The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   5.0L GT Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/)
-   -   Eibach saga... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/eibach-saga-513871/)

PJRManagement 9/21/12 01:09 PM

Eibach saga...

Last May, I had a long and gruesome Eibach / Tire Rack saga. Long-story-short, I ordered a full suspension system for my 2011 GT (springs, dampers, sways), but they sent me parts for a 2009 - looked the same, completed install, wrong fit. Had to start all over from scratch. Once the correct parts were installed, the handling is awesome. However, since the install, there has been a loud 'clunk' noise coming from the rear-end of the car, especially over bumps. I contacted Eibach several times, and their only suggestion was to simply tighten everything down. Well, I did that, and it did not solve the problem. Finally, I found the source of the rear 'clunk' noise (on my own, with no help from Eibach). It turns out that Eibach included the wrong bushings for the rear sway bar, the ones that connect the two large center-links. When I called Eibach, their reply was, 'yes, we know we have sent out some wrong bushings to some customers'...WTF???!!! So they sent me new bushings, I just had them installed today, and...THE CLUNK NOISE IS NOW GONE! Just thought you should know, in case anyone has the same noise problem.

Defiant 5.0 9/21/12 02:43 PM

Wow, I'll bet that's a lot of weight off of your shoulders.

cdynaco 9/21/12 03:11 PM

Glad the clunk is gone but that is pretty outrageous of Eibach. None for me thanx. :bad:

PJRManagement 9/21/12 07:15 PM

Ken - you are so right. It was so frustrating.
Charlie - Amen. So many lessons learned here, by me, for next time.
I've already communicated with one other TMS member who had the identical problem, now he can get his fixed, too. I'm hoping this will help others.

2011mustanggt 9/22/12 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Last May, I had a long and gruesome Eibach / Tire Rack saga. Long-story-short, I ordered a full suspension system for my 2011 GT (springs, dampers, sways), but they sent me parts for a 2009 - looked the same, completed install, wrong fit. Had to start all over from scratch. Once the correct parts were installed, the handling is awesome. However, since the install, there has been a loud 'clunk' noise coming from the rear-end of the car, especially over bumps. I contacted Eibach several times, and their only suggestion was to simply tighten everything down. Well, I did that, and it did not solve the problem. Finally, I found the source of the rear 'clunk' noise (on my own, with no help from Eibach). It turns out that Eibach included the wrong bushings for the rear sway bar, the ones that connect the two large center-links. When I called Eibach, their reply was, 'yes, we know we have sent out some wrong bushings to some customers'...WTF???!!! So they sent me new bushings, I just had them installed today, and...THE CLUNK NOISE IS NOW GONE! Just thought you should know, in case anyone has the same noise problem.

Holy crap-I had the EXACT same thing happen! I worked with Eibach and they sent an order out to their bushing supplier. The fella there was very helpful. Shi# sometimes happens like this...love the suspension kit!

PBPod 10/13/12 06:05 PM

Last month I installed the Eibach Multi-Pro R2s and the adjustable sways on my '13GT. I talked and emailed the Eibach people and they were helpful with my selection.

I could not be happier with the ease of install and handling improvement. No problems so far so I can't comment on their customer service in that regard.

BlackMamba03 10/14/12 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by PBPod (Post 6464507)
Last month I installed the Eibach Multi-Pro R2s and the adjustable sways on my '13GT. I talked and emailed the Eibach people and they were helpful with my selection.

I could not be happier with the ease of install and handling improvement. No problems so far so I can't comment on their customer service in that regard.

You should start a new thread about your install. Post pictures and give some feedback. That's the kit I'm looking to install and would love to know how the install went, etc.

PJRManagement 10/15/12 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03 (Post 6465096)
You should start a new thread about your install. Post pictures and give some feedback. That's the kit I'm looking to install and would love to know how the install went, etc.

---
:agree:
Ps: I just had my first track day since installing the Eibach set-up (Pro-System-Plus-Kit [springs, dampers, sway bars]) and the results are incredible compared with stock. So...props to Eibach for making a great product, but man what a headache getting it all right.

FromZto5 10/16/12 10:34 PM

Pete... That's terrible customer service. Sorry to hear bro. Based on your comments, they have lost another customer.

Originally Posted by BlackMamba03 (Post 6465096)

Jamie... You got your mustang now?

PJRManagement 10/16/12 10:47 PM

I know those Eibach Multi-Pro R2s are coil-overs and pretty extreme, and probably great for racing. The Eibach set-up I went with is more tame, and keeps a great daily-driver comfortable ride, but really sticks great in the corners and on the track. If any of you want to see the results of my Eibach install, check out my videos from my track day this past Sunday:
https://themustangsource.com/f660/vi...untain-514727/
See how flat the car remains? I am very impressed.

BlackMamba03 10/18/12 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by FromZto5 (Post 6467384)
Jamie... You got your mustang now?

Was gonna pull the trigger on a '13 GT but I put in my paperwork to transfer to active duty so I'm holding off until I get my orders and get to my new base. Then all the fun will begin :heh:

Also, I decided when I do my coilovers, I'm going with a Fortune-Auto set up instead of Eibach.