Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Window Stickers for reflash

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/16, 08:21 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Window Stickers for reflash

I am trying to find a vin number to flash pcm for my auto swap. I am having trouble finding a place to see the window stickers to compare options. All the places seem to be disabled now to view them.
I need one for a 13 400A premium Brembo, 3.31 6r80 without nav and without back up assist and no power passenger seat. The one that's loaded in it now was for back up assist, which my car does not have.
Old 1/19/16, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by lx92coupe
I am trying to find a vin number to flash pcm for my auto swap. I am having trouble finding a place to see the window stickers to compare options. All the places seem to be disabled now to view them.
I need one for a 13 400A premium Brembo, 3.31 6r80 without nav and without back up assist and no power passenger seat. The one that's loaded in it now was for back up assist, which my car does not have.
Well, none of that is controlled by the PCM. Power seats are done by the seat itself, backup camera is an option in the radio and the beeping backup assist is a separate module. Why don't you describe your exact problem you have so we can help you out?
Flashing the PCM won't do what you are hoping to solve.
LEXiiON
Old 1/20/16, 04:50 AM
V6 Member

Need to reflash all modules.pcm Abs icm, etc Car is auto swapped with a base donor car
It has cdtc's in cluster etc Need a vin that is like my car except auto. The guy that swapped for me put in a vin from a car that is not like mine

Last edited by lx92coupe; 1/20/16 at 04:53 AM.
Old 1/20/16, 04:54 AM
V6 Member

I can't see window stickers anymore to check options. Those sites seem to be disabled
Old 1/20/16, 05:02 AM
V6 Member

I am just trying to get proper as built data
Old 1/20/16, 06:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Well, none of that is controlled by the PCM. Power seats are done by the seat itself, backup camera is an option in the radio and the beeping backup assist is a separate module. Why don't you describe your exact problem you have so we can help you out?
LEXiiON
I might not be clear on what I need. Right now the modules have been pmi with a vin that has wrong as built. It had back up assist and my car does not. I don't know what else. They all show that vin. I want to get it straightened out with as built that agrees with my car. The PCM and cluster and abs show that vin.
I think he went down the list and pmi all modules with that vin

Last edited by lx92coupe; 1/20/16 at 06:27 AM.
Old 1/20/16, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
If you need As built data just go on cars.com and go searching around for what you need. it is the easiest way to figure that out as a dealer would list a back up camera and Nav and whatnot
Old 1/20/16, 07:40 AM
V6 Member

I have done that and might have a vin that's right. I can't verify 100%. That will help. But I have more problems than that. We bought a new abs and it still has u201 fault after being pmi several times. Yesterday I received the donor abs and have not installed it yet. I don't want to brick it too. I am not sure how to proceed with my car not having the PCM vin of the donor car I am not too worried about back up assist fault but I need to get the abs working.
Old 1/20/16, 07:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Are you on Anything Coyote Mustang Related on Facebook?
Old 1/20/16, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I might not be clear on what I need. Right now the modules have been pmi with a vin that has wrong as built. It had back up assist and my car does not. I don't know what else. They all show that vin. I want to get it straightened out with as built that agrees with my car. The PCM and cluster and abs show that vin.
I think he went down the list and pmi all modules with that vin
Ok. So here is your issue and the fix:

The only thing you should have PMI'd is the ABS module to get rid of the incompatible software. And download the as-build data into the IPC from the automatic car to get the right display of the gears.
No need to PMI the rest.
Now here is how you can fix that: download the as built data from your car back into all the other modules (except ABS, PCM and IPC).
That should fix your issue.

LEXiiON
Old 1/20/16, 09:03 AM
V6 Member

LEXiiON
Ok. So here is your issue and the fix:

The only thing you should have PMI'd is the ABS module to get rid of the incompatible software. And download the as-build data into the IPC from the automatic car to get the right display of the gears.
No need to PMI the rest.
Now here is how you can fix that: download the as built data from your car back into all the other modules (except ABS, PCM and IPC).
That should fix your issue.

LEXiiON
Right now my PCM is a vin number from some other car. Do I put it back to donor car vin as built?
Old 1/20/16, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Right now my PCM is a vin number from some other car. Do I put it back to donor car vin as built?
Did you get rid of your ABS DTC? If yes and the VIN currently in the PCM is from an automatic car, there is no need to PMI the PCM back to the donor VIN. You can do it for consistency, but not necessarily needed.
Find an automatic car without backup assist and get the as-built of that vehicle for the IPC. Then update the IPC with this as-built data, which should get rid of the backup assist in the screen.

LEXiiON
Old 1/20/16, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

Did you get rid of your ABS DTC? If yes and the VIN currently in the PCM is from an automatic car, there is no need to PMI the PCM back to the donor VIN. You can do it for consistency, but not necessarily needed.
Find an automatic car without backup assist and get the as-built of that vehicle for the IPC. Then update the IPC with this as-built data, which should get rid of the backup assist in the screen.

LEXiiON
I am at work and won't be working on it until this evening. Forgive my lack of knowledge on this. I am not sure of steps but think this.
First step is pmi PCM back to donor auto car
Install donor abs. Pmi it with donor vin
Pmi ipc with vin of car without back up assist
Does that sound right?
Old 1/20/16, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am at work and won't be working on it until this evening. Forgive my lack of knowledge on this. I am not sure of steps but think this.
First step is pmi PCM back to donor auto car
Install donor abs. Pmi it with donor vin
Pmi ipc with vin of car without back up assist
Does that sound right?
No need to PMI the IPC. Just update as-built on the IPC.

LEXiiON
Old 1/20/16, 10:11 AM
V6 Member

No need to PMI the IPC. Just update as-built on the IPC.

LEXiiON
Ok. So you think I am correct that I pmi PCM to donor first?
Then install donor abs and pmi it to donor?
Will I have to do keys again?
Old 1/20/16, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ok. So you think I am correct that I pmi PCM to donor first?
Then install donor abs and pmi it to donor?
Will I have to do keys again?
That should work. I doubt you have to do keys again. Might have to do a Parameter Reset in the security menu, if the PATS light flashes.

LEXiiON
Old 1/20/16, 10:28 AM
V6 Member

That should work. I doubt you have to do keys again. Might have to do a Parameter Reset in the security menu, if the PATS light flashes.

LEXiiON
I hope it works. It sucks to be at work when I want to be at home working on my car. I am programming a pipeline pump station today to trip the booster pumps and lockout if pressure spikes before the mainline units get up to flow rate. My mind is at home in the shop.
Old 1/20/16, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.31 was not an option for a 6R80 car. 3.15 is the only auto option. You'll never find a matching VIN with that combination.
Old 1/20/16, 11:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
3.31 was not an option for a 6R80 car. 3.15 is the only auto option. You'll never find a matching VIN with that combination.
True. But you can change the axle gear ratio in the PCM without the need for a other VIN option at all (no PMI, no as built, it's in the section of tire size and axle ratio)

LEXiiON
Old 1/20/16, 11:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2014GHIGGT
Good catch! My car has to run aftermarket tune anyway because of tvs. It has the gear and the revs/mile corrected anyway. So, what's in stock tune can still be 3.15 and it won't matter. I will look there and change it tho

Last edited by lx92coupe; 1/20/16 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Window Stickers for reflash