Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA round 2 = Fail

Search this Thread

Old 12/31/13, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We all have our preferred vendors. Mine is hypermotive and late model restoration. I have used AM a couple times and had a few issues with them that took some time to get resolved,...but they did get resolved. They'd be my #4, right behind lethal performance.
Old 12/31/13, 04:40 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
We all have our preferred vendors. Mine is hypermotive and late model restoration. I have used AM a couple times and had a few issues with them that took some time to get resolved,...but they did get resolved. They'd be my #4, right behind lethal performance.
I like that list. I agree. I'd add cruizin concepts wholesale to that list. AM wouldn't be on there...
Old 12/31/13, 06:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I considered Bama tunes but from what I've read and seen VMP just better quality tunes most of the high performance stangs either have VMP or dyno tune... there's a place in Ohio that does dyno tuning for about same price as any other tune... so when warranty is up if I'm still here I'll probably go with a dyno tune if not I'll go with VMP or find another place to dyno tune specific for my car and my car alone
Old 12/31/13, 06:45 PM
Cobra Member

I've never had any problems with American Muscle. Four mustangs later and they are still my go to for parts. My Bama tune is good and I have never had any problems with there tunes. Could it be better...sure. No one is perfect but I think calling them directly is going to get your problems resolved better than talking to the reps on here. FWIW I have encountered rude Bama reps and have talked to American Muscle directly about it. Hypermotive is my go to source also, specifically Jay on here but I will still give A.M. my business.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 12/31/13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12/31/13, 06:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by punishermustang
I considered Bama tunes but from what I've read and seen VMP just better quality tunes most of the high performance stangs either have VMP or dyno tune... there's a place in Ohio that does dyno tuning for about same price as any other tune... so when warranty is up if I'm still here I'll probably go with a dyno tune if not I'll go with VMP or find another place to dyno tune specific for my car and my car alone

I can assure you that you will get the same performance out of a VMP remote tune and a dyno tune. Yes it will take time but I find this is a great learning process for those that don't know all that much on the tuning process.
Old 12/31/13, 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
I can assure you that you will get the same performance out of a VMP remote tune and a dyno tune. Yes it will take time but I find this is a great learning process for those that don't know all that much on the tuning process.
I agree. I had vmp write a tune for me. I drove it for around 1k miles then went and did a few Dyno pulls for data logging and justin called me and said everything was spot on and no need to adjust anything.
Old 12/31/13, 08:50 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
---
Personally I would have CJ Pony Parts ranked high up on my list.
Old 1/1/14, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
--- Personally I would have CJ Pony Parts ranked high up on my list.
I haven't used them yet so I don't have any opinion.
Old 1/1/14, 01:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
BINGO! I would never get a Bama tune for my car. They're just "generic" tunes that they throw together. No thanks.
FWIW,.....Lund, VMP, and AED do great tunes. Good luck Mike and let us know why route you went.
Respectfully, I must disagree about bama being just generic tunes that are thrown together. Bama designs a tune based upon ones vehicle and their particular modifications. As does any email tune. They are designed to work well with the mods one has done to their vehicle. I have Steeda, Bama and MPT email tunes and all work exceptionally well. My MPT tune provided the highest dyno numbers over my Steeda and Bama tunes but all were very close and comparable. For bolt on mod cars email tunes are great and a custom dyno tune will net little to no power gains over the email tunes. To the OP who is not happy with Bama, I would go with MPT or Steeda. MPT will be the most powerful tune of them but all very close.

My comments are not based from what I have read on the internet but based upon my dyno results and me driving my vehicle and feeling the tunes. Also based on speaking with a local custom dyno tuner.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/1/14 at 01:57 PM.
Old 1/1/14, 02:19 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Respectfully, I must disagree about bama being just generic tunes that are thrown together. Bama designs a tune based upon ones vehicle and their particular modifications. As does any email tune. They are designed to work well with the mods one has done to their vehicle.
As you do have the right to disagree.
It's just that this makes #3 that I know of, with a Bama tune that has gone wrong.
Old 1/1/14, 02:23 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
As you do have the right to disagree. It's just that this makes #3 that I know of, with a Bama tune that has gone wrong.
Couple that with big name vendor shoddy customer service, and, well, there you go.
Old 1/1/14, 02:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Couple that with big name vendor shoddy customer service, and, well, there you go.
Yeah,...that doesn't help either Burton.
I'm not sure about their customer service as I never dealt with them.
Old 1/1/14, 02:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

As you do have the right to disagree.
It's just that this makes #3 that I know of, with a Bama tune that has gone wrong.
Certainly, That's unfortunate for the those 3 people whose tune was not correct. I would then highly recommend Steeda or MPT but bama is no more generic than any other email tuning company. They all work the same way and can only get so much safe power out of an engine regardless which company one uses.
Old 1/1/14, 02:46 PM
GT Member

It took three tunes to figure out what I had for parts and their equivalent in Bamaland. After that power and Mileage was up. I wish I could write my own tunes. I think it would be faster and more fun.
Old 1/1/14, 03:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by det97
It took three tunes to figure out what I had for parts and their equivalent in Bamaland. After that power and Mileage was up. I wish I could write my own tunes. I think it would be faster and more fun.
Lmao. So who you gonna try next?
Old 1/1/14, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I would then highly recommend Steeda
If you are interested ... we can write you a tune and see how it goes?

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 1/1/14 at 06:11 PM.
Old 1/1/14, 06:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda

Sounds like a viable option, lol.

Let me know if I can help assist with getting you a Steeda Tune. In short ... we write our tunes specific to your vehicle. All cars react differently so if the tune is not spot on the first time, we will ask you to do a data log and we will make the adjustments on our end.

Also the same tunes we write for the Serialized Vehicles that are sold at Ford Dealerships are the same tunes we write for our customers. They are safe, reliable & powerful.

Lastly, we have had 0 issues in regards to warranty claims when our tune have been installed on consumers cars.

Best Regards,

TJ
Steeda is a great choice and with their free tunes for life program, its even a better deal. I'm very happy with the tune and customer service with all three Steeda, Bama and MPT.
Old 1/1/14, 06:22 PM

I debated between Bama and Steeda, but went with Steeda as they had great rebiews for their auto tunes. I couldn't be happier! While I didn't run the car before tune, I've turned (according to track pack app on board) a 4.3 to 60, and 12.7@116.5 in the 1/4..nothing but tune and Roush axle backs.

The difference in car is night and day, and the guys at Steeda where great to deal with.
Old 1/1/14, 06:38 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda

If you are interested ... we can write you a tune and see how it goes?

Best Regards,

TJ
I am very interested also for my 2013 3.7L
I live in Ft. Lauderdale and can travel to West Palm. You guys open this Sat?
Old 1/1/14, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

The AM guy STILL hasn't chimed in? He's everywhere else in this forum.

Quick Reply: BAMA round 2 = Fail