The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   '10-14 V6 Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f801/)
-   -   Bassani Axle Back Exhaust (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f801/bassani-axle-back-exhaust-507956/)

Petunia 4/22/12 08:22 AM

Bassani Axle Back Exhaust

After lots of youtube research, I decided I'm going with the Bassani Axle Back Exhaust for my V6.

I almost bought it from AmericanMuscle, but when I did a search for a better price, NoLimitSpeed.com had it for $100 less than the price on AmericanMuscle.

Has anyone ordered anything from NoLimitSpeed?
Is it trustworthy, or is the -$100 price too good to be true?
Should I just play it safe and pay the extra $100 to get it from AmericanMuscle?

Thanks!!!

Ltngdrvr 4/22/12 09:36 AM

Never heard of no limit speed.

Guess you can see if American Muscle will match their price.

Petunia 4/22/12 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr (Post 6323845)
Never heard of no limit speed.

Guess you can see if American Muscle will match their price.

Thanks. I didn't know they would do price matches. I'll look into it.

Petunia 4/23/12 11:08 AM

I emailed American Muscle yesterday, and still didn't get a response. Do they have a rep on this forum?

Ltngdrvr 4/23/12 11:20 AM

Yesterday was SUNDAY...

Call them, better than e-mails.

Petunia 4/23/12 02:51 PM

thanks for the tip. placed the call, and they did the price match right away over the phone! :) should be receiving it sometime this week.

rechner843 4/23/12 03:30 PM

AM best site to order from IMO, they have the best customer service

Petunia 4/23/12 11:06 PM

My first time ordering from them. The rep was super nice on the phone. The price match was so easy. Just gave her the website with the lower price and it was a done deal!
They'll definitely get future business from me!

11SHELBYGT500 4/23/12 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Petunia
After lots of youtube research, I decided I'm going with the Bassani Axle Back Exhaust for my V6.

I almost bought it from AmericanMuscle, but when I did a search for a better price, NoLimitSpeed.com had it for $100 less than the price on AmericanMuscle.

Has anyone ordered anything from NoLimitSpeed?
Is it trustworthy, or is the -$100 price too good to be true?
Should I just play it safe and pay the extra $100 to get it from AmericanMuscle?

Thanks!!!

I've never heard of no limit speed. Have you asked AM if they would match it, also I believe AM gives a discount for TMS members, not positive on that though. Get the answers before you place an order.

Ltngdrvr 4/23/12 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6325733)
I've never heard of no limit speed. Have you asked AM if they would match it, also I believe AM gives a discount for TMS members, not positive on that though. Get the answers before you place an order.

You obviously didn't read this thread as he did just that after I suggested it to him...

11SHELBYGT500 4/23/12 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr

You obviously didn't read this thread as he did just that after I suggested it to him...

Yeah, I only read her first post, but don't get upset that I didn't read yours, I'm sure your post was terrific.

Petunia 4/24/12 12:05 AM

jesus. i can't spell tonight. edittttt

11SHELBYGT500 4/24/12 12:09 AM

jesus. i can't spell tonight. edittttt

It's late, you're forgiven.

Petunia 4/24/12 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6325756)
It's late, you're forgiven.

lol. don't you ever sleep?

11SHELBYGT500 4/24/12 12:42 AM

Nope lol it's only 11:42

Flagstang 4/24/12 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Petunia (Post 6325121)
thanks for the tip. placed the call, and they did the price match right away over the phone! :) should be receiving it sometime this week.

cough cough joe

11SHELBYGT500 4/24/12 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Flagstang

cough cough joe

????

Petunia 4/24/12 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6325993)
????

lol i thought i was the only one who didn't get it either...

11SHELBYGT500 4/24/12 09:22 AM

lol i thought i was the only one who didn't get it either...

With Adrian one could truly never know. lol

David Young 4/24/12 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Petunia (Post 6325762)

He doesn't. He's a 12 year old home schooled special needs child who spends his whole life making wise *** comments on the Forum. :poke:

AlsCobra 4/24/12 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by David Young

He doesn't. He's a 12 year old home schooled special needs child who spends his whole life making wise *** coments on the Forum. :poke:

Oh SHNAP!!
:agreed:

Petunia 4/24/12 10:38 AM

ouch lol
i heard that slap all the way in Jersey

11SHELBYGT500 4/24/12 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by David Young

He doesn't. He's a 12 year old home schooled special needs child who spends his whole life making wise *** comments on the Forum. :poke:

Oh yeah, well I had sex with your wife. :p

AlsCobra 4/24/12 10:52 AM

That post above your sig is priceless. :D

Petunia 4/25/12 07:55 AM

The exhaust is arriving today!! I keep refreshing the UPS tracking link like an idiot... lol

Petunia 4/25/12 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
didn't fit in the trunk! ahh can't wait to install these on Friday and listen to her purr... well more like growl.

CCTking 4/25/12 11:58 AM

Vids and pics! Im still on the fence about which set-up to run. Im stuck etween (yes) quad tip magnaflow competitions, borka atak and s-type, and bassani. Or and maybe MRT's

Petunia 4/25/12 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking (Post 6327282)
Vids and pics! Im still on the fence about which set-up to run. Im stuck etween (yes) quad tip magnaflow competitions, borka atak and s-type, and bassani. Or and maybe MRT's

haha, you sound like me a few days ago.

I watched/listened to these vids over and over and over again. In the end, I chose the Bassani because it has a really deep sound. Everyone is saying there is a bit of a drone, but it didn't really bother me when listening to the videos. The Borla Atak is nasty! I'd love it, but the cops would probably be waiting at my driveway as soon as I start the ignition. Also liked the Magnaflow, but preferred the Bassani sound more.

I'll post my own videos this weekend! Good luck on picking one out!

http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/dom...stangV6CS.html

CCTking 4/25/12 01:31 PM

haha, you sound like me a few days ago.

I watched/listened to these vids over and over and over again. In the end, I chose the Bassani because it has a really deep sound. Everyone is saying there is a bit of a drone, but it didn't really bother me when listening to the videos. The Borla Atak is nasty! I'd love it, but the cops would probably be waiting at my driveway as soon as I start the ignition. Also liked the Magnaflow, but preferred the Bassani sound more.

I'll post my own videos this weekend! Good luck on picking one out!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lepG8fHte3Q
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJCVQuyWVw
http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/dom...stangV6CS.html

Thanks!
Yea ive been listening to those clips on the AM site and stuff on youtube. I had Borla stingers on my 02 gt an they sounded amazing whoch is making me lean towards those. But the quad tips are just so unique
Ill definitely be posting when i finally make the choice :nice:

Petunia 4/25/12 06:07 PM

7 Attachment(s)
the unveiling. it's saying "rawrrrrr open me!"

i want to put them on nowwwwww!

carfreak666 4/26/12 06:09 AM

Can't wait to see/hear it installed. What do the Tips looks like?

JCStang 4/26/12 12:03 PM

I like the sound of the Ford Racing mufflers but they are so dang expensive....if they were like $399 I would order them today...I keep listening to all the clips out there and for the most part, they all sound good at start up and idle, but have that high pitch raspyness and the popcorn popping sound once you start revving it up. If only they could keep that lower tone all the way through the revs....but i guess thats just the nature of the v6. Dang I wish I could have afforded the V8!!!!!

ShaneGT 4/26/12 12:09 PM

Bassani sounds awesome on my car, 5.0 though, not sure what it will sound like on v6, you should like them though!!

newpony 4/26/12 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JCStang (Post 6328348)
I like the sound of the Ford Racing mufflers but they are so dang expensive....if they were like $399 I would order them today...I keep listening to all the clips out there and for the most part, they all sound good at start up and idle, but have that high pitch raspyness and the popcorn popping sound once you start revving it up. If only they could keep that lower tone all the way through the revs....but i guess thats just the nature of the v6. Dang I wish I could have afforded the V8!!!!!

:agree:

I have the Bassani and like their deep tone but the more I hear the Ford Racing mufflers the more I like them and now wish had gone with them.

Petunia 4/27/12 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes to boyfriends ! I'm here for moral support as he installs the exhausts.

AlsCobra 4/27/12 07:20 PM

Yes to boyfriends ! I'm here for moral support as he installs the exhausts.

I can do moral support. :devil:

ShaneGT 4/29/12 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra (Post 6330188)
I can do moral support. :devil:

you getting moral and oral confused again Al......

AlsCobra 4/29/12 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ShaneGT

you getting moral and oral confused again Al......

Isn't that the same thing? :devil:

CCTking 4/29/12 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Isn't that the same thing? :devil:

I thought so too! Sadly me an the girl arent on the same page there :shame: :banghead:

carfreak666 5/1/12 07:35 AM

Any updates/pics post install?

Petunia 5/1/12 08:53 AM

They're installed :) hehe, having way too much fun driving around, but I will record this week!

carfreak666 5/1/12 09:23 AM

:) I am guessing you are happy with the way it sounds... Similar to what is sounds like in those AM videos?

Petunia 5/1/12 09:33 AM

yup, the sound is deep, she purrs like a lion and i love turning her on in the morning! {yeah yeah, twss}

but like everyone said, there is a bit of a drone at certain spots between 1-2 or 2-3 rpm, but i expected that and it doesn't bother me. sounds like a much stronger car! ... and when i floor it, sounds like it's on the track! :wub:

haha... i gotta calm down - getting too excited lol

carfreak666 5/1/12 09:57 AM

Ha Ha cool... Enjoy!! if possible...can you video that drone as well.. just want to know if its something I can get used to as well. Thanks for all the info...

Halfadeck 5/1/12 02:58 PM

Awesome glad your enjoying it and don't forget to thank the boyfriend haha.

JCStang 5/3/12 04:22 PM

The Ford Racing mufflers sound pretty good and from what I have heard, no drone....when funds are available i am definately going that route...

rechner843 5/3/12 04:24 PM

I have the ford racing ones and they sound amazing definitely worth the price

Petunia 5/3/12 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Halfadeck
Awesome glad your enjoying it and don't forget to thank the boyfriend haha.

He's been thanked. ;)

ShaneGT 5/4/12 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Petunia (Post 6336941)
He's been thanked. ;)

yes, she made him a sandwich..

11SHELBYGT500 5/4/12 01:10 PM

Oh shet!

Petunia 5/4/12 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Oh shet!

wow... I just got this. awkward lol

Petunia 5/5/12 12:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i recorded a video but there was so much extra noise :/ take two tomorrow

in the meantime, a pic of the tip

11SHELBYGT500 5/5/12 12:46 AM

i recorded a video but there was so much extra noise :/ take two tomorrow

in the meantime, a pic of the tip

Okay, waiting patiently. Haha

watchdevil 5/5/12 01:59 AM

Hey just changing the single V6 muffler to a factory GT take-off muffler made me happy! There is a big difference in sound with just using the GT muffler. I was really surprised. I love the sound so much that I all I wanna do is drive with the windows down and no music on.

I just got my x-pipe delivered two days ago so I can installed the left side pipe and GT muffler so it will be a true dual exhaust...

My main motivation for wanting a dual exhaust was to get rid of that wimpy "one testicle" look on the back of my 2010 V6... I had no idea I was going to like the sound so much.

I already have the 2011 GT rear valance installed which has the extra louver details. I just cannot wait to fill the empty exhaust tip opening... It will be done in a few days as soon as I can take it to a shop to get it done.

Petunia 5/5/12 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6338332)
Okay, waiting patiently. Haha

in all honesty, the video i took was complete crap. haha

Originally Posted by watchdevil (Post 6338363)
Hey just changing the single V6 muffler to a factory GT take-off muffler made me happy! There is a big difference in sound with just using the GT muffler. I was really surprised. I love the sound so much that I all I wanna do is drive with the windows down and no music on.

haha i've been the same way since i got the bassanis installed ... i either have no music on or it's a faint whisper. wasting so much gas flooring it though, bc the sound is so much sweeter when it's revved to the max. and the feeling right when it downshifts is so awesome, it's like a slingshot.

cinque35 5/5/12 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by watchdevil (Post 6338363)

nice, did the same thing on my '06, not only does it sound a million times better, the gt muffler has an almost 2 1/2" int diameter that matches the rest if your exhaust, the stock v6 muffler is only 1 3/4" inside

carfreak666 5/6/12 11:02 AM

Thanks for the Pics... will join the queue of the patiently waiting folks :)... was the install fairly simple?

Petunia 5/7/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by carfreak666 (Post 6339499)
Thanks for the Pics... will join the queue of the patiently waiting folks :)... was the install fairly simple?

Yeah basically had to remove the stock muffler at the differential and replace it with the bassanis. I want to say it took about an hour to do the job, including the time it took to jack up the car.

ShaneGT 5/7/12 06:58 PM

Yeah very easy to install, I installed mine in about an hour.. you also have to break off the retaining band from the old mufflers, to be put on bassanis, but a few bends up and down and it falls off. can be done on jacks in driveway.

carfreak666 5/8/12 05:23 AM

Cool...Thanks for the info.. should be upgrading mine in the next couple months :)

watchdevil 5/9/12 12:11 AM

I am hoping to have my dual system complete on Friday!

Petunia 5/11/12 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I am hoping to have my dual system complete on Friday!

Cool! You'll probably post your video before I do! Lol

watchdevil 5/12/12 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Petunia (Post 6344253)
Cool! You'll probably post your video before I do! Lol

Well I got my x-pipe and left side intermediate pipe and left hand GT muffler installed this morning..

I am disappointed though. It does not sound nearly as good as if I had left it as a single GT muffler... :(

The sound is quieter close to the way it was with just the single V6 muffler.

Dang I miss the rumble at idle and lower revs... You can do all the research in the world like I did plus listen to videos and still get it all wrong..

Well at least the exhaust is true dual and has two outlets to properly dress the rear.

Petunia 5/12/12 08:23 AM

Well I got my x-pipe and left side intermediate pipe and left hand GT muffler installed this morning..

I am disappointed though. It does not sound nearly as good as if I had left it as a single GT muffler... :(

Dang I miss the rumble at idle and lower revs... You can do all the research in the world like I did plus listen to videos and still get it all wrong..

Well at least the exhaust is true dual and has two outlets to properly dress the rear.

Oh no! I thought the x-pipe was supposed to enhance the sound? Which specific system did you get?

watchdevil 5/12/12 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Petunia (Post 6345425)
Oh no! I thought the x-pipe was supposed to enhance the sound? Which specific system did you get?

I used a Pypes X-Pipe specifically designed for the 05-10 V6 plus a set of GT take off mufflers. After some more research I may have been better off not using an X-pipe but having and H-pipe fabricated or have each side run straight back with no connection at all. I am also not sure if using certain aftermarket mufflers will make much of a difference or not. I was hoping to retain something close as possible to an old school muscle car sound.

Well, at least I didn't hang a GT muffler on the left side without hooking it up... :fear:

I should had a V8! :rofl2:

watchdevil 5/16/12 10:49 PM

I found out for sure if it is the old school gurglely muscle car sound you want then u need an "H" pipe. The way it is now, I still hear an improvement over the stock single exhaust and standard V6 muffler but the "H" pipe make the sound mellower.

laserred38 5/20/12 06:04 PM

Go with no connected mid pipe. Coming from a fellow V6 owner, trust me. You'll probably want some freer flowing mufflers eventually. Maybe 2010 GT500 mufflers?...

JCStang 5/24/12 08:36 AM

Got a question...can a muffler shop get the GT500 mufflers to fit on a 2012 v6? Has anyone ever done that and if so how does it sound? They are so much cheaper than the Ford Racing mufflers for the v6....

SJ90 5/24/12 02:21 PM

Some one over on AFM did, here's the link to the thread.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ack-video.html

youngstang90 5/24/12 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by SJ90
Some one over on AFM did, here's the link to the thread.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ack-video.html

That actually sounds pretty **** good!

JCStang 5/24/12 08:14 PM

I might have to get these....do they compare to the V6 Ford Racing mufflers? Do they need to weld them on?

JCStang 5/24/12 08:18 PM

Also, do we get any discounts from American Muscle if we order from there?

jsimmons 5/25/12 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by watchdevil (Post 6345533)
I used a Pypes X-Pipe specifically designed for the 05-10 V6 plus a set of GT take off mufflers. After some more research I may have been better off not using an X-pipe but having and H-pipe fabricated or have each side run straight back with no connection at all. I am also not sure if using certain aftermarket mufflers will make much of a difference or not. I was hoping to retain something close as possible to an old school muscle car sound.

Well, at least I didn't hang a GT muffler on the left side without hooking it up... :fear:

I should had a V8! :rofl2:

You're missing the point of the crossover. It's not for sound, but it does serve a purpose, and that's the equalize the back-pressure from the exhaust pulse, thus improving low-end power and torque. An X-pipe is more performant than a H-pipe, but either one is better than neither one.

watchdevil 5/26/12 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by jsimmons (Post 6357946)
You're missing the point of the crossover. It's not for sound, but it does serve a purpose, and that's the equalize the back-pressure from the exhaust pulse, thus improving low-end power and torque. An X-pipe is more performant than a H-pipe, but either one is better than neither one.

I am not missing the point at all because I already know that the purpose of an X-pipe is for the best performance through low restriction and equalized exhaust pulses. However that was not my primary goal. My goal was to change to true dual exhaust to fill out the dual outlet rear valance and to try to get as close as possible to a old school muscle car sound. Everywhere I have read doing research they say X-pipes give off a raspier sound while H-pipes yield a deeper sound. There are no prefabricated H-pipes for V6's that I could find, just X-pipes. So that is what I got.

AlsCobra 5/26/12 01:35 AM

X-pipe allegedly will give you a little more hp over the H. But less that 10hp
And really closer to about 5hp. They are a good bit raspier because the two flows collide and redirect. So it mixes the two sides. The H just equalizes both sides pressure. Get a much more even sound which i think sounds a lot better and pretty good flow regardless. Really wish bassani would offer a H replacement for the X I currently have.

laserred38 5/26/12 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by jsimmons

Except a crossover pipe isn't really needed with a V6 due to its firing order...

CYCLON37 5/27/12 10:40 AM

Why'd you go with GT mufflers? Not even GT's sound good with them imo. Got a friend with pypes x-pipe and magnaflow catback. One of the best sounding 4.0 I've ever heard.

watchdevil 5/28/12 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by CYCLON37 (Post 6360101)
Why'd you go with GT mufflers? Not even GT's sound good with them imo. Got a friend with pypes x-pipe and magnaflow catback. One of the best sounding 4.0 I've ever heard.

Unlike some people who have $499 or so to throw away on a complete Pypes system with mufflers, I went with GT mufflers because I got the pair for $25. When I picked them up I was told they may even be from a Bullitt model. I also got a used GT LH intermediate pipe for $30. I bought the Pypes X-Pipe for $130. A pair of muffler mounts to install the left side were $35. Labor to install was $120.

Anyway, my main motivation was to install true dual exhaust to fill out the exhaust cutouts in my new GT valance. At first I really did not give a flip what the exhaust sounded like. I just wanted to get rid of the wimpy look of a single outlet exhaust. After putting one GT muffler on the right side replacing the original V6 muffler, I was surprised how much I liked the sound coming through just that one muffler. Later when I got the X-pipe installed with the left side pipe and muffler, the sound I liked was reduced a bit and that's just because I no longer have the sound of all six cylinders coming through one GT muffler. I achieved my original objective so I can always spend more money later on a different set of cat-backs if I want to.

laserred38 5/28/12 11:11 AM

I would give no mid pipe a try...

CYCLON37 5/28/12 12:56 PM

Unlike some people who have $499 or so to throw away on a complete Pypes system with mufflers, I went with GT mufflers because I got the pair for $25. When I picked them up I was told they may even be from a Bullitt model. I also got a used GT LH intermediate pipe for $30. I bought the Pypes X-Pipe for $130. A pair of muffler mounts to install the left side were $35. Labor to install was $120.

Anyway, my main motivation was to install true dual exhaust to fill out the exhaust cutouts in my new GT valance. At first I really did not give a flip what the exhaust sounded like. I just wanted to get rid of the wimpy look of a single outlet exhaust. After putting one GT muffler on the right side replacing the original V6 muffler, I was surprised how much I liked the sound coming through just that one muffler. Later when I got the X-pipe installed with the left side pipe and muffler, the sound I liked was reduced a bit and that's just because I no longer have the sound of all six cylinders coming through one GT muffler. I achieved my original objective so I can always spend more money later on a different set of cat-backs if I want to.

Ah ok. I see. As long as it's better then stock you can't complain too much I guess. Maybe down the road you can just upgrade the mufflers. Maybe you could try a local exhaust shop and see what they can do for you.

watchdevil 5/28/12 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by CYCLON37 (Post 6361104)
Ah ok. I see. As long as it's better then stock you can't complain too much I guess. Maybe down the road you can just upgrade the mufflers. Maybe you could try a local exhaust shop and see what they can do for you.

Upgrading the mufflers is an easy do it yourself job if you buy the ones that are made for these cars. I only needed a shop to do the work because I did not have a lift, cutting equipment and pipe expander needed to install the x-pipe.

I would love to hear some live sounds of various 4.0 V6 models with different mufflers.. But no You Tube videos... I cannot tell squat from those.

watchdevil 5/28/12 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6361040)
I would give no mid pipe a try...

I really wish I just had the muffler shop just run everything straight back dual with no X or H pipe. You always learn more after the fact.

You know I also took one muffler off and started it to see what it sounded like. Of course it was horrible.

watchdevil 5/30/12 04:34 PM

Well here is the sound better than the stock single V6 muffler...