The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   5.0L GT Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/)
-   -   C&L Performance is now offering custom tuning for 2011-13 Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f800/c-l-performance-now-offering-custom-tuning-2011-13-mustangs-511144/)

JosephCook78 8/5/12 07:29 PM

Just thinking out loud, but can the torque tune have the cam idle tune settings at idle, and off idle have the torque tune for daily driving? The reason I ask is because mine will probably never see the track, 1/4 mile or autocross, but the torque tune sounds perfect and I love the cam idle tunes. That combo would be exactly what I'm looking for.

Doug@C&L 8/6/12 12:51 PM

Yes, it can do that without issue... :)

autobred 8/6/12 01:59 PM

Doug, Im getting ready to pick up the inTune from a local speed shop. My car is stock and planning to update the handheld once I get it home via diablosport site before I plug it into my car. I understand other than the 87,91, 93 performance tunes that it also has pre installed CAI tunes eg. your C&L and among others correct? Im planning to purchase a Boss intake, do you have a fitment (CAI) for that? How about a tune, do I have to get a CMR for the Boss intake? Im planning to order your 91 torque tune, 93 race tune, and your ghost cam tune once finalized, is it for the Diablosport also? Just curious on what to do once I get the Boss intake cause it is the next thing Im going to do.. thanks for any info.

Doug@C&L 8/6/12 02:10 PM

Doug, Im getting ready to pick up my inTune from my local speed shop. My car is stock and planning to update the handheld once I get it home via diablosport site before I plug it into my car. I understand other than the 87,91, 93 performance tunes that it also has pre installed CAI tunes eg. your C&L and among others correct? Im planning to purchase a Boss intake, do you have a fitment (CAI) for that? How about a tune, do I have to get a CMR for the Boss intake? Im planning to order your 91 torque tune, 93 race tune, and your ghost cam tune once finalized. Just curious on what to do once I get the Boss intake cause it is the next thing Im going to do.. thanks for any info.
Hi,

Yes, the intune comes with pre-loaded tunes for our intake among others in the device. At this time the C&L tunes are Diablosport tunes with the C&L MAF transfer function, we are working on having them updated with our custom tunes as offered by C&L too.

For the Boss Manifold you will require a custom tune from which we can make for you in any octane you so choose and in one of three formats, Performance, Torque or Race. You can simply order the custom tune and have it available for when you have the manifold installed. This way you are ready to go.

Also, the C&L 2011-13 air intake has the proper fitment with both the stock GT and the Boss manifold on a GT so by getting it you will have the right one for both setups.

Just let me know how I can help!!

Thanks, Doug

autobred 8/6/12 02:20 PM

cool! thank you Sir

JosephCook78 8/6/12 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Doug@C&L (Post 6412703)
Yes, it can do that without issue... :)

Tried to PM you back and the site won't let me.

2012GTCS 8/6/12 09:20 PM

Little confused here.

Is the diablosport tuner just another method to upload tunes??? Like u can use that to upload any aftermarket tunes or only the diablo tunes? And the fact that it's "invisible" when returned to stock is tempting but are only the diablo ones apply to this.

Sorry new to actually understanding tuning.

autobred 8/7/12 04:29 AM

Its a tuner that has preloaded tunes that you can choose from. They have been tuning mustangs for a while and have countless hours of inhouse dyno time, so you have to keep an open mind about the so called canned tunes. If you are modified with cams etc. you can go to any Dyno Shop that are a diablosport dealer and they will use the CMR software(custom tune) to get you where you need to be. JPC racing comes to mind, they both have SCT and Diablosport but chose Diablosport to tune their 1100whp mustang. I cant comment on SCT for Ive never had it, but just read end users having difficulty swapping tunes and recommends being near a vicinity of their house or extra power run to batteries,that kinda turns me off. I was willing to try since I have no experience with mustangs and census is SCT. In my mopar Ive swapped tunes/changed parameters at the track, in the neighbohood, anywhere and never once a load failed with the diablosport. So Im going back to Diablosport, at least it hasnt let me down but theres always a first LOL..

Doug@C&L 8/7/12 10:20 AM

Thanks for saying just about everything! :) We too are Diablosport CMR dealers, I've been tuning with Diablosport using their Ford and Dodge CMR tuning software for longer then most dealers have been around, lol..

As before mentioned, its another option aside from SCT, does the same as SCT, doesn't leave a footprint in the ECM, and a custom tuned Intune programmer costs $389 the same as a custom tuned X-calibrator at our store...

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...jpg?1335846581

Thanks!! Doug

u00mem9 8/7/12 11:14 AM

Doug.
I am trying to confirm what pid channels can be logged with the diablosport trinity. Can you cut and paste the list for 2012 Mustang GT (5.0)? The diablosport website wasn't much help.

Also can you confirm that both tps and pedal position are logged? I am currently only able to see pedal position with a obd2 logger, and I really want to see the delta between pedal and throttle body.

Thanks
Matt

Doug@C&L 8/7/12 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by u00mem9 (Post 6413242)
Doug.
I am trying to confirm what pid channels can be logged with the diablosport trinity. Can you cut and paste the list for 2012 Mustang GT (5.0)? The diablosport website wasn't much help.

Also can you confirm that both tps and pedal position are logged? I am currently only able to see pedal position with a obd2 logger, and I really want to see the delta between pedal and throttle body.

Originally Posted by u00mem9 (Post 6413242)

Thanks

Matt

Without a 2012 Gt in front of me I cannot tell you exactly what it logs.

There are hundreds of values to log with the PIDs using the Dataview software from Diablosport and can tell you the names that come to mind when trying to recall are....

ETC pedal position
ETC Throttle Angle commanded
ETC Throttle Angle actual

Remember, when logging ETC 82 is 100% because there is 8 degrees of slant in the throttle when its closed in the Throttle body, and of course 8 + 82 = 90 of throttle plate movement which is WOT.

For TPS monitior

TP Voltage
TP relative
Tp absolute
Accelerator Pedal Position (app) Volts
APP relative = which will give you pedal percent from closed

Still, the Ford system doesn't truly use the pedal as a Pedal Position VS throttle blade. It uses a Pedal Position VS Engine Torque calculated(in Newton Meters)+Oss modifier+Driver Demand Engine output(below WOT, at it doesnt use this value)= Actual ETC throttle angle.

There are even a few items I've left out in the equation but basically its a Torque based system. It is a very good idea to log Actual Throttle Angle as at WOT there are many Torque limiters that can be achieved and can close the throttle no matter where you have your foot on the pedal, used to get this ALOT with the automatics.

One final value I always log is Torque Source, this will give you a number 1-around 30. Use this number with the Torque Source table, which I can give you, and you'll see what item may be limiting you, IF your ETC value is closing.

Just let me know how I can help! Feel free to contact me direct at my email below for some more one on one help.

Thanks, Doug

2012GTCS 8/9/12 06:15 AM

Doug,

Slightly off topic but I Didn't wanna start a new thread. Can you post under hood pics with your C&L CAI installed? Thanks!

autobred 8/9/12 10:14 AM

heres one thread posted for the 13 mustangs in case you missed it, cant imagine the 12s looking too much different..hope it helps https://themustangsource.com/f800/20...rusion-511097/
Doug, I checked your site cant find the tuners themselves for sale..found the email tunes though..would you have a link? Tried to pm but will not allow, thanks.

Doug@C&L 8/9/12 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS (Post 6414282)
Doug,

Slightly off topic but I Didn't wanna start a new thread. Can you post under hood pics with your C&L CAI installed? Thanks!

Sure...

http://www.cnlperformance.com/images...%202%20med.jpg

Doug, I checked your site cant find the tuners themselves for sale..found the email tunes though..would you have a link? Tried to pm but will not allow, thanks.
Sorry for the delay, we've just added them for now to our store....

http://www.cnlperformance.com/oscommerce/

The reason for the delay is we've been building a new site and have them added there already but we just haven't went to the new site yet. I've also had PM's enabled but still get the errors, I've emailed one of the site admins to get this right, sorry.

Just let me know if I can help with any questions!

Thanks, Doug

jeff s 8/10/12 01:52 AM

Doug,

About the torque tune... I gather this tune differs from others in the cam timing, but can you explain why it would be down on power up top?

Can the cam timing not be altered as rpm increases to be favourable at low end for torque and transition to higher rpm friendliness as revs increase? Other parameters involved?

Anybody try this torque tune yet? It's appealing for gains down low, but I don't want to give anything up for them. Selfish that way!

TommyV 8/11/12 05:38 PM

Even after reading the "my engine blew up after my bad tune" thread on Mustang Evolution, I installed the C&L with the new '13 shroud. It went very smooth and everything fit perfectly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/tmr1085/CL.jpg

I also loaded the C&L 91 oct. performance tune. Perfect idle, no surging, everything feels stronger. I didn't want to push it too hard, since it was over 90 degrees outside. So, very happy so far, as long as my engine doesn't grenade...:)

Doug@C&L 8/13/12 12:01 PM

Very nice! In my heart I still love the white cars so much.

Thanks! Doug

autobred 8/14/12 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by TommyV (Post 6416019)
Even after reading the "my engine blew up after my bad tune" thread on Mustang Evolution, I installed the C&L with the new '13 shroud. It went very smooth and everything fit perfectly.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v682/tmr1085/CL.jpg

I also loaded the C&L 91 oct. performance tune. Perfect idle, no surging, everything feels stronger. I didn't want to push it too hard, since it was over 90 degrees outside. So, very happy so far, as long as my engine doesn't grenade...:)

looking sweet Tommy! finally got around to ordering the CAI/Tuner combo myself, cant wait!
Whats your poison, SCT or Diablosport? :D

TommyV 8/15/12 10:36 AM

I went with the SCT.

JosephCook78 8/16/12 12:34 PM

I just got my inTune and it's been on the saving PCM original backup screen for 15 mins or so. Nothing else happening. Is this normal? I'm at work on break and I can't sit out here too long but don want to mess anything up.