fascia has the fogs, so for me it is unplug mine and plug them in on the new bumper.

Big Poppa 12/31/10 01:11 PM

Nice work, looks good

chutoyy 12/31/10 01:16 PM

Haha. awesome. Make sure to leave the front plate off!

WhiteKnight 12/31/10 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express (Post 5991858)
He does the shooting only, I do all the prep. Both pieces I have to get painted are small so it will take longer to wait for the base to dry than the actual paint time.
And yes, the Fascia has the fogs, so for me it is unplug mine and plug them in on the new bumper.

Ah, I see. But I thought the light fixture of the CS fogs were expensive? I may be wrong. Still, that's a nice conversion and the way thing are adding up on yours it sounds like yours will be cheaper than mine.

Originally Posted by Big Poppa (Post 5991959)
Nice work, looks good

Thanks! I give all the credit to my dad!

WhiteKnight 12/31/10 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by chutoyy (Post 5991964)
Haha. awesome. Make sure to leave the front plate off!

I'm trying to. My dad said I could have it off for a few days. I'm not putting giant holes in my bumper. I might just stick it in the dash or keep it with me, and if I get pulled over use the "I'm putting it on tomorrow" excuse.. haha. I live in small town in Texas, so getting out of a ticket is pretty easy. With the simple use of the Word: Sir or Ma'am will get you off a ticket of 75 in a 35 around here. Hahaha.

chutoyy 12/31/10 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 5991973)
I'm trying to. My dad said I could have it off for a few days. I'm not putting giant holes in my bumper. I might just stick it in the dash or keep it with me, and if I get pulled over use the "I'm putting it on tomorrow" excuse.. haha. I live in small town in Texas, so getting out of a ticket is pretty easy. With the simple use of the Word: Sir or Ma'am will get you off a ticket of 75 in a 35 around here. Hahaha.

Wow... LOL. Go to a hardware store and buy or bend your own "L-Shaped" brackets and then mount them to the underside of the upper portion of the lower grille... that way if holes must be drilled, they're not visible. =] Make sure to put some velcro or felt on the back of the bracket so you don't scratch the paint.

I'm sure that was a horrible explanation, but I haven't had the need to make a DIY yet... lol.

Siber Express 12/31/10 03:22 PM

The Fascia without the Fogs list for $250, with the Fogs is right at $350. I use a Body shop Discount at Ford so it was $261.75.
I use my Fog Lights now so I definitely wanted to get them on the conversion.

WhiteKnight 1/2/11 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by chutoyy (Post 5991994)
Wow... LOL. Go to a hardware store and buy or bend your own "L-Shaped" brackets and then mount them to the underside of the upper portion of the lower grille... that way if holes must be drilled, they're not visible. =] Make sure to put some velcro or felt on the back of the bracket so you don't scratch the paint.

I'm sure that was a horrible explanation, but I haven't had the need to make a DIY yet... lol.

Yeah, it's now looking like I'm going to have to do that. My uncle got pulled over this past weekend while driving his Vette and got a ticket for no front plate. I uploaded a picture to my Facebook with the new bumper and he commented on it and told me to put one on, because he got a ticket. My mom saw and now demands it has it on there. I'm pissed. It completely destroys the front, IMO. I'm going to try what you suggested. Or possibly a Show-N-Go thing.

Originally Posted by Siber Express (Post 5992014)
The Fascia without the Fogs list for $250, with the Fogs is right at $350. I use a Body shop Discount at Ford so it was $261.75.
I use my Fog Lights now so I definitely wanted to get them on the conversion.

Ah, gotcha. Please post pics when you're done. Are you going to replace the grille?

laserred38 1/2/11 10:42 PM

Post some 3/4 front shots!

Siber Express 1/3/11 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 5992789)
Ah, gotcha. Please post pics when you're done. Are you going to replace the grille?

I am using the the same grill, I like my corralled Pony :nice: