5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Roush AB question!

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/11, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush AB question!

Does anyone know or have proof of the roush axle backs giving any whp gains?? Just curious I have heard the they give gains of 5whp to 8 whp. I'm skeptical about this
Old 10/24/11, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I've heard that axlebacks of any brand dont give u any hp gains... Only sound... u have to get catbacks to get hp gains
Old 10/25/11, 08:28 PM
GT Member

I have them installed and my coyote says "thank you much for uncorking me". I'd say 5hp is likely...
Old 10/26/11, 01:49 AM
Banned

No HP gains but lighter than stock and the gt500's. I just preferred the gt500's without resonators better. It is personal preference. Both exhaust a/b systems are great bang for your buck
Old 10/26/11, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Hmmm not sold on hp gains from axel backs. Until someone shows me a same-day dyno with a gain I am extreamly skeptical...

That being said, the butt dyno most likely will see a gain simply because of how much better the car sounds!
Old 10/26/11, 03:28 PM
GT Member

I've got some magnaflow off-road x-pipes
Old 10/26/11, 03:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by black5.0
I've got some magnaflow off-road x-pipes
Meant to say, magnaflow off-road x-pipes I'm looking to get rid of. 2k miles on em. Pm me if interested
Old 10/26/11, 06:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by kona stang10
I have them installed and my coyote says "thank you much for uncorking me". I'd say 5hp is likely...
Originally Posted by Bmeline916
Does anyone know or have proof of the roush axle backs giving any whp gains?? Just curious I have heard the they give gains of 5whp to 8 whp. I'm skeptical about this
no gains from axlebacks
Old 10/27/11, 08:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Secondhandloser
no gains from axlebacks
According to Roush engineers your statement is not true...

Description:
Your Mustang Exhaust will never sound better.

The ROUSH® 2011-2012 Mustang Exhaust Kit with Round Tips is a innovative new exhaust system from ROUSH that features a open-chambered design muffler, as opposed to conventional fiberglass-packing.

The result is a exhaust for the Mustang that delivers a unique and less inhibited sound, increased longevity (there is no fiberglass that will break-down with time) and increased air flow for increased horsepower and torque by increasing airflow and reducing back pressure. Another added benefit of this system is the lack of the in-cockpit boom normally found with performance exhaust systems at cruising speeds.

Not only does the ROUSH 2011-2012 Mustang Exhaust sound good, it looks good as well. The round tips are made from high-quality 304 stainless steel and are finished with a chrome flashing process.

Conventional chrome plating uses layers of bonded chemicals to achieve its shiny appearance, which are susceptible to cracking and flaking especially when exposed to high temperatures (like exhaust). However, the chrome flashing used in this system is bonded micro-porously to the metal surface, and is as a result impervious to cracking from localized damage. This method of chroming is also resistant to heat color change.

The mufflers and inlet pipe are made from 409 stainless steel for increased durability. This kit carries a 3 year limited warranty.

This Mustang Exhaust is quick and easy to install and uses the factory hanger mountings, so you don't have to fabricate your own. This kit also features new OE-quality spherical clamps for a better fit. This kit has no negative effect on emissions.
Old 10/28/11, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Description:

The ROUSH® 2011-2012 Mustang Exhaust Kit with Round Tips is a innovative new exhaust system from ROUSH that features a open-chambered design muffler, as opposed to conventional fiberglass-packing.

The result is a exhaust for the Mustang that delivers a unique and less inhibited sound, increased longevity (there is no fiberglass that will break-down with time) and increased air flow for increased horsepower and torque by increasing airflow and reducing back pressure. Another added benefit of this system is the lack of the in-cockpit boom normally found with performance exhaust systems at cruising speeds.

Not only does the ROUSH 2011-2012 Mustang Exhaust sound good, it looks good as well. The round tips are made from high-quality 304 stainless steel and are finished with a chrome flashing process.

Conventional chrome plating uses layers of bonded chemicals to achieve its shiny appearance, which are susceptible to cracking and flaking especially when exposed to high temperatures (like exhaust). However, the chrome flashing used in this system is bonded micro-porously to the metal surface, and is as a result impervious to cracking from localized damage. This method of chroming is also resistant to heat color change.

The mufflers and inlet pipe are made from 409 stainless steel for increased durability. This kit carries a 3 year limited warranty.

This Mustang Exhaust is quick and easy to install and uses the factory hanger mountings, so you don't have to fabricate your own. This kit also features new OE-quality spherical clamps for a better fit. This kit has no negative effect on emissions.
I am skeptical but not going to say yes it does or no it dosent with out proof like dyno sheets. One reason is because Comboed with other exhaust mods it very well may give a slight gain. If any one can find proof please post. Thanks
Old 10/28/11, 07:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't noticed a difference in power. When I was talking to a guy at Bama he said they didn't give any gains until you go cat-back or headers. Only difference I've ever noticed was the sound got deeper once the CAI went on. Plus the tone is different between street and performance tunes.
Old 10/28/11, 08:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Does it get louder with a CAI and tune?!? Hopefully
Old 10/28/11, 08:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
It's gets deeper, almost angry sounding. I loaded the race tune today to enjoy this cool weather and she sounds down right beastly! Traction was an issue today with the Pirelli's back on...
Old 10/29/11, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
Difference in exhaust tone from stock with just roush axlebacks to now Boss intake, JLT CAI, and Steeda race tune w/ Roush AB's is awesome!!! Deeper tone and monstrous at high rpm's! It's sweet music too my ears my car might turn green on me when I put on the headers and o/r x pipe! Hulk type S***
Old 10/29/11, 10:33 AM
V6 Member

Description:

No numbers, no dynos. Yeah, I'm totally buying this creation of marketing hype as fact.
Old 10/29/11, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont care if I gained any power, my intake, tune, catless x pipe will fix that for me. The fact that I can hear my car is worth GIVING up 5hp...IMO
Old 10/29/11, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by slostang
I dont care if I gained any power, my intake, tune, catless x pipe will fix that for me. The fact that I can hear my car is worth GIVING up 5hp...IMO
don't disagree. it's about the sound, not power.
Old 10/29/11, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Secondhandloser
don't disagree. it's about the sound, not power.
I just like to know facts about different mods not just talk. Proof in numbers.
Old 10/29/11, 11:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

my car might turn green on me when I put on the headers and o/r x pipe! Hulk type S***
Lol!
Old 10/29/11, 01:02 PM
V6 Member

I just like to know facts about different mods not just talk. Proof in numbers.
Roush would post numbers if there were gains. They would tout them everywhere.

Besides that, anyone that has been around for cars for any period of time understands there is not any major restriction in the mufflers. There is not room for substantial flow benefits due to swapping one mufflers out for another.