5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

JLT Intake REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/11, 08:09 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddyd666
I'd answer your question but as everyone clearly points out, I know nothing about mustangs, I'm a troll, and I have never had a mustang, and I have never had a mustang warranty voided by an aftermarket part.....
Responses like this is what people on here have a problem with. You were asked a direct question regarding you specific problem. If you don't want to answer thats fine but now you just egging people on.
Old 2/21/11, 08:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07S197

Responses like this is what people on here have a problem with. You were asked a direct question regarding you specific problem. If you don't want to answer thats fine but now you just egging people on.

This.
Old 2/21/11, 08:41 PM
GTR Member

That
Glad to see you're well on your way to that permanent vacation from here.
Old 2/21/11, 08:45 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
in the USA if a ford dealer installs a ford racing part it is cover by warranty. I bought my 2007 with 2100 miles from a dealer and it was preowned certified(10yr100k) and yes it had the 550 hp whipple kit. I had the dealer give me a write doc incase anything happened.
Old 2/21/11, 09:23 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

I gave an example if what happened to me early in this thread and if you guys don't agree with it why reply to it?? Or do you reply to every post you don't agree with?? That is what eggs people on! Not me sharing real life experiences.
You said that you had a voided Ford warranty due to an aftermarket item. Then later in the thread you said it was caused by a lean condition as a result of a JLT intake. Both myself and Charlie suggested that it was the tune that caused the issue and not the intake. Back when this happened to you the person to go after was not Ford but the person who wrote the tune. The tune was the cause of the damage, not the intake. We were simply asking who you got the tune from and if you looked at that being the cause, we were asking this because maybe you were not aware that the tune could the lean condition.

I will end my discussion on this topic here as we have very un-politely hijacked this thread from the OP. To that person I apologize and to Dayne, if you want to continue this discussion in a civil manner via PM please feel free to respond.

Last edited by 07S197; 2/21/11 at 09:25 PM.
Old 2/21/11, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...-update-2.html

About halfway down the page, a member asks "Tucker" if you can run this intake without a tune. His response was..."You will get a CEL and run lean. You must tune for the CAI."

Maybe that was the case of Daddyd666's car running lean? I'm just assuming now since I didn't get a direct answer.
Old 2/22/11, 05:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
in the USA if a ford dealer installs a ford racing part it is cover by warranty. I bought my 2007 with 2100 miles from a dealer and it was preowned certified(10yr100k) and yes it had the 550 hp whipple kit. I had the dealer give me a write doc incase anything happened.
Again, wrong. Like I said, its not a ford motor company warranty, its a ford racing warranty. Your 10 yr warranty was likely an aftermarket one. As far as Ford motor company is concerned, any aftermarket modification that causes failure will void the warranty for that system. As an example, a supercharger was added and the transmission or engine blew up.

This is the warranty statement from ford racing you can find here on the page for the supercharger itself http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11439.

The New Limited Warranty Program
All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.

Ford Racing Performance Parts are sold "as is" with no warranty. A Limited Warranty is available for some select parts and will be denoted by the following logo...

1) Crate Engines
Ford Racing Performance Parts warrants the original retail purchaser for 12 months or 12,000 miles on our Performance Crate Engines.

2) FR1 & FR3 Power Packs for the 2005 - 2010 Mustangs and Shelby GT500
The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

•A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of new vehicle delivery
•A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

3) Select FR SuperPacks for 2005 - 2010 Mustangs and 2007 - 2010 Shelby GT500
The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

•A 1 year / 12,000 mile warranty is applicable when installed by an Authorized Dealer ( Ford, Lincoln Mercury or Shelby Automotive) prior to the vehicle reaching either 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
•View Ford Racing Limited Warranty for details

Last edited by falhulk; 2/22/11 at 06:57 AM.
Old 2/22/11, 05:56 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

It was a Jlt cai that was on my old 07gt and the tune that came with it straight from Jlt performance....that's why I put my experience on this thread..... Make sense now??
Oh and I will add that Jlt did nothing to help my with this problem! So I figured I'd give other Jlt owners a heads up....it was a great product for about a month but then the problems started.....so now If you really wanted a Jlt intake I would get it from somewhere else with a different tune.
That was all you had to say in your first post, then people may have been more receptive to your experience. By making the broad sweeping statement you did in your first post you left us with more questions than answers.
Old 2/22/11, 12:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh and by the way the Jlt intake made my car run lean and in turn caused problems with my car! So ya they will void your warranty if you have anything that even may slightly be related to the intake!
What tune made your car run lean?
Old 2/22/11, 03:54 PM
GT Member

Old 2/22/11, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

It was a 87 octane tune and again it was on my 07 gt not my 2011 gt.... It came with the cai straight from Jlt not a tune from another performance campany...hope this helps! I don't mean to come off as ignorant it's just my personality....when I have had a personal experience or a strong opinion about something I voice it so other people don't have this happen to them I live in Canada and there is no magnuson law or whatever and just a cai and tune that makes your engine work harder than it did factory will void your warranty when something happens....end of story from me!
The problem was you said it voided the warranty without saying why. it did not void the whole warranty, just what was effected by the mod.
Old 2/22/11, 04:36 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by falhulk
Again, wrong. Like I said, its not a ford motor company warranty, its a ford racing warranty. Your 10 yr warranty was likely an aftermarket one. As far as Ford motor company is concerned, any aftermarket modification that causes failure will void the warranty for that system. As an example, a supercharger was added and the transmission or engine blew up.

This is the warranty statement from ford racing you can find here on the page for the supercharger itself http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...KeyField=11439.

The New Limited Warranty Program
All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.

Ford Racing Performance Parts are sold "as is" with no warranty. A Limited Warranty is available for some select parts and will be denoted by the following logo...

1) Crate Engines
Ford Racing Performance Parts warrants the original retail purchaser for 12 months or 12,000 miles on our Performance Crate Engines.

2) FR1 & FR3 Power Packs for the 2005 - 2010 Mustangs and Shelby GT500

•A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of new vehicle delivery
•A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

3) Select FR SuperPacks for 2005 - 2010 Mustangs and 2007 - 2010 Shelby GT500

•A 1 year / 12,000 mile warranty is applicable when installed by an Authorized Dealer ( Ford, Lincoln Mercury or Shelby Automotive) prior to the vehicle reaching either 36 months or 36,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
•View Ford Racing Limited Warranty for details

You simpy do not know what you are talking about and spreding bad info. I have owned these cars and dealt with the serives depo. so until you have done both of those things please stop cuting and pasting ford racing info for parts on the site and relax and have a coke and a smile.
Old 2/22/11, 04:50 PM

Small claims procedures are simple in Ontario and up to $25,000; only a matter of filling in some forms which may only end up in arbitration
Old 2/22/11, 04:52 PM

Oh and by the way the Jlt intake made my car run lean and in turn caused problems with my car! So ya they will void your warranty if you have anything that even may slightly be related to the intake!
Did you install it with a custom tune? If so, which one?
Old 2/22/11, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
You simpy do not know what you are talking about and spreding bad info. I have owned these cars and dealt with the serives depo. so until you have done both of those things please stop cuting and pasting ford racing info for parts on the site and relax and have a coke and a smile.
Please explain how I am wrong and prove it. You cant just say its wrong and move on. This is common knowledge and if you search this site you will find this info. Talk to your dealer. Better yet, call Ford customer service and see what they say.
Old 2/22/11, 06:46 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

my proff is that ive owned the cars and dealt with serives.. not jkust once or a few time but for Years and I know what I am talking about. My dealer is a svt and ford racing cert dealer and I have bought and had many cars serviced there. They installed the ford racing whipple on my 07 and it was covered under the 100k miles facty certified warranty. You think I would buy a car with a 8k sc kit on it and not have a warranty to cover my back side? I made sure the dealer GM and the rep for the dealer gave me paperwork stating this.

coke

Last edited by Flagstang; 2/22/11 at 06:49 PM.
Old 2/22/11, 06:59 PM
Cobra Member

I was also under the impression that while the FRPP parts were covered by A warranty, it wasn't the bumper-to-bumper or ESPs?
Old 2/22/11, 07:06 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
I was also under the impression that while the FRPP parts were covered by A warranty, it wasn't the bumper-to-bumper or ESPs?
My understand is that it is covered if installed by a dealer when the vehicle is purchased new, and only on some items, ie. the 400hp s/c kit was covered but not the HO 550hp kit.

Otherwise the coverage defaults to what FRPP offers with the items and even then they must be installed by an authorized dealer.

This has been discussed many times and it is still very confusing.

This is what FRPP has to say about Superchargers:

Super Packs (2005-2009 MY: M-6066-M463V, M-6066-M463P, M-6066-M463V7,
M-6066-M463P7, M-6066-M463V8, M-6066-M463P8, M-6066-SGT; 2010 MY:
M-6066-MGT400C, M-6066-MGT400PC, M-6066-MSVTA; 2011 MY: M-6066-MGT525D,
M-6066-MGT525PD) are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when
installed by an authorized Ford Dealer or Shelby Automotive, Inc., beginning upon dealer
installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing and ends at either 12 months or
12,000 miles/20,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first. Installation must occur prior to the
vehicle reaching either 24 months or 24,000 miles/40,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first,
from the beginning of the manufacturer’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty
replaces the existing manufacturer’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and
suspension parts when a concern is triggered by a warranted Ford Racing Super Pack. All
engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing
Super Pack remain subject to existing manufacturer’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
• 400 hp Super Packs are only warranted when dealer installed on Mustang GT
4.6L engines.
• 605 hp and 660 hp Super Packs are only warranted when dealer installed on Shelby
GT500 5.4L engines.
• 525 hp Super Packs are only warranted when dealer installed on Mustang GT and Shelby
GT350 5.0L engines.

Super Pack Note: Customers who purchase Super Packs are required to use 91-octane
or higher fuels at all times. Any failures associated with the non-use of premium
91-octane fuel will be ineligible for warranty repair.
Super Pack Registration: This limited warranty requires that parts must be purchased
from an authorized Ford Racing Dealer and installed by a Ford Dealer or Shelby
Automotive, Inc. Proof of purchase may be required for submission of warranty claims.
Registration for this warranty must be submitted by a Ford Dealer or Shelby Automotive,
Inc. through the Ford Performance Call Center (800) 367-3788 with Dealer P&A Code, the
vehicle identification number (VIN), part installation repair order and date, Ford Racing
part number and owner information.

Last edited by 07S197; 2/22/11 at 07:27 PM.
Old 2/22/11, 08:30 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 07S197
My understand is that it is covered if installed by a dealer when the vehicle is purchased new, and only on some items, ie. the 400hp s/c kit was covered but not the HO 550hp kit.

Otherwise the coverage defaults to what FRPP offers with the items and even then they must be installed by an authorized dealer.

This has been discussed many times and it is still very confusing.

This is what FRPP has to say about Superchargers:
Hmmm interesting post, thanks for that info regarding FRPP and Superchargers.
Old 2/22/11, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
Nice, i was gonna get the JLT painted to match car.. good to hear it has good reviews.. I just have to keep checking with BAMA to see if they got a tune for it..
We just got our plastic intakes in last week. We'll have a tune ready for them by the end of this week! We've been testing the last few days and we're doing some consistency checks with a few cars in different environments around the country.

Quick Reply: JLT Intake REVIEW