Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Build List

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/13, 03:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 32Fountain
I agree that the automatics are a little quicker and more consistent than the manuals day in and day out. However, it is not impossible for a manual transmisson to be reasonably consistent. BTW, I am replacing my 2011 GT 6MT with a 2014 GT 6A so I am a believer.

Making these three 6MT passes back to back surpassed my goals with my 6M transmission. Since I am now 70 I am not sure how much longer I will want to shift gears thus helping me make my decision to go with the automatic. My mods at the time of these three passes were:

Steeda CAI, Lethal cat delete offroad exhaust, SCT Dynojet tune (419 rwhp), AM shifter w/Barton 2 pc shifting bracket, GT 500 mufflers and a borrowed set of M/T drag radials.

I am told that I lifted the left front tire off the ground on each of these passes. Wish I had a video.

At the same time my friends with automatics and the same mods as me were running 11.88's.
When im 70 I want to be like you
Old 2/23/13, 08:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKSTANG13
2013 Premium GT Auto

Doing a NA street strip build goal (500rwhp)

- Kooks LT with catted H-Pipe leaving my flowmaster axle backs (don't want fumes with offroad pipe)
- Steeda Suspension Kit
- Steeda CAI w/ tune (done)
- Nitto DR's not sure size yet or rims

Question Marks are These:

- Are there any reputable head & cam packages or is all of the power already being made here?
- Torque/Stall Converter I only see one available.

Comments / Critiques?!
Update - Excited the Kooks set up will be here on the 27th and installed on the 28th. Next up I have decided that I am going to run the Laguna Seca Boss Rims then adding Steeda suspension.