Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

CAI QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/13, 04:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAI QUESTION

I have had engine light and misfire problems 3 times before on my 2013 5.0 like others on here and since the last time it seems it has been Ok. Installed Airaid CAI without tune and yesturday my engine light came on again. Went back to dealer this morning, left car and about 3 hrs later they called me that they reset the computer again. They said that the engine was running too lean and causing misfiring and that it was fluctuating do to the valve in the Airaid tube being loose because it is only held on by a grommet and could cause engine light to come back on again if I leave the Airaid CAI on. They ask me to bring stock CAI back so they could put it back on and retest, after they put stock one on everything checked out and was no longer running lean. Man I loved that Airaid CAI great sound, but apparently is causing problems. Questions: Is there anything I can do to get that great sound that I got with the Airaid out of the stock CAI ? Is the dealer pulling my leg just to keep the Airaid CAI off the car. I do not want to void warrenty I only have 3900 miles on car.

Last edited by Bill's 5.0; 4/18/13 at 04:05 PM.
Old 4/18/13, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is your car an auto? If so you need to use some sealant when installing that plug. It will stop the leak. I would think a good RTV sealant should work fine.
Old 4/19/13, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
Is your car an auto? If so you need to use some sealant when installing that plug. It will stop the leak. I would think a good RTV sealant should work fine.
No I do not have a Automatic I have a 6 spd. I do not know what the name of the valve is called but it's the one right next to that Auto valve.
Old 4/19/13, 07:47 AM
Banned

Found my instructions on the Airaid CAI. the valve I am referring to is the " CRANK CASE BREATHER LINE VALVE ". that is causing car to run too lean. does anyone have any suggestions ?

Last edited by Bill's 5.0; 4/19/13 at 07:49 AM.
Old 4/19/13, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you have the Venturi Tube installed? If not, then this would also cause the car to run lean.
Old 4/19/13, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bill's 5.0
Found my instructions on the Airaid CAI. the valve I am referring to is the " CRANK CASE BREATHER LINE VALVE ". that is causing car to run too lean. does anyone have any suggestions ?
I really don't know...I haven't had an issue with mine. I ran with that set up for 5k miles before I installed breathers and blocked that port off with a plug and still haven't had a problem. You should contact Airaid's customer service and ask them directly.
Old 4/19/13, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tbone004
Did you have the Venturi Tube installed? If not, then this would also cause the car to run lean.
YES, the Venturi tube was inside the CAI tube, because it had to be turn to line up the slot for the MAF Sensor. It may just be the problem with the 2013's because as far as I know they are the only model year that is having a lot of problems with MISFIRES ( see "Misfire" thread in Warranty and Service Issues ).