5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Adding quad tips

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/17, 06:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adding quad tips

Sorry if a similar topic has already been posted, I searched around and had no luck. I currently have a GT with the stock valance and Borla S types with just dual tips. I was looking into changing to a gt500 rear valance and seeing if a shop could just weld on a set of quad tips. I was wondering if anyone had done this and what the cost was for the tips and having them welded on. Also was there a specific type of tip you chose to use? And why?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2/5/17, 09:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Stangmods has tips that should work. So yes, in theory what you're trying to do will work. Just depends on how the tips line up with your mufflers.
Old 2/6/17, 09:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, didn't even think to look at Stangmods for the tips. Just wondering now how much it would cost to have the tips put on the S-Types.
Old 2/6/17, 10:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SterlingGrayGT
Awesome, didn't even think to look at Stangmods for the tips. Just wondering now how much it would cost to have the tips put on the S-Types.
If they line up, I would say no more than $100 from a good exhaust shop and really I'd expect it to be about $50 from my exhaust guy. It's two cuts from a body saw and two welds lol